La douleur exquise & Malevolent 🌙

Chapter 41: La douleur exquise & Malevolent
______________________________________________

La douleur exquise (French) the heart-wrenching pain of wanting the affection of someone unattainable
______________________________________________

Malevolent (adj.) causing or wanting to cause harm or evil.
______________________________________________

If I can't have you-Shawn Mendes

Hayden's POV:

3 months since rejecting Aspen

I had to. I just had to. No matter how it tore me apart. He made me.

Days before the rejection,dad came up to me and told me he saw Aspen and that she's not fit for the throne. I defended her saying that" she is,because if she wasn't;why would she have been paired with me?"

He threatened me to take Brooklyn as my mate. She knows more than what she would. 

I knew there was no changing his mind. Even after Seth begged me to challenge him for the title and for our mate. I didn't. *

______

It's been 3 months already,I should have been over her now.

2 months ago,I had officially crowned King along side Brooklyn. My chosen Luna.

The kingdom has been thriving since her absence. Except Me,Phoenix,Jacqueline,Landon,Xavier and Hunter. 

We spent days looking for her. Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months. Months will turn to years. And still n o t h i n g.

The look on her face that unfaithful day replays in my mind 24/7. Seth no longer speaks to me unless it's an emergency.  Phoenix has been distant but still hella of a beta. Jacqueline has been distant also but still runs circle around the women. Landon avoids me like the plague. *

I messed up.

"Babe" Brooklyn called out.

I cringed at the sound of her voice.

"Yes?" I answered

"Mom and dad want us present at the Royal dinner" she notifies

"Alright. When?" I asked

"In 2 months time" she says

"I'll add it to my schedule" I nodded

She huffed  and left.

This is how it's been the last month. Her trying to get something out of our conversation but I'm not giving in.* I've been distant in the bedroom but outside it's like there's nothing wrong and we are this perfect couple.

Is it wrong for me to hope to meet her sometime in life?

______

Been stuck in this meeting for the last 6hrs. 6hrs of arguing. 6hrs of being surrounded by  testosterone. 6hrs of nothing happening.

"Alpha Hayden?" Someone called out

"Mm?" I hummed

"Anything you want to add?" He asked*

We were discussing the rise of hybrids. Centuries of abomination are being created. And hunted down for power or kept as slaves. But lately they have a rise in numbers.

There should only exist what was originally created by the goddesses. No cross-breed. It seems unnatural.

Agree to the plan.

A voice said in my head.

Agree.

They have wronged you. Time to pay the price.

It will finally make him even more proud.

Think of the infinite power you can unlock or release onto the world.

The hunters.
Friends.
Family.
Mate.

"Enemies are people who are don't want  to recognize great power and accomplishments."
-StormiiWinter

You could win her back. Don't you want that?

Let her be yours forever. No disturbances. Nothing.

"No. The plans perfect." I confirmed

A/N:thoughts on the chapter ? Mysterious voice? Intentions?

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡