Immure🌙

Chapter 16: Immure
______________________________________

Immure (v.) to shut, seclude or confine
______________________________________

Third person's POV:

For the past 12 years, I've been on the run. Never staying in one place for more than a month at a time, and changing identities for each city or town. You could call myself Rouge, but that's a term I despise. Because my kind is reported to be being hunted down by hunters, I ran away from my pack four years after my beautiful daughter birthday. When we were myths and legends, the supernatural lived in peace, but we grew tired of hiding and emerged out of the shadows. Humans maintained a peaceful relationship until one very clever person (notice the sarcasm) decided to break the peace treaty and hunt specific supernatural species for pleasure.

I was on my way from Paris, France to a place I had yet to discover. I went to a gas station in the middle of nowhere to change up my look. The bathroom was filthy, with what appeared to be litters of pee on the floor and a strong odour of faeces that made me sick.I dressed black pants, a green flannel shirt, and brown boots, with my natural hair loosely over my shoulders and minimal makeup to make my features pop, as I stepped out of a more attractive stall. Looking through my phoney IDs, I chose one that resembled my current persona and worked under the name Crystalline Ryler. I'm 27 years old and now enrolled at the University of California, but I'm taking a break to see the world. I've been walking for almost 6 months and have no idea where I'm headed or where I am currently. I'm tired and thirsty, but I keep pushing on to get to where I'm headed. Exploring my surroundings, I noticed a forest out in the distance and decided to test my body's boundaries. I pushed my wolf ahead and dashed into the woods. I looked around and saw no one, so I climbed up the nearest tree, laid my head in a network of sturdy enough branches, and fell asleep.

I was startled awake by the rustling of leaves and the digging of paws into the ground. I lost my balance in the tree and fell face first with a thud. My vision was cloudy, and the headache didn't make things better, as I groaned from the painful touch I made with mother nature's foundation. Instead of facing the sky, I was confronted by a cherry red wolf, and I surrendered to the darkness.

When the brightness from a fluorescent light shone into my eyes, I leapt to my feet, releasing a wave of pain that radiated throughout my body. I gazed about, feeling hemmed in by my cramped quarters. Is it a cell? It's likely that you came upon pack lands. I lay down because the pain was too much to endure.

The sound of a door opening made me anxious, and the sound of footfall closing in on me made me jump until they came to a halt in front of the cell. To sit properly, I pushed off my elbows and looked in their direction. There were roughly three men, all of whom were clothed in sweatpants.

They're quite attractive.

Mate, I miss you. Leah, my wolf, sighed.

We've been through this, Leah. Christian left us, Roman hasn't made an effort to find us, and we know he's moved on and found someone else. I understand they are your mates, but you can't keep doing this, it's been 12 years, when are you going to start letting go of both of their stupid asses, because honey, they don't deserve us, they have damaged us, and so it's finally time for you to do the same.

I understand what you're saying; it'll be difficult, but it's time for me to let them go and go on.

That's my girl!! I'll truly be there with you every step of the way!

A/N: what do you think of this chapter? Who is the mystery lady?

Vote

Comment

-stormii⚡