Ominous🌙

Chapter 21: Ominous
______________________________________

Ominous (adj) suggesting that something unpleasant is likely to happen
______________________________________

Third person's POV:

Days? Weeks?A month?

I've been imprisoned in this dreadful cell. In front of the cell are the same old guards. Every day, at the same time, the same toast and baked beans are served. Random guards throwing water on me and laughing hysterically about 4:30 a.m. If you don't answer, you'll be subjected to whiplash interrogation techniques. Every day, the men on watch give me the same hungry glances. Every day, people ask the same questions.

It's the same old fuckup. EACH AND EVERY DAY.

But I had a gut feeling that something unexpected would happen.

In this confined cage I'm locked in, I quietly yawned and stretched out my body, expecting the usual, but today was different. First, I saw that my usual guards, Stephan and Rico, were not stationed in front of my cell as they usually were. Second, I was as dry as a desert with no splashing,aww. Third, there is no interrogation or whipping. Fourth, there were no lustful looks; instead, everyone appeared to be professional and robotic. The fifth point is that no questions were asked. Finally, a full English breakfast was given to me, along with a full glass of water.

Whatever it is that happened today can't be leading to something good

However, one thing remained unchanged: witch hazel and nightshade. Both of them were put into my bloodstream on a daily basis in order to weaken me.

I'm a hybrid, thus I'm not your typical supernatural being. Half wolf, half witch.

Being a hybrid has both pro's and cons, as proven by my current unfortunate  circumstances.
Hybrids are being captured because of their powers. When hybrids first appeared, we coexisted peacefully with the rest of the species. However, greed changed everything, and we were hunted down because of a rumoured prophecy about our powers in another being.

As a result, I've been on the run, always on high alert or paranoid, as most people call it, right up until now. In any case, where am I? With that thought in mind, the air around them changed. Anything alive stopped doing what they were doing and stood still. A faint strangulating aura rolled off in waves in the air, alerting everyone to their presence.

Am I in Roman's pack? Or maybe Christian's posse?
Will they recognise me if I'm in either of their packs? Do they even recognise me after all these years?
Even if it had been one of them, their aura had never been this powerful and dominating. Did they grew in power?

As torturing as it arrived, it diminished rather fast like it was never there and things returned to normalcy, sort of. I sat quietly for hours, listening to the two new guards talk.

Guard 1: Is he really coming today, dude?

Guard 2: Sure, but why the sudden reappearance?

Guard 1: You never know what might have happened.

What are they talking about, and why is he causing such a stir in this pack?

With that in mind, the same old nurse came to inject witch hazel and nightshade into my bloodstream. I've only felt weak and drained since they started injecting this into me, but now I'm dizzy, disoriented, and sleepy.

The background noises faded into the distance, and I could scarcely keep my head up; my eyelids soon drooped close.

^^^

My body jerked up from its forced slumber. My head was still hazy and aching, and my vision was cloudy, but I could tell I wasn't in my cell when I mistakenly gazed up at a bright neon blue light overhanging my head. I was in what appeared to be an interrogation room, but the terrible stench of dried blood mixed with putrid burnt flesh and untreated wounds persisted in the air, indicating that I hadn't left the celluler.

Looking around, I noticed that there were no windows and that the walls were made of metal. However, I could tell they were packed with a poison.

Wolfsbane! That's what that "nurse" added when she injected me, that's what knocked me out.

My every motion, breath, and other bodily functions seemed like they were being observed. A stalker, but aww, I've got a fan. Even with the light, I couldn't make out a silhouette, but I'm certain that someone is in this room with me. They must have underestimated me because, even if they slow their heartbeats, hold their breaths in, and dull their auras to sneak up on the enemy and mask their scents, I can still detect them and take them out before they do anything.

Perks of being a hybrid

Anyone else would have been terrified to be in this situation because everyone knows what happens when you enter an interrogation room and refuse to give the answers they seek. Especially if the Alpha or Beta is involved. But I can't help but be concerned about Phoenix and Aspen, my children. My young warriors

Is Aspen doing ok that she's back at Crescent Eclipse?
Did the family I abandoned Pheonix with embrace him and raise him well?
Did she shift on her birthday?
Are they mated? Have they met their soul mates?
Did they reunite?
Could I have had a happily ever after with my family if things hadn't gone this way? Or where did they intend to go in this direction?
I'd give everything to see my children one more.
Not so much for my mate. Even after proclaiming that he would be miserable if I died, he is happier without me.
Would they still want me in their lives if I had left? If they didn't want me in their lives, I wouldn't blame them.

"I never expected to be in the presence of the most dreaded hybrid again," a voice said, breaking the silence.

Why does the voice of this person sound so familiar?

I looked around for the source of the voice but couldn't find it.But shortly, shuffling could be heard from the room's upper right corner, and a figure walked slowly towards the light, hoping that the anticipation would irritate and excite my senses, but I haven't been bored like this before.

"Did you miss me,my lovely Lara?" As they stood in front of me, the figure said

Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,

"Derek...." I exhaled deeply.

A/N: thoughts on the chapter?
Should the Lara character end here or should I introduced her to her darling children?

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡