Dèpaysement pt II🌙

Chapter 36: Dèpaysement pt II
______________________________________________

Dépaysment (n.) when someone is taken out of their own familiar world into a new one
______________________________________________

Lara's POV:

We had already started moving when the birds began to chirp and flap their wings to shake off the drowsiness.

By daylight, we were getting close to the Crystal Coven, the coven I mentioned. The border glittered because this place felt like a second home.

"Holt!" A voice screamed.

a slim, toned female, about 5" 7" tall. She had a figure that models would kill for, wavy charcoal black hair, one sky blue eye, and one hazel green eye.

A/N: the two different eye colour thing is actually called Complete Heterochromia (heterochromia iridis). And it so beautiful 😭❤)

You are who?" She orders

"Lara Carson,I'm here to see your leader " I say

I suddenly take a direct blow from a ball of energy, which knocks me to the ground.

"Leave! Before things get worse for you rougues " she sneers

She attacked me in fu****!

I reclaimed my position and fired a light energy at her, but she blocked it. Soon, even Lucy shifted as the females launched waves of assaults against her. But she didn't back down.

Then a great rush of energy knocks her down and both of us with it.

Force field?
Our faces were painted with amazement as our eyes widened. The person who did it possesses Rare Magic.

Aspen stood firmly while exhaling forcefully, her eyes blazing with rage. Half violet, half gray.

She appears enraged.

"How dare you hurt my mother," I said. She yelled.

You know that moment when someone you thought was shy suddenly switches to a completely different side of themselves? No? Well, it's pretty terrifying.

"You're dead!" She made a threat

She shoots forth a wave of fireballs that quickly impact their victim and give her time to respond. Aspen melts the ice shards that the witch swiftly shoots before they even touch her.

She retaliated by driving a wedge into the ground, which caused the bothersome witch to tumble screaming into oblivion.

Aspen exhaled heavily when she heard a woman in her 40s with a curly afro, dark skin, and chocolate brown eyes clap slowly from the field near the boundary.

I never imagined I'd run into you again, she says.

Me either," I grin as I embrace her.

She raises an eyebrow as she turns to look at me from behind.

"Girls, this is Athena," I said as I introduced Stella, Yolana, Lucy, Zenna, Ellie, and Aspen.

A chorus of greeting for both parties were said

I said, "Thea, I brought you some new members if you still want to expand the coven."

"Sure, that. She grinned, "You're going to enjoy it here. Let me show you around, please.

The girls were beaming with joy as they took in their new surroundings as we followed her into the border. The journey came to a close at Athena's house.