Esperance🌙

Chapter 55: Cessation & Esperance
______________________________________________

Cessation (n.) an end to something;a stopping
______________________________________________

Esperance (n.) hope
______________________________________________

Loyal Brave and True- Christina Aguilera

Aspen's POV:

And suddenly sadness turned into anger.

As I saw my mate struggling for his life on the ground. Although my flame raged ferociously and hotter, my heart broke at the sight.

I gave Myra control. A surge of power came over me.

I knelt down and placed my hands on the blood soaked soil and everyone on our side was safe in a force fieldI created for each. I got to my feet and popped my neck and knuckles.

And they died.

Derek, Mason, Roman, and Devon are still there.

"You used, raped, and abused me." I remarked while staring them in the eyes.

"Dad, why are you shocked? Am I not what you wanted?" I grinned.

"Derek, do you still think I'm too pathetic to take the throne?" I jeer.

"Christian,I'm grateful that you left me there then I wouldn't have found myself," I grin.

"Devon,why you mad bruh?" I laughed.

Derek rolls his eyes and replies, "You won't kill us, you have too much of a conscience to do that."

I send a lightning strike through his body, causing his body to stiffen up, but it wasn't strong enough to kill him.

"What were you saying?" I taunt

He fiercely coughs, and blood sprays from his mouth.

I took water from the earth and swirled it about me as I taunted the creatures in preparation for my next move. I point the water body in the direction of each of their bodies, transforming it into icicles that pierce through their clothing and tether them to specific trees. They're at my mercy now. I witnessed them attempting to escape the icy hold but it was futile.

I turned around after snapping my fingers to disable the force fields and saw every member of our army stand to take triumph and glory as well as retaliation.

"Your mistakes lead to your own downfall but earned me a kingdom" then I turned around and faced my army "They all yours"

My body becomes limp.

!¡!¡!¡!¡

Breathin' - Ariana Grande

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I genuinely detest both that noise and hospitals.

My body felt as if it had been struck by a train and then run over by a vehicle. Everything hurt like a bitch.

My head was throbbing so terrible that I think my brain was trying to escape, and I groaned in agony.

A recognizable voice said, "Don't move princess."

When I opened my eyes, Hydra was watching me warily.

Are you thirsty? He question

'Yes'

He reached into the room's mini-fridge and took out a bottle of water. It was immediately swallowed, and my throat felt less hoarse.

"What happened?" I mumble.

He explains, "Well, after you collapsed on us once more, everyone took turns torturing those three until they begged for death, which was given. I know you planned to do it, but your body couldn't handle using so much power at once."

"Ares! Where is he?" I questioned as I scampered out of bed.

He deadpans, "Hold it, he's fine and resting and you should too.

"But..." I trail off

Hydra gave me a direct stare, leaving no room for argument.

Just as the doctor entered to check on me, he assisted me in getting back into bed.

I say I have had my fair share enough of doctors.

"Although you've been out for a week, your vital signs are okay" the doctor says "you simply need to rest a little."

Wait? A week?

"See you later,my Queen" he leaves.

I raised my eyebrow at Hydra to confirm that I've been out for a week. He nods.

He smiles, "Rest up, you have guests to meet."

A few hours later

I could leave my bed because I was well enough. now being wheeled in a wheelchair from that room to meet specific individuals. I had on a pair of sweatpants, a spongebob hoodie, and a pair of Crocs; nothing special.

A bunch of people were seated in the formal dining room. When they noticed me, they all got up.

"My Queen," they all bowed.

"Uhm..hi?" I said more as a question

A woman with pixie blood red hair greeted, "Eleanor, Queen of the dragon ." She was stunning.

"Hera,Queen of the witches" a women with flowy white sliver hair I introduced

"Lorenzo, King of the Vampires," a stunningly attractive man with tan complexion and jet black hair greets.

"We are come to thank you and your family on behalf of our people for all that you have done for us. We are incredibly grateful to you, Queen Aspen, for saving us from those evil creatures "Hera said

"Mm. We are forever in your debt " Lorenzo furthers

Eleanor says, "You can call on us whenever you need us."

I blush, "I don't know what to say."

"You don't need to say anything; Isabella made the perfect choice in picking you as Queen." Eleanor smiles.

A voice says, "I, myself, agree with you."

My stomach starts to flutter, and I know who it is.

"Glad to see you're still alive, King Ares." Lorenzo beams.

He chuckles, "I'll be damned if I die at that bitch's hand."

"We better head out now" Hera says.

"Looking forward to seeing you again, hopefully under better circumstances next time" Lorenzo beams.

"Likewise," I smile

Ares whispered out, "My Queen."

"My King," I answer.

"Esperance," the Hydra mutters.

Hope.

!¡!¡!¡!

A/N: thoughts on the chapter?

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii⚡