Vespertine🌙

Chapter 54: Vespertine
______________________________________________

Vespertine (adj.) in or of the evening;setting at same time as,or just after,the sun
______________________________________________

Wolves- Selena Gomez ft Marshmallow

2 months later

Ares's POV:

We spent months getting ready for this. Even though we had flown to Germany, Hayden had already picked a side.

As a result, we recruited allies from around the globe.

We have to win this.

~•~•~•~

We crossed into no-mans land. The sky is glowing a pale pink and orange as the sun has just set. Every day I would pause to take in the beauty above me, but today is different because it is a day when history will be changed.

My Queen, Aspen, is standing next to me. I sense her tense energy, but it is weak and masked by the rage and resolve raging through her. The elders, Isabella, Miles, and Lara, are behind us. And every ally we have on our side is behind them. Vampires, fae, angels, and demons to the dragon willing to battle till the end to save us.

The land was now enveloped in an eerie, black aura.

They've arrived.

The darkness that permeated the entire area loomed across from us.

Roman, Mason, and their group. Along side with additional packs and a specific figure. A Night vampire.

Aspen scowled, "Devon."

"Ah,sweetheart. I've missed you so much." Devon laughed, saying, "It's too bad you left before we could carry out our first plan, but we had another one in the span of time."

"What kind of a plan is that?" I questioned

"Oh Ares,son of the migthy Alejandro Hernàndez.Well, the plan is to wipe you out"  Devon remarked.

"Why?" Isabella enquired

A path was dug out amongst the wolves as a voice bellowed, "Because you are abominations."

And it had to be Hayden

"I'm glad I rejected you. Not something that is abnormal, I have a powerful Queen on my side "Smirking, Hayden

Sarcastically, Aspen responded, "Define normal."

A hand polished with long, translucent nails prevented him from growling at her.

Brooklyn muttered, "Just accept your fate and disappear."

"Sorry I don't speak skank," Aspen grinned "How do you even fuck an old wrinkled dick, though?"

"What are you talking about?" Brooklyn enquired

Aspen casually remarks, "Oh, that you fuck Derek behind Hayden's back and that it has been happening before we even met."

Pocking the hornet's nest.

Brooklyn scoffed, "You don't know what you speak off."

"Oh, yes, I do. Why ae you trying to hide your mark?" She asked.

"Because I can" she said

"Hayden Alexander Dominic Anderson. His initials would be H.A, although I'm not sure if those are really his." Aspen declared

You could practically see the gears turning in hayden's head.

"He is my real mate"  Brooklyn stated.

Bingo!

She looked at Hayden and stated, "Even though you know this now, you won't leave her or them because you can't, you stuck in their spell."

"I like a little family drama, but could we please end this?" Devon sighed.

The beginning of the end.

~•~•~•~

Wands, magic, fangs, and claws. On the battlefield, that was all that was seen.

I made an effort to find Aspen, but I couldn't find her. But my focus right now,is on Hayden.

We were face to face. Alpha to Alpha

We shifted and circled each other while growling, waiting for someone to act. Impatient Hayden's wolf launched the first attack. I grabbed the opportunity after taking a blow to my shoulder blade to severely scrape his underbelly.

He backed off, stumbling in his feet, and I charged at him, knocking him off his feet. I was about to kill him when I was flagged on my left side, which caused me to fall to the ground. On his side, a wolf with sandy brown fur stood up. Brooklyn. When I finally stood up, it was difficult. She was dead. Her cold body was covered in blood from having her neck torn out.

Hayden gave me a glance. She then. Me. Her. Me.

He lost control. Attacking from all angles in an effort to confuse me, but I repelled each attack. I have the advantage since his rage has made him blind. I aimed for his midsection, then I tore out his heart with my claws.

That's for everything he put Aspen through

I never stopped killing wolves. They all passed out before they could even touch me.

I observed Miles and Isabella battling 20 wolves as a team. I could make out Calab defending his fellow healer from wolves in the distance.

I was conscious of my surroundings, but not sufficiently, as my wolf stumbled over its feet and my lungs began to close. My eyes widened as I saw Derek standing over my body brandishing a dagger laced with witch hazel, wolfsbane, and my blood. a lethal combination

"Live for our mate" Apollo whimpered.

He called out to her. And time f r o z e.

She locked eyes with my dull ones.

Sadness.

~•~•~•~

A/N: thoughts on the chapter? Team wolves or team hybrids? 2 chapters til the end 😭

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii⚡