Anomaly & Ça fait mal🌙

Chapter 20: Anomaly & Ça fait mal
______________________________________

Anomaly (n.) something that is unusual or unexpected
______________________________________

Ça fait mal: it hurts
(French)
______________________________________

🎶Mansion by NF

Aspen's POV:

I was relieved to be free of the United States of America, let alone my belongings. My best friend and I went shopping for the first time. I should've asked if Jacy had sought permission from Hayden or Xavier, but it didn't occur to me. I didn't expect them to be extremely enraged, but they were well past that point on the rage scale. We walked out of the car, terrified, and raised our hands in submission, as if we were about to be arrested.

"Come here now, both of you!" Hayden exclaimed loudly.

We took a cautious approach until we were approximately a safe distance away from them but still close enough. I was fascinated by her shoes, which made Hayden even angrier.

"Look at me, Aspen," Hayden hissed, his teeth clenched.

My frail body was trembling, and I was internally debating whether to look him in the eyes or continue staring at my shoes. But, as afraid as I am to look at him, I'm not one to defy an order because it means I'll be punished twice.I raised my head and look at my mate terrified of what's going to happen,my punishment. But I already prepared myself for whatever it is and already deemed it justifiable.

He glared daggers at me, making me squirm at his intense stare,I tried to muffle my sobs but still I could tell Jacy heard them as she glanced over at me, I was uncomfortably shifting one leg to other,biting my bottom lip to stop my cries from reaching any other ears besides my own.He continued to stare at me, perhaps wanting to elicit a response from me, despite the fact that he could see the impending tears glistening in my eyes. Unexpectedly, he struck, wrapping his large, harsh, rough hand around my neck and steadily squeezing till my oxygen supply was virtually cut off. I tried but failed miserably to stop myself from hyperventilating as a torrent of tears cascaded down my scared face. I spotted Xavier standing there staring at the spectacle unfolding in front of him for an eye shot.

How dare he not attempt to help me?

I noticed Xavier and Jacy looking at each other, maybe mind connecting, but it appeared to be a failed attempt based on Jacy's attitude.

"Stop it, Hayden, you're going to kill her." She screamed.

He gave her a snarl.

While she was attempting to stop him from killing me, his mate, he snarled at her.

"Hayden,Stop!" She screamed once more.

He growled once more.

Soon after, two individuals emerged from the garage, surprised to discover what all the fuss was about.I couldn't see clearly, but I could see Hunter wedge himself between Hayden and me, but he was pushed so hard that he fell flat on his buttocks.

Hayden's grip on my neck tightened tenfold, but my body shook violently, almost as if I were being electrocuted by hundreds of volts. My eyes rolled back then forward, and I'm not sure what happened when they rolled forward, but he suddenly let go of my neck, and my body dropped to the hard ground.