Hypophrenia🌙

Chapter 23: hypophrenia
______________________________________________

Hypophrenia: (n.) A vague feeling of sadness, seemingly without cause
______________________________________________

🎵Elina- Champion

Aspen's POV:

I hurled myself face first on the bed after they shut the door behind me, huffing. I closed my eyes for a fraction of a second and went like a light...

∆∆∆

When I tried to roll over to sleep comfortably, I sighed because I couldn't get comfortable enough to resume the blissful sleep I'd experienced in the masterwork of a bed. I yawned softly as my eyes fluttered open. Slowly rising from the bed and placing a light foot on the floor.I turned to look over at my alarm clock that decorates the empty side table 10:30.

Wait! 10:30! Shoot! I overslept! Why didn't my alarm wake up! Oh crap, I didn't remember to set it!!! Hope no one kills me for oversleeping.

I dashed into the bathroom, nearly slamming the door shut. You'd think the water never touched me because I showered so quickly. I brushed my teeth and threw my hair up in a loose bun hastily. Despite the fact that it was hot outside, I wore sweatpants and a long-sleeved shirt. I calmed down by taking several deep breaths.

In and out
In and out
In      and     out

When my breathing has returned to normal, a tap on the door startles me. My anxiety level shot through the roof as I realised that whoever was behind the door was here to punish me for waking up late. My nose was filled with two scents: pine, raspberry, and vanilla.

Trey shouted, "Aspen, open up, we know you're in there."

When I realised it was them, my heart stopped racing. When I answered the door, they both hugged me tightly.

Trevor grinned and said, "Good morning, sunshine."

"Good morning, guys," I replied.

"You look so much better than you did last night," Trey exclaimed, "like you just crawled out of the woods after a fight with something and that something won."

"Hey!" I whacked his arm with my hand

"You can beat Trey up later, but what do you have planned for today?" Trevor was curious.

I shrugged, "I'm simply going to lie in my bed like a potato and binge watch Netflix."

"Nope! You're not going to die of boredom in this stuffy room, Missy; you're going shopping!" They both said the same thing, leaving no space for disagreement.

As they took me out of my room, I groaned inwardly. People stopped what they were doing to stare at us, which made me uncomfortable enough that I tried to shrink myself into Trevor's body. He must have noticed what I was doing because he stopped dragging me and pulled me into his shoulder.We walked into the town square in this manner. I could feel the icy stares, but the twins shrugged it off and tried to persuade me to have some fun. I admire what they're doing, but this isn't my thing and definitely outside of my comfort zone. We finally sat down at a restaurant called "McDonald's" after 3 hours of walking in and out of stores. I've never been to a restaurant in my life, and here I am, eating "the big Mac meal" that they bought for me,3 to be exact.

These fries are seriously the bomb

(A/N: who doesn't like McDonald's fries?🤔)

As I was ready to start eating my fifth packet of fries, a sharp agony shot through me, and I let out a piercing scream as my body collided with the porcelain tile. Both twins' eyes were filled with worry as they tried to figure out what was wrong with me. My ears began to ring, and I couldn't hear a word Trey said, but I knew he was speaking to me. Tries were falling out of control, and my shirt was soaking them up. I felt Trevor pick me bridal style,As we went out of the town square, my vision was fuzzy, but I could see that everyone had their eyes and entire focus on us. Trevor giggled quietly as I nestled up to him on his chest, clutching the edges of his Tupac Shakur graphic shirt for dear life.