Selcouth 🌙

Chapter 7: selcouth
______________________________________

Selcouth: (adj.) unfamiliar, rare strange and yet marvelous
______________________________________

Aspen's POV:

If I said I wasn't nervous, I'd be lying.

When we arrived at the Royal Castle, my heart raced a million miles per second and my mind went blank as I stared in awe at the view of the castle as we drove by to the entrance; I believe, it's that BIG, no, it's ENORMOUS!!! I can't believe I'm here. Oh, my goodness!! It has a Victorian-style structure that seems like it came straight out of a magazine, with about 12 stories and 1200 rooms (or 100,000), each with a private silver-black balcony that blends in well with the beige colour scheme. I'm interested to see how it looks on the inside...mmh

Aspen Emberlynn Khelani relax! Geez

So, a bunch of men, maybe 16-18 years old, approached the car, and one of them opened my side of the door, and I was so stunned, I almost passed out, and he was so gorgeous looking, like oh my word! So he took my belongings and led me to the door, where a sweet girl, who appeared to be around 18, stood there with long charcoal black hair with silver points, icy blue eyes, a thin physique, and a warm welcoming smile plastered on her face.

"Welcome to the Royal castle, we hope you enjoy the ball and your stay with us," she said as a doorman opened the dark oak double French doors, and my oh my, it was a captivating mesmerising type of jaw dropping gorgeousness, like I was speechless, but the moment of awe was broken when Vivian pushed me inside.

"Would you like to start walking, you wolfless bitch?" She snarled.

I followed my guide to the room I'd be sleeping in, rolling my eyes at Vivian's remark, and oh my gosh.....

Give me a moment...ok, I think I'm okay.

###

The room is absolutely stunning, with a king or queen-size bed in the centre draped in a black and white duvet cover, a grey Parisian rug in front of a fireplace, a black sleeper sofa, and two small burgundy chairs scattered around the fireplace, one draped in a dark grey lush fleece blanket, all of which blend in with the soft grey coating. It has a cosy atmosphere, despite the dark and gentle tones. Strutting in closer, peering around the room in wonderment as ideas raced through my mind, I pinched my arm, unsure if this was real or a dream.The peak of light that shone through a gap in the charcoal black curtains drew my attention, and when I opened them, my eyes widened as the view was breathtakingly beautiful, from how the snow formed a cold blanket over what appeared to be Himalayan mountains, to the marriage of the sunset's rays of orange, yellow, and a hint of pink lightly spread throughout the sky like a masterpiece nature never fails to create. I instantly strolled over to my bag and grabbed my outfit, feeling inspired to make some "alterations to it." I worked my magic on the little wood table in the corner of the room, setting up a temporary workstation and producing a masterpiece I'm proud of. With

###

I dropped my body on the bed, sliding inside the duvet of pure lushness, and drifted off into a deep sleep after finishing the alterations to the dress. I was drained beyond my expectations.

Heat!!!

Pain!!!

What the fuck is happening with me?!

I awoke sweating profusely and breathing irregularly and rapidly. I struggled to get out of bed, my knees crumpled to the floor, and I crawled my way to the door, straining to get up, I finally opened the door leading out to the dark silent hallways, slowly making my way down the stairs through the oak doors I had admired earlier in the day. I limped my heavy body through the paved path that most probably led to the garden or woods, literally have no idea where I was heading because my mind was clouded.

My body abruptly came to a standstill, shocking me to the core, as an intense scorching heat rose up in my stomach and spread out to the rest of my body at breakneck speed, knocking the air out of my lungs and dropping me to my knees. A piercing agony pierced my veins, making me feel as if the colour of my skin had melted away and my eyes had started to tear up. My bones began to fracture and repair in strange ways, and the sounds, combined with my ragged uneven gasps, filled the air. As my body endured its unexpected transition, I let out a spine-chilling scream. I became aware that I was not normal when the pain and heat subsided. My body had changed into a wolves form. I was entranced as I looked down at my freshly created body, which was coated with silver grey fur.

"Hello, Aspen" a voice in my head said.

"who you are?" I asked.

"My name is Myra and I'm your wolf," she said, "but this is my voice in your thoughts."

"How? Like, how did you end up here? I thought I wasn't a wolf, that I was human," I inquired.

"I get that this is scary, but I've been dormant for a long time, and I assume that being here has sparked my awakening," she says.

Oh...OMG!! I've got a wolf!!

"How this wolf thing even work?" I wondered 

"Well, we can change by will, and we can converse via mindlink, and your senses will be heightened, and your body will most likely change." Oh, and you've got a mate! She responds.

"Mate? "What exactly is a mate?" I wanted to know more about the last thing she said.

"You are really uneducated for a girl who grew up in a wolf family, but a mate is someone the Moon Goddess pairs with a wolf, and it can be a human, although that's rare, or another wolf." This person is the human's soulmate and the wolf's other half." She summarises it.

So, how do we get back to normal?" I enquired.

She said, "Just breathe and envision your body returning to normal."

I did as she said and felt my limbs retract until I was standing on two legs, but I was naked, and the night's chilly wind sent shivers down my spine. A wave of heat engulfed my body in a warm embrace.

Myra declares, "There are some clothing under that tree."

I reminded her, "I can't see."

As a surprise, my vision has become as clear as day. I slowly approach the tree, scooping up the soft cold clothing, quickly changing into olive green sweatpants and a white hoodie, and making my way towards the castle. I crept through the door and into my room on tiptoe. I glanced at the clock on the right hand side table after I was inside and saw that it was only 3:00 a.m.!! At the very least, I'll get a good night's sleep. As I dragged my excruciatingly pained body into the lovely bed and plopped down, a yawn left my lips, and sleep flooded over me like a blanket.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day...

A/N: what do y'all think of the chapter? Is Myra a dream?

Vote!

Comment!

-Stormii ⚡