Rue and Minacious🌙

Chapter 53: Rue and Minacious
_

____________________________________________

Rue (v.) bitterly regret ( something one has done or allowed to happen
______________________________________________

Minacious (adj.) menacing,threatening
______________________________________________

Rise- Katy Perry

Aspen's POV:

"Aspen?"

Even though I was there, I couldn't control my body.

When I opened my eyes, I felt strong and determined.

"Babe, why are your eyes a dark purple?" Ares enquired

As a force drew me upward until I was hovering over the bed, my body felt light.

"Il male che si annida sarà sconfitto, perché sono tornato con vendetta"

[Italian: Evil that lurks will be destroyed as I'm back with vengeance]

I quickly blinked my eyes as I quickly fell back onto the bed to get used to the brightness.

"hi" I quipped

They all stopped and looked at me wide-eyed

"What?" I questioned.

Ares remarked, "Are you okay?"

"Peachy," I grinned.

|>|>|>|

Everyone has been cautious around me since after I was discharged.

I've just returned from a run. I head to the kitchen for some water and an apple as I'm kind of out of breath. A spalsh of something touches my shoulder as I'm returning to my room, and when I trace it with my finger, it's blood.

I look up and see something dreadful. A message and a body hanging on a rope were both on the celling.

On the Blood moon where a new era began, I'll strike and take what is mine as well as a little something else because years ago on a particular day history was made, and they do say that history repeats itself.

D and C

It was a young girl's body that was tortured and begun to decay.

I yelled, "Ares!"

"What?" he asks anxiously.

I referred to the celling because I was too overcome with dread to speak.

He continued to murmur to himself, "Shit! how did they write this."

Isa stood there looking ghostly pale, and Mom remained motionless at the bottom of the steps as we heard a gasp from behind us. Miles is scowling furiously.

"Where did a new age begin?" Isa pondered

"The era of hybrids" Miles said, "On no man's land."

"D and C?" asked Mom.

I responded, "Devon and Christian Mason."

"He'll attack on the blood moon which is two months from now. He is posing potential war" Miles said

"And we'll be prepared for it," I snarl.

|>|>|>|

And when we let the kingdom know, everyone was prepared to defend their people.

We also called for help from all species that roamed the world.

Every day, I work to improve my abilities. I'll make them pay for what they did. And that is a promise.

This isn't me. making other people suffer because they have hurt me. But they made threats against my family, friends, and partner. I see red.

Hearing the cries of those I love, seeing them die right in front of me—all because of me. I've actually found my home, but it could be ripped from me at any moment.

We are at war. I am destined to all this. Whether I'm prepared or not, this is happening.

|>|>|>|

A/N:thoughts on the chapter? we are almost to the end💔

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii ⚡