Retrouvaille🌙

Chapter 33: Retrouvaille
______________________________________________

Retrouvaille (n.) the joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long separation;rediscovery
______________________________________________

Welcome back by Ali Gatie ft Alessia Cara

Aspen's POV:

A shattering headache and bodily aches awoke me. I made every effort to breathe, but my lungs were unable to hold the air. My vision became foggy, and even frantically rubbing my eyes didn't help to clear it up. I started coughing up blood. Every time I coughed, the discomfort was made worse by my dry throat. I lost the ability to support my head.

I caved in to the dark.

°°°

I jumped up as a sharp ache sliced through my back. I turned to look and saw that my wrist and ankles were shackled to the wall; I could tell they were laced with wolfsbane from the foul scent of burning flesh.

These people love their wolfsbane.

Hearing activity at the far end of this row of cells, I realized I wasn't alone in this facility. I did my best to look through these silver bars, but all I could see was an increasing number of cells.

The straps of the cuffs were burning my skin, so I retreated. Despite the nauseating stench of blood, burned flesh, wolfsbane, salty tears, and rotting bodies, I continued to breathe in and out. I tried to remain cool as much as possible because, wherever I am, having a panic attack won't get me out of this.

Shuffling came from the cell next to me, and while my heart raced and threatened to burst through the space between my lungs, I could feel it.

"Hello," I muttered.

No reaction

"Hey, are you all right?" I mumble

a voice say, "I'll survive."

The bars and handcuffs soon vanished after a thunderous noise that nearly caused an earthquake reverberated throughout the structure. I made the decision to try my luck, so I made my way outside till I came to the woman's cell.

She appeared weak but well-fed. Even in her filthy state, she was stunning. Her wild, long, ruby red hair probably reached her waist. She and I were drawn to each other by the same force, and I could tell that she felt the same way because she started to move and slowly raised her head and I  gazed directly into those violet eyes.

T I m e  s t I l l e d .

It wasn't the same as when I first met Hayden. It was different and more profound.

We continued to look at one other as tears streamed down her face and her mouth curled into a smile. I regarded her in perplexity.

She rasped, "I never imagined I would survive to see you.

I was bewildered, and that's an understatement.

As she drew nearer to me, the anguish caused her to wrinkle up her face. Two of her fingers were placed on my forehead as she raised her hand.

Flashback:

10 years ago

I encircled my stomach with my arms because laughter had made it hurt. Due to the joke that my uncle Zeus and I played on him, my dad's side of the family, he arrived home with pink hair. He was so furious that he stormed into the bedroom he shared with his mother. Uncle Zee and I exchanged glances before giggling once again.

Why did you harm your father, Key? Mom yelled as she down the stairs.

"How sure it was me?" I laughed.

She gave me her "I asked you a question so I want an answer, no jokes" look as she turned to face me.

"Okay, okay. we put pink dye in his shampoo as a prank "I clarified

She gave my uncle a glare.

"It was entirely her idea" he said while raising his hands in defense.

"No that was so not, you dragged me into it!" I yelled.

Well, regardless of whose idea it was, she instructed, "Y'all better fetch him a new shampoo bottle in the next 30 minutes."

Yes, ma'am, we replied.

I'm sprinting in my Silver Pearl pack to the market to buy my dad a fresh bottle of shampoo. When we greeted Mrs. Simmons in the supermarket and told her about our joke, she chuckled and her eyes twinkled. After purchasing the shampoo, we hurried home. My dad received an apology from us and a bottle of shampoo. When he did, everything went smoothly.

That was the final dinner I had with my family, which Mom set up while wearing a bun for her ruby red hair.

°°°

Once the memories was gone, she took her fingers off.

"Mo-mom" I stumbled.

She softly murmured, "Hey, honey."

Her eyes sparkled with tears while tears mimed down my cheeks. Despite blood pouring down my arms and legs, I pitifully forced myself to stand up.

When a slow clap reverberated the entire dungeon, a male figure in his 40s or 50s who was a splitting image of both Hunter and Hayden emerged from the shadows. His eyes were coal black, his pupils were almost invisible, and he was 6 inches tall with pale-looking skin. My mind was racing with questions, and I was about to seek my awiated answers.

He crossed his arms and sneered menacingly, sending chills down my spine.

"The resemblance is uncanny, don't you think, Lara? "His query

She glared.

He grinned, "I'm sorry I had to disrupt this lovely reunion, but I really had to meet her.

He turned to face me, lust smoldering in his obsidian eyes. He stepped forward, causing my mother to growl at him. Despite this, he continued to move closer to me. You can see the pure wickedness lacing his eyes if you look closely enough. He grabbed me by the neck with his enormous hand, and as he squeezed the air out of my lungs, veins swelled.

"Derek, let her go! This is between us"
she yelled.

My head was rolling back as I was about to pass out when he roused me, my knees were banging against the concrete floor, my lips quivered as I held back the tears from failing, and there were black dots coming from the corners of my eyes from the lack of oxygen. He kicked me in the stomach, nearly breaking my spine as my head and back hit the cell wall. The pain knocked me out, and blood started to drip from the back of my head.

He mocked, "You're too pathetic to claim the crown."

Before I surrendered in to the darkness, that was the last thing I heard, and the silver wolfsbane laced cuffs on my wrists and ankles were the last thing I felt.

°°°

A/N: thoughts on the chapter? On Lara? On Derek? Double update!😁

I just had to make them meet,you know 🤗 I'm not that cruel. Btw I'm not cruel in  real life 🙂

Recommend: Property of  Vittore Martinelli by NVMelissa13

Vote!

Comment!

-stormii⚡