14

Upon knowing Mina's situation, Chaeyoung would drive Mina to the hospital occasionally to visit her mother since the doctor said her condition is improving.

"I'm going to the washroom now. Please help me look after my mum." Mina said and Chaeyoung nodded.

Mina then left the ward and went to the nearest female toilet.

Chaeyoung stood up from the couch and walked closer to the bed where Mina's mum is lying on.

"Hi auntie. I'm Son Chaeyoung, Mina's friend just in case you can't remember me. I'm taking this chance to say this because I can't let Mina know about this. I'm hoping that if you can hear me, please try your best to wake up as soon as possible. Mina is having a hard time coping with the bills now but don't worry, I'm helping her to pay some of it since she doesn't wants me to pay all of them. And um... I wanted to ask, if I can have your permission to court your daughter? I think that it will make me feel more happy if you accept me without having to worry about you protesting to Mina and my relationship. I'm not sure if Mina likes me back but I will try my best to win her heart and protect her at all co-" Chaeyoung stopped abruptly upon hearing Mina's voice outside the ward, talking to the doctor.

He quickly shifted back to the couch and pretended to play his phone while the doctor and Mina entered the ward together.

The doctor came and do the daily check for Mrs Myoui and after checking that all her vitals are stable, he left the ward.

Mine then went back to sit at the chair beside the bed and she turned to Chaeyoung.

"Earlier, I heard you talking. Are you busy now?" Mina asked.

"Huh? No." Chaeyoung said and Mina felt weird about Chaeyoung's reply but she couldn't sense it where.

She decided to shrugged it off and chatted with her mum for a few more minutes before deciding to leave the ward together with Chaeyoung.

"I'll visit you soon again." Mina said and pecked her mum's cheek.

When they walked towards Chaeyoung's car, Chaeyoung asked if Mina wanted to eat dinner with him since she only have a sandwich for lunch.

Mina then nodded and Chaeyoung said that he will bring her to a place.

"It better not be any restaurant again." Mina said and Chaeyoung laughed.

"Okay okay, I promise. You will love that place." Chaeyoung said and they hopped in his car.

Chaeyoung then drove them to a stall which is flooded with people outside, waiting for their take-outs.

Chaeyoung entered the stall with Mina following behind.

"Uncle!" Chaeyoung called for the owner and an uncle with a big belly appeared from the kitchen.

"Oh Chaeyoung." He then went to serve them while having some small chit-chat.

"Alright, I'll go get your meal." He said and went in to the kitchen to prepare their food specially.

"The uncle here is a nice person. When I starved myself previously, he cooked for me the best jjajangmyeon I ever had without collecting money from me." Chaeyoung said and smiled upon remembering that incident a few years back.

Not long later, their jjajangmyeon was served and the uncle teased Chaeyoung and Mina.

"What kind of boyfriend are you? Why did you bring your pretty little girlfriend here to eat at my small stall? You should bring her to a big restaurant and have your romantic dinner there." The uncle said and Mina blushed.

"Uncle! She's not my girlfriend..." Chaeyoung said and leaned closer to him.

"Yet." Chaeyoung added and the uncle smiled.

"Oh, what a waste. If I'm still the young me, this girl will be taken by me already." The uncle said and laughed.

"You this old fella. Go to work and stop chatting with other's girlfriend!" His wife then came and scolded him.

"Fine fine old lady." Uncle said and left them to eat.

"Erm... Let's eat." Chaeyoung said and they started to dig in.

After they finished eating, Mina was about to put her chopstick on top of the bowl but clumsy her strikes and she dropped the chopstick.

She then bend down to picked it up while Chaeyoung's hand went over to the edge of the table to cover the edge so that Mina will not knocked onto it when she lift her head up.

Mina then lifted up her head and saw Chaeyoung's hand at the edge of the table.

She was fluttered because of the small caring act from Chaeyoung.

The guy she likes...

________________________________________

So they're about to get together! Who's ready for this?
Please vote and support me!
Hope you enjoy reading.
Thanks for reading!