18

After that confession, Chaeyoung and Mina went to a park mearby for a walk.

Chaeyoung and Mina's hands are intertwined as they walk side by side.

Both of them are not talking but the silence between them is calming and comfortable.

They then sat down at a bench and looked up at the sky.

"Mina-ya." Chaeyoung called.

"Hm?" Mina hummed back.

"Come to my current company and work with me." Chaeyoung suggested and Mina looked at him.

"Really? But what if they don't accept me?" Mina asked.

"They will. You have experience in office job and from what you told me before, I think you're suitable for working as the purchasing assistant. And I heard my manager saying that the company is still hiring now so why don't you give it try?" Chaeyoung asked and Mina nodded.

"Okay then. I will send in my resume then." Mina said and Chaeyoung smiled.

And after a few more minutes, they then decided to go back home since it's getting late.

Finally, Mina told Chaeyoung her address and Chaeyoung drop her off under her apartment building.

"I thought you're always smoking? Why didn't you smoke today?" Mina asked out of curiosity as every time she saw Chaeyoung, he's mostly smoking or smells like smoke.

"I'm quitting it. To be a better man for you." Chaeyoung said and smiled.

"Have a good rest okay? Good night." Chaeyoung added and left a kiss on Mina's crown.

Mina then blushed and muttered good night back to Chaeyoung.

After that, she went up to her apartment and Chaeyoung left with a wide smile plastered on his face.

For the next few days, because of Chaeyoung's work, the new couple doesn't have a lot of time to meet up but when they have available time to meet each other, they will make sure that they enjoy to the fullest.

And glad for Mina, the company that Chaeyoung is working in currently, accepted her.

Mina will then start off her new job as a purchasing assistant.

Today, the CEO suddenly call everyone for an emergency meeting.

"Alright everyone, the reason why I called everyone in for meeting suddenly is because I'm getting older so I decided to have my son take over this company. Therefore, today will be my last day as your CEO and your new CEO will come tomorrow. I hope all of you can help me take care and guide my son along as he manage this company. It's been a pleasure working with all of you especially those workers who have been following me since the start. In a blink of an eye, it's already been 20 years since I've started this company. Thank you all of you who have went through the hardships with me. I really appreciated it so now, I will give all of you a bonus. Treat this as the last gift from me." The CEO said and he gestured his secretary to help distribute everyone's bonus that is put in an envelope.

After that, the CEO dismissed everyone back to work.

Chaeyoung then went to find Mina and just before they can exit the meeting room, the CEO's secretary called Mina.

"Mina-ssi, the new CEO is requesting for you to be his secretary. So please get ready your things and be ready to move it to your new desk." The secretary said and Chaeyoung frowned.

"What? Me? Why?" Mina asked.

"The new CEO looked through all of the employee's resume and he just chose you. I don't know why either." The secretary said and left.

After that, Chaeyoung turned to Mina while frowning.

"Great, so now the new CEO is going to snatch my girlfriend?" Chaeyoung said and Mina chuckled at the jealous cub.

"Relax Chaeng. What if the CEO already have a girlfriend or maybe he's even married? He's not going to snatch me away from you." Mina assured.

"Yeah? Then what if he's single? I can't imagine if you and him alone in the office and what if he harassed you?" Chaeyoung said.

"I bet he won't. If he did, I will just shout for help and all of his employees can have a good look of how their new CEO is like." Mina said and Chaeyoung pouted.

"But if you really became his secretary, I can't go and find you so often anymore." Chaeyoung said.

"We still can meet during lunch Chaeyoung-ah. Be good and go back to work now. We will go out eat together tonight, okay?" Mina said and Chaeyoung smiled.

"Promise?" Chaeyoung then held out his pinky finger for Mina to hook it.

"I promise." Mina said and hooked his pinky finger.

________________________________________

Oh, another new character in! Let's see if there will be any competition between Chaeyoung and the new guy.
Please vote and support me!
Hope you enjoy reading.
Thanks for reading!