07

After a long night of travelling to our apartment, I wake up to loud screams from the living room.

My immediate thoughts gravitate towards Harry. I can't go in there. No way in hell.

My chest rising, I turn to face the clock reading 02:32 AM. Unless something seriously awful is going on, why would somebody be screaming at half-past two in the morning?

My tired body rolls out of bed as I question what to do. I know all 699 rules off by heart and all of a sudden I forget every last one of them. Knowing I shouldn't investigate, the screams get louder and my curiosity gets the better of me.

My palms sweating, I touch the cold metal on the door and I creak it open. I tiptoe closer and closer to the front room, my heart beating out of my chest as I start to decipher what is being screamed.

"Please don't! I don't know where she is, I promise!" A man's croaky voice hollers.

I grip the end of the wall by the plant and wrap my head around and see the worst possible thing I could've imagined.

There in front of me, I see Harry with a gun pointed at a blond man on the floor, bleeding, bruises everywhere visible. "Tell me where she is!" Harry shouts before kicking the weak man, so he curls up in a ball.

My chest aching, I cover my mouth, feeling sick at the sight of it all. I look over to see Liam sitting on the singular sofa as smoke leaves his smirking lips. "I don't know, I don't know where she fucking is!" The man on the floor stutters, pleading for his life. Harry wacks him with his gun with a devious smirk on his lips.

Horrified, I slowly start backing away.

"Then how the fuck do you know I-" He gets interrupted by a loud smash, making my heart stop. I turn to the floor where I stand and see shattered glass from the vase and all eyes turn to me.

Fuck.

Harry swears under his breath then his jaw tightens. "You deal with him." Harry says in anger, his devious eyes still glued to me.

My heart thumping, he stomps up to me, his hands into fists, knuckles going white. "I'm sorry, I jus-" I get cut off as he pushes me into the bathroom.

"Hazel Ora Woods." He screams my name. He pins me against the cold sink, goosebumps becoming more prominent from the cool touch. I feel myself sweat as his face comes up near mine to the point where I slightly feel his hot breath.

My heart thuds in my chest as he stares at my chestnut eyes. "I thought I told you to watch your fucking step, Hazel, what don't you understand?" He asks in a raspy tone, making my stomach churn. "Warning two, Darling, next time that man back there will be you, dying a slow and painful death as we watch you slowly wither away. Do you understand?" He says in a low voice.

I nod profusely, wanting him to let go as I pinch my eyes shut. "I'm sorry, ple-"

"Don't. Apoligies don't fix things, Darling." He spits. All of a sudden, he becomes closer so my lips are almost touching his. He takes my arms and he lifts them with his so they're against the cold mirror behind me. The smell of alcohol leaves his lips, making my eyes pop open and then I look up at his dilated eyes. He's drunk.

I stay silent, my lips parted.

We stay there, for what seems like hours, as his jaw slowly loosens but his grip is still securely around my small wrists.

"He's dead I thi-"

"No you twat, he's unconscious, he'll wake up in a few hours." Louis interprets Niall.