78

"Harry, you can't put them in the cups yet! There are still lumps, see?" I show him the batter we've made.

"And since when did you know about baking?" he asks.

"Since no when, but it's a common fact that lumps mean unmixed flour." I laugh, taking over the whisking.

"We just mixed the flour!" he snickers and I turn to him with a bright smile on my face, laughing.

"Not well enough."

He leans on the counter and looks around. "Where's the electric mixer?" He asks and my hand comes up to my forehead. "What?"

"Harry, we've literally never had that in our home." I say, not angry but disappointed. "Hey, these are your cupcakes, you mix it." I say and he sighs and takes hold of the whisk.

I see Tee start to the climb the counters so I take her and bob her up and down. I walk out of the area and watch Harry mix, his biceps tightening. "C'mon Tee, help dad out." I sigh.

"I heard that." He shouts and I just burst out laughing as he flicks the batter off the wisk so it's all over him. "Tell mum that she knows as much as me." I smile at the fact he referred to me as a mother.

"Hey, I knew that lumps mean flour." I argue.

He stays silent for a moment. "I knew that too," he brushes off.

"Harry." I say, Tee jumps out of my hands, she must be disappointed at his shitty lies.

"baby." He stops wisking. Although my stomach turns at the name, I dont let that effect me.

"Even Tee knows you're lying."

"I'm not!" He denys it and I roll my eyes, walking back up to him. I lean my chin on his shoulder, having to go on my toes.

"You are."

"Hazel, I was basically the one who told you." He lies again, turning his face to me so I see his side profile.

He then turns around so he leans on the counter and I cross my arms and try not to smile.

I'm disappointed.

Hazel, you're disapointed.

You're not finding this funny.

Don't smile.

Don't laugh.

Harry starts to burst out laughing so my laugh chokes out of me. He leans forward, his laugh is becomes inaudible, his face is scrunched up and it makes me so happy. He then leans back and slaps his hands covered in flour to his face.

"Okay, well now we know the same." he gives in and his laugh slowly starts to fade, so does mine.

"Yeah, now." I respond.

"Is it this smooth enough for Hazel Styles' standards?" He smiles and my new last tame I'm not sure I'll ever get used to.

"I don't know, you tell me, we know the same thing." I tease and he frowns.

"Haze." he deadpans me.

"It's fine, yes, Harry." I roll my eyes and smile.

He starts to pour the contents in. "Can't you use a spoon or something?" I ask and looks at me, I think he's figuring if he should give in to my correctness or not.

He ends up nodding, rushing over to the cutlery draw, drawing out a spoon.

He spoons the content, placing it in the cups before putting it in the preheated oven.

Tee, around my ankles, licks my foot so I pick her up and back up from Harry and the oven, acting scared. "Tee, let's escape just inscase something blows up," I say.

"Fuck you," He raises his middle finger and I smile.

"Yes." I reply.

"Gladly," He response and makes his way over to me. "I will do as asked when i get home." He kisses my lips, my stomach sends butterflies throughout my body. "But first," He cuts himself off with a kiss again, as if he needs more. "I need to buy food and icing sugar."

I let Tee go and Harry hugs me, kissing my cheek. "Stay safe, Ang." I say and he kisses my lips.

"Always."

"I love you."

"I love you too, darling."

//

The next time I upload, it'll be a double update, finishing the book of Midnight Angel.