15

I watch the dark turn to light in the sky. The palettes of pinks and purples rise as the glow of the moon disappears with memories playing in my head of yesterday. I don't think it hits hard when this is what you do for a living but I can assure you it hits hard enough. I've escaped death more than once in my eighteen years but this one for some reason feels different. Maybe because it was never an assignment so that was not as expected. Either way, the incident can't leave my mind and has been stuck in there since 2 AM.

I turn around to Harry on the other side of the pillow, his face soft. He doesn't have a frown. It doesn't look like he thinks better than anyone. It reminds me of back at his apartment when he was in his trashed bathroom. It looks like him under a shield.

"Staring is rude, darling." His rasp sparks my ears making my heart beat twice. My cheeks burn to a red as his green eyes connect with mine.

"Sorry, I- I wasnt- couldnt- sleep so I-"

"Hazel." He stops me from speaking. Silent seeps between us as he watches me fall into the pillow. "I would offer you some water like any gentleman would but Cat would kill me if I bought water up here."

I almost chuckle. "Gentlemen? You?"

"Just because I tend to kill often doesn't mean I can't be a gentleman, Hazel Woods." He carries on. Not sternly, although his rasp adds some stern, but like a normal human. What he said was far from normal but the way he said it was as if he carried on the joke. It makes me a little sad that the stuff he says or does doesn't make me bat an eye anymore but something deep inside is warm by the fact he just carried on a joke.

I hide my smile in the pillows before I decide to leave the bed to get dressed. I grab my clothes sitting on the desk and realise what I'm going to be wearing. Although the dress is absolutely stunning, I don't want to be wearing it right now. Doesn't seem appropriate.

I turn around hearing Harry leave the bed and I see his tattoos like yesterday. His back muscles make my stomach clench, my cheeks glowing pink. He turns around to see his stomach. "I'll let you get dressed alone." He mumbles, his rasp still filling his voice. "Also, take my jacket Woods, I have spare clothes here." He says and I nod. He comes closer, grabbing his jacket then passing it to me. "Either way, I don't think you'd mind by how your cheeks go glow when you look at my bare torso." He whispers, his rasp more prominent. My thighs tighten together as he leaves the room with a smirk on his face.

After getting dressed, I walk downstairs to the corridor, waiting for Harry to get dressed himself. "Hey." I hear Nicola come up from behind me."I hope you enjoyed your stay."

"Thank you, I did." I smile.

"Harry's girlfriend, huh?" She takes a bite out of the cookies we made yesterday. "I know Harry. We grew up together pretty much. Harry is an absolute dick." She speaks only facts.

"I mean the only good thing he did was killing the old leader of Only Hearts." She chuckles and I am left confused. "Matías?" I stare at her blankly. "Wow. Well, I know him and you seem to be really nice. I know you're not his girlfriend." I choose not to respond, not knowing what to say. "Anyways call me, you seem fun." And she passes me a piece of paper with a number on it.

*

I sit on a stool in a club fiddling with the new phone the boys gave me. Surprisingly, we're not in the VIP section. The club is a strange layout too. The pole dancing place is in a separate room downstairs but right now, we're on the ground floor at the bar. The VIP booths and restroom are behind a corner. The environment is pretty much the same though. Horny people bumming each other.

I look up at Harry who's already looking at me which makes my heart jump. I feel my cheeks glow as he smirks before looking down at his hands by his crotch. My eyes follow his glare which makes this tight knot form in my stomach, my thighs locking together. The veins in his hands are prominent in the light as his fingers intertwine with each other. His legs are slightly spread apart too. His hands come loose as he brushes his brown hair with his fingers making me realise his piercing, emerald eyes are still locked to my body. I look down at the sea blue corset top I'm wearing, figuring I've spilt something down it but nothing's there making me look up and as soon as our eyes connect, he looks away with a smug look on his face.

"What do you want to drink?" A man asks in Spanish as he shakes a cocktail up.

"Five Chartreuses," Niall replies. He passes everyone a shot. "Three, two, one!" I down the shot, making my eyes water, my face scrunching up like paper before slamming it on the surface. "We'll have a refill on all of them."

Drink after drink, my mind becomes more muffled as my body almost drowns in alcohol. I lazily drink another shot, my tongue used to the sour taste and I catch Harry looking again. The funny thing is that I don't mind it. I look too. I hate him but I think the fact he's so different from what I'm used to attracts me. He's like a magnet and in this case, quite literally opposites attract.

Our eye contact lets loose as he stares at his phone and moments later my phone buzzes. "I thought I told you staring is rude." I read, my drunken mind making me squint.

I look up at him briefly then start typing. "You're not the one to follow your own rules then."

I look up and see him smirk at the glaring screen by his lap. "I follow them to an extent." he replies back.

"Sure Harry."

"You look extremely attractive tonight darling." He messages and I can almost hear his voice reading it back.

"You think?" I message and then I look up to catch him staring again. And he nods at me.

"Your lips Woods." He messages and I squint more than I am already was to check if I read it right. My fingers go up to my lips then I look up at him and almost immediately my phone buzzes again. "Bathroom. Now."

My cheeks red, I look up at the boys and clear my throat, my thighs tight together. "I... I'm going to the bathroom." I say timidly and the boys look at me blankly. I eye Harry and he smirks making me look away. I stand up and struggle to keep my balance, my eyes spinning before walking away.

When I arrive outside the bathroom, I feel this force on my lips push me into the VIP room next to it. Our lips connected, Harry pushes me against the wall and holds both of my hands with only one of his then, pushes them up so I'm almost dangling down. Our lips disconnect and we look at each other's eyes. His eyes try and find something in my own and his face looks almost confused. Moments later, his lips come crashing into my own makes my core ache. It almost felt like he needed it. It felt like I needed it too.

I feel his lips as they lower to my neck making me exhale and then I hear him do a muffled grunt into my hot skin. Overwhelmed, my chest rising, I try and move my hands but his hold is too firm. His pink lips gravitate back to mine again and it feels like he sucked all the air out of my body.

This is all such a blur.

Our kiss becomes sloppier and more drunken until it comes to a slow stop.

I open my eyes and see a glimpse of his confusion face but his walls shoot up again and his face looks expressionless like always. I wish I could see his vulnerable side more.

Who the fuck would've thought Hazel Woods would say I want to see him more?

Harry takes out a small piece of paper with his spare hand before putting it in my hands still in the air. He lets go of my dead arms so I can read the letter. "Sunflower field. 11:00." I look up at him then back down to the paper. I reread it over and over again in disbelief. Harry Styles invited me to something.

I open my mouth to speak but he kisses me before I could. "Your lips are addicting." He says, his rasp making goosebumps cover my body. He leaves and I let out a sigh, my chest rising as if I've never breathed before.

Fading out of my high, a wash of soberness covers me.

I'm going to be casually hanging out with Harry Styles.