58

PRESENT DAY

HARRY STYLES

2013

That night, I told Zayn a story about a princess.

I mean, I can't remember what the princess story was about but it was probably some sappy shit. I think everyone at some point wants that sappy shit. I mean it sounds perfect, a piece of royalty next to you in a great building with money.

Now, I think of Hazel.

Hazel is the princess. It's sappy, yes, but I think it's true. Shes my building, she's richer than money. She's fucking amazing.

Back them I wanted a princess like Hazel and now, I don't.

I need her.

You know, Hazel, you might be the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I hated Hazel when we first met, I hated her so much. I mean, everything she did was so perfect, so loving in a way. She pissed me off because I could tell how strong she was but she was taught to go by the book and to be quiet. It aggravated me because she was so clearly controlled by her mum that being strong wasn't in the cards for her.

I hated you because you were so fucking perfect. I hated how your smile would make me nervous. I hated the fact that I loved bumping into you.

I remember back on that cramped bus she took those shots. They were strong, I remember. I could see in her face that she wasn't allowed to. I also saw that fire in her eyes was so fucking eager to. I remember looking at her cringe from the taste. Each time she'd bite her lip to try and stop the sting in her mouth. Her lips, I craved them. It had never happened before with any girl. I needed Hazel's lips. I remember thinking that as much as I hate her, she makes me go fucking crazy.

I remember back in the room, I was having a panic attack- the storm was setting me off. She hated me probably as much ad I hated her but still then she comforted me. The boys would've said to man up or some shit but Hazel sat there with me. She didn't have to say much, it just felt good that she was there. Someone was there.

From then on, even if I did hate her, I would accidentally find things to like about her. Each fucking second I began to like her more and more until it was just her.

I fucking adored her.

I wanted to wake up to her beautiful face. I wanted to love her and kiss her and comfort her. I wanted to try.

It reminded me of when the only thing I had going for me was Zayn.

At times it felt like it was just us.

I loved Zayn because he was all I really had.

I love Hazel.

I knew I was head over heels.

"Harry?" She says, moments after I told her. She's now looking at me, not the sunset. She's burning anxiety into me.

The fact she hasn't said it back yet is making fucking anxious.

I think I messed up. I doubt she feels the same. Harry, you're a fucking psycho. She can't love a sociopath.

"Yes?" I say, realising I never answered. I look into her oak eyes and my stomach does that weird thing.

"I thought you didn't believe in love." She says. She's right, I didn't. I love Zayn but he's loveable. He was my brother so it was easy. Love, relationship love, I thought was impossible.

Funny, now I have a wife that I've fallen hard for.

"That's the only thing I've ever been wrong about." I smile, trying to mask my worry.