51

HAZEL WOODS

PRESENT DAY

I'm fucking engaged.

For a month now.

Well, around that.

Today is July tenth, and although that means nothing, my birthday is not on the tenth, it's on the seventeenth of last month.

Since the incident with Gemma, Harry's been overly stressed. I feel helpless and all I can seem to do is send him care and love.

I think I might love Harry.

I only want to love him more.

He's my happy.

I lay on his lap and he blows smoke off of the balcony. "Harry what's wrong?" I ask, knowing he only smokes when stressed.

He looks down and puts his spare hand in my hair.

"Run away with me."

I stomach falls to my knees. "What?"

"You heard."

"Harry we have a task"

"Fuck the task, Gemma is happy. Thats all I could need from her."

To be honest, I really want to make a runner. I hate the organsations. I hate not having exciting holidays that are for pure enjoyment. I want a normal life. I wish I went to a normal school, with friends. I wish I met Harry at a coffee shop not in some psychopathic mafia organisation. I wish I met the Harry that I'm getting married too first.

But we can't.

Mum will find me, his will proabbly find him, we are still on a task until god knows when. We can't. There will be consequences always.

"What about the boys?" I ask, making mere excuses.

He blows smoke then looks at me as if he's in awe. I seem to be the thing that calms him. "I'm sure we'll keep in contact."

"Harry we have a life here." I say making not very valid points. I'm just in shock really.

"What life?" He chuckles. "Each time I kill someone I'm now filled with guilt, and every time you're alone I'm worried you'll be gone or dead when I get back." He takes another puff out of the ciggeate and throws it off the balcony.

"Our life is ending others and I can't fucking do it anymore." He raises his voice and reaches down to peck me.

It's true and I understand why he doesn't want to do it anymore, neither do I. But we were bought into this. There's not way out.

"We can't just leave." I whisper kissing his butterfly tattoo that is right beside me.

"We can because we failed. It's game over. I had to keep you safe and I failed. We had to get back Gemma and we failed. We failed."

He's not wrong too. I don't really have much dilemmas left to hand out. "What about the paps Harry?"

"They can't do shit if they dont know where I am."

True again.

I'm a bit speechless.

"Zayn. I remember little Zayn said he wanted to grow up and move away with a pretty princess." I nod slowly, not really connecting the dots. "When he, y'know, I said that I'm going to be free for him." He kisses me. "I was told you were the key to freedom. But I l-" He cuts himself off, seemigly overwhelmed. "I don't want to be free without you."

I'm completely hooked.

I shouldn't be but I am. I have nothing left to do, my mum is a big lie, so's my dad. This work is bullshit and depressing, I've got all I need.

"Well, when are we going?"

"I suppose we're going home."