77

"Angel?" I call out for Harry and walk towards the living room. He's slouched in the seat of the sofa with Tee; he's holding her front paws up, dancing to the music on the television.

"It is 10:10, 19th August in Italy. Next on Radio Station Three, we think it's time for the biggest band on the planet. The boys are on tour right now, and they're opening with their brand new single for their third album, have a listen!"

I frown at the song playing, I recognise it. I take moment to think then it clicks.

It's a small memory, it's faint too, but it's the same song that played in the car when all the boys were still foreign to me. It was a black car, I'm sure. And the song I remember being from a band that was created on some shitty talent show.

I'm sure it's that song.

As soon as I'm in Harry's sight, he smiles and looks up. I take an item from behind my back and smile. "Can I rip up this book?" I ask and he nods so I skip away.

I feel a soft fuzz come between my ankles and I look down to the patterned kitten by my feet. "Are you bored of dad now?" I ask her, her response was a lick of the foot.

I stride into the conservatory, Tee runs onto my top that I took off earlier. I smile at her wrapped up in top before I sit down, crossing my legs in front of the easel . I look over to the side and smile at Harry's wedding gift, a piano.

I stretch my arms before stretching my neck, trying to get into the perfect mindset. I haven't held a paintbrush since a child, I don't expect much from the painting at all.

I turn my head to the pot of paintbrushes and choose a bigger one to create the basic colours on the canvas. Then, I mix up a shade of green that matches closest to the tall grass outside.

Taking the bigger brush, I dampen it before dipping it not the light green I've made. I swipe the brush against the white until it looks like a basic shape of the garden. I do this with the stepping stone path to the pool and with the tree in the far corner.

Tee climbs in my lap but I pick her up to make a cup of tea. I move my way over to the kitchen and boil the kettle, getting out the teabags too.

Once the click of the kettle simmers the noise, I pour the water into two cups. Then I walk over to the fridge to get the milk so I can give a little time for the tea to brew. Once I make it back over to the two cups, I pour dashes of milk to both of them. Both me and Harry like them strong.

I hold Tee in one hand and the cup in the other and walk over back to Harry, he smiles at the sight of me, which always gives a warm feel to my heart. I pass him the tea and although I know he doesn't really like tea, he says he likes when I make them.

He look down at my bare torso and a light blush sprinkles on his cheeks. "Thank you, my love." He smiles, trying to keep his eyes on mine. I lift his chin and smile into a kiss, he stands up with the tea.

He follows me to the kitchen, I take my tea and then he walks over to the piano in the corner of the conservatory.

He places the cup on top and then sits down at the piano. I smile as he starts playing. "We've been doing all this late night talking," He begins and I smile brighter, looking back at my painting.

It looks dry now, so I go in with a finer brush, drawing on the tall grass of various shades of green. For my first time in over a decade, I don't think I'm doing to bad.

"Now you're in my life, I... I..." He stops singing and playing the panio, I suppose he's writing down the lyrics.

"I can't get you off my mind?" I wonder for the next lyric and I hear the chair move, I feel his eyes on me. I've finished my grass so I come up to the piano, sitting beside him. "Play it," He nods and plays the chords. "Now you're in my life, I can't get you off my mind." I sing, probably out of tune but he nods, writing it down.

"Can you help me with the first verse, love?" He asks and I nod, Tee climbing on the surface of the black piano.

"Things haven't been quite the same, but I promise you we'll never change?" He questions. "I don't know, Haze, it seems shit." He leans his elbows on the keys making tee jump.

I kiss Harry's shoulder and he looks at me. "Play it again." He plays the keys again. "Things haven been quite the same. There's a...," I mumble where a word should be "On the horizon, baby?"

"Haze. Haze!" He says, referring to the lyric I didn't sing. "You could be on the horizon," he smiles, kissing my temple before writing his idea down.

"Things haven't been quite the same, there's a Haze on the horizon, baby," he smiles and it catches onto my face.

"I really like it," I smile and get of the chair, moving back down to the dried paint.

I then add dashes of purple for lavender and yellows and whites. Then I take the book and flicker though it to find words that mean things to me.

"Harry."

"Home."

"Angel."

I frown at a sentence, it clicks something in my brain, it makes me look at Harry. "He holds a lolly in his mouth, his lips dyed blue- at the time, all she could think about is how he seemed strong, but deep down she knew that wasn't true."

I smile about the way we've grown in our own way and cut out the sentence.

Once the paint was dry I begin to stick the paper onto the painting. Then, I add details to the sky such as clouds and birds. I cover the sky in details because in the sky there are faint clouds all over, you can almost not see it.

"that's looking good," Harry appears out of nowhere, I didn't even realise the piano stopped playing. I let a breathy laugh as he made me jump. He leans in, squinting to get a better look and his eyes and crystal clear, they're perfect. "You did that?" he asks, turning his head to face me.

I just nod and he looks all over my face, my lips, eyes and nose. "You like it?" I ask him and he smiles.

"It looks genuinely great. You've painted before?" He asks.

I hold the tip of his finger, pulling him down to sit with me. I then move my hands around his bicept, kissing it. "I used to when I was younger because mum thought it'd 'help with my intelligence.'" I quote her and he frowns for a moment.

"Is it dry-"

"No!" I panic a bit as he puts his thumb on the sky. It leaves an imprint of his thumb.

"Shit- Sorry.. I didn't-"

"Don't worry," I smile, lightening the situation. It's like the pages, it reminds me of things in my life, of home. I put my thumb where his is, like a heart and smile, leaning on his shoulder. "It reminds me of you anyways," I say and he motions for me to carry on. "Well, the colours remind me of you because you have so much colour to you, Angel. You have so many aspects of you and I love them. It reminds me of you because it's also part of home."

I smile as he kisses my temple, and hugs his arm around my shoulders.

"Everything reminds me of you," he says against my face. "Since the day we fucking met."