61

I don't even realise we've parked until the breeze stops.

We're outside a Costa that sits on the corner of a street. I check my pockets for money, I know Haze doesn't have any because I practically dragged her out the door.

I have a 50 euros note in one of my pockets, I can't remember putting it there but I must've.

I jump off and wait for Haze to jump off too. She takes my hand with a warm smile and we walk into the Costa Coffee.

The strong aroma of coffee and baked goods fill my nose, the bell ringing. The line is pretty empty, there's only one person in front of us. We line up and I look at the menu but the screen keeps fucking changing.

"What would you like today, Sir?" The lady at the till asks. I look up at the menu again and panic.

"Um... Fudge Frappe."

"Please." Hazel smiles at the lady.

"Please." I repeat and the girl smiles.

"That'll be-" I pass her the note and she nods. "Your chan-"

"Keep the change." I say and she turns to make the coffee

"What's a Fudge Frappe?" Hazel whispers to me and I shurg.

"I dont know, I panicked." She leans on my shoulder in response as we wait for our drinks. I can tell my dimples appear in my smile as she holds my arm and I feel at peace.

If I could say 'I love you' to Hazel forever, I would, but the truth is I dont know how frequently I'm meant to fucking say it. I could say it too little and it's as if I don't mean it or I could say it too often so it's like I'm lying. I have no fucking clue.

The girl at the till smiles and passes our drinks and I thank her. I don't really thank people so this is new.

We leave the shop and the sun blinds me. This road is quite empty but I hear chatters in the distance. I take a sip of the drink and this chocolaty taste bothers my taste buds. It's refreshing.

"Y'know, we should probably tell the boys not to bring their phones for the wedding. They might track them." Hazel brings up a good point. They would track their phones and get to us. We always have to keep our calls with the boys under two minutes so we dont get hacked which is fucking annoying.

"Yeah, we'll tell them when the wedding is just around the corner, darling." I say and she hops back on the bike.

Something about Hazel driving a bike is so attractive.

I stand beside the bike, knowing we're not going anywhere before we've drunk our drinks and we don't even say much. We just admire each other.

"Do you reckon your mum is going to find you?" She asks, sipping the drink.

"It's up to us to stop that so no, I don't think so." I say and she nods.

"Do you think she's searching now?"

"Probably not, she was high out of her mind," I say in all honestly. "Plus, we're adults, it's nothing to do with them." I say.

"But it's everything to do with them. We're running away to be adults but as soon as they have anything to do with us, we're going to be kids again." She says and I look down and nod.

Once we finish our drinks, I hop back on the bike and we follow the road back home.

I hop off the bike and the man is already there to take the keys. I pass them to him and Hazel and I thank him before we head straight to the garden.

"Harry, look." Hazel says crouching down. Her voice is all high pitch, she calls my name again.

I walk over to her and there's a small, white kitten with dark grey and orange spots on it.