79

1/2.

//

I wave him goodbye when he leaves, shutting the door being him.

I know it may be stupid, but I smile widely and the door. I love Harry so much. Every day I love him more and more. By the way he talks, jokes, gets frustrated, cooks, cleans, plays with Tee. The way he sleeps, plays with his rings whilst nervous, he always picks his nail varnish.

I remember the peony he had on his inner arm.

I'm going to go do that now, I think.

I put on a pair of shoes and a tote bag and leave the door, saying goodbye to Tee too.

I know there's a parlour down the road I can go to.

I make my way down the street and this guy gives me a smile. I smile back, it's nice to see everyone's okay. After the shooting, everyone is starting to return to normal, there's no sign of the killer.

I walk into the parlour and there's a lady with a few simple tattoos behind the bar. "Hello, what are you coming in for?" She asks.

"I'm wondering if you can free hand a tattoo for me?" I say and she checks a sheet of paper and turns to me and nods.

"Come this way." She smiles, leading to me to a separate room. I turn around and the same guy who smiled at me is having icecream with a girl who looks funnily similar to me.

He looks at me for only a moment then looks back at his smiling partner. It's weird how life works. Like, it's weird how I could see any of these people again. It's weird how they're here at the same time as me too.

I turn back around and we enter another room. The tattoo gun looks menacing.

"What would you like done today?"

"A peony flower. A small peony flower."

*

I get out the bath with a towel wrapped asorund me. I would've taken a shower but I knew I shouldn't after a tattoo.

One thing about living with Harry is that the washing products smell like him. It makes me extremely happy.

I get a call, it's Harry. I smile and answer the phone.

"You okay?" Harry says and I frown.

"I'm okay? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing, I just wanted to tell you that I'm gong to a different shop to get sugar, darling. I might be a while."

I smile and nod. "It's okay, Angel."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"I love you, my love."

"I love you too Angel."

The call goes silent and I take the phone away from my ear. I pick up Tee and walk to my walk in closet, taking out Harry's flannel. I slide it on and do up a few buttons.

Tee hops out from my room, I'm assuming she's going downstairs.

I go over to Harry's side of the bed for his perfume but I get side tracked by the picture of us.

It's a selfie of us. I can't remember the day off the top of my head but Harry loves to remind me. He recalls me being the most angelic thing. He was head over heels, he'd say. It's a selfie of Harry and I on a beach. I have a peony in my hair, I recall him putting it in. He's kissing my cheek and I remember him whispering to me then:

"I don't think words could describe us, Hazel."

I whispered back. "Selcouth, Harry. Selcouth."

My train of though gets cut out with a large crash, my heart jumps out of my chest. "Tee!" I shout. I should've probably cleaned up the metal bowl from the kitchen.

I take the perfume and spray some on me, the scent makes me smile.

I skip down stairs and see Tee on the way down.

There's dirt on the floor again.

I huff, it's been happening since Tee. I can't and won't blame her but having to clean up bits of dirt is annoying after a while.

I go over to the stairs again, dragging my feet.

The door under the stairs is open.

The broom isn't there.

Why is it open?

My stomach drops to my feet and I hear footsteps.

Why?

Not now.

Not again.

I turn around and everything is black.