21

TW. MENTION OF SELF HARM.

HARRY POV

The sun hits the abstract painting on the plain cream wall and I lay there wide awake. Hazel's hand lays on my chest and her leg is against mine, and I think it's making me go insane. I've been awake for around an hour now and the memory of our hands from yesterday feels like a dream I've had. The dreams that feel so real but just aren't.

Sweat lines my forehead and I pick at my nails, chipping off the paint. "Fuck, Harry." I say to myself. I wipe my clammy hands on my jeans and my hands almost lag mid-air as I'm unsure what to do with them. "Shit." I murmur to myself.

All I can do is reach for my pockets.

I reach for my pocket knife and as it comes put, something else does too. It's a white rectangle and when I turn it around it's the polaroid. Of me. But Hazel took it. I kept it. I move my eyes to Hazel's closed ones and then to her open hand on my chest. I put the polaroid in the palm of her hand and get up, my heart pounding.

I walk around and pause, unable to move, my chest rising rapidly. "For fucks sake Harry." I fiddle with my rings and my damp hair falls on my face. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I grip the blade so my fingers go pale and throw it against the wall.

"What was that?" Hazel shoots up from the covers. I turn my head around, wiping my forehead and clenching my jaw. "Harry, are you okay?" She frowns. Her eyes are tired but concerned. She looks into my eyes with the most softest face. And my heart slows down. My throat isn't tight. And I feel okay.

You made everything better, Hazel.

"Yes?" I say confused.

Both of our heads turn as the door bursts open. "Yes. These are the love birds that were on the roof yesterday." The cleaner points at us. I smirk at the word love bird and the security next to her looks at me. Hazel shoots out of bed and I grab her jeans and my clothes and she grabs her shoes then, we run out the door, barging past them.

Hazel and I started shooting down the stairs and my phone rings. I take it out and hold it against my ear, not slowing down my pace. "Where the fuck are you?" Niall shouts down the phone.

"Give me the phone you knobhead." I hear Louis. The phone makes static sounds and then I hear Louis speak. "We're outside your hotel. We had to leave the club early yesterday, we've been sleeping here all night."

"On our way down." I say and end the call there.

I hear security shouting, following us down and Hazel is a few steps in front as she left the room first. I see her head turn to the side and she has a bright smile on her face and my stomach ties a knot.

We leave the building and I run towards the car as Hazel hops in and once I sit down, we speed down the empty road ahead.

*

The world is spinning and my body is light and my nose stings from another line. I like being high when I'm about to ink myself. It gives a new sensation. 

The needle punctures the skin on the inside of my elbow. I feel my eyebrows naturally furrow out of pure concentration. I see the world spinning around me but the ink on my skin is not. I draw the first petal and pause as I hear the door open. 

I turn around and my stomach pinches as I see Hazel.

Every time, Haze.

She quickly flashes a smile and walks up to me. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"Tattooing myself."

"Do any of them mean anything?"

"Nope." I say. A lie but she doesn't know that. A lot of them mean nothing but memories. But a few have more meaning than others. I've got a very strong feeling the one I'm doing now is about this girl who somehow aggravates me but makes me feel lots. She's got the key to freedom so she has to stay. So does the tattoo.

She takes a glance at the few petals of the flower and smiles and my nose flares as I smirk. Not the cover up smirk, just a timid one. "Sorry." She smiles and walks out of the room. I watch the door for a moment, and it's spinning. I also sort of hope she'd walk back in but that's me being an idiot. 

I look at my arm and peek at the door again and look back down. The needle penetrates my skin again until the peony is complete.

All of them for you.

I look at it for a moment and I feel light-headed so my eyes close.

"Put the gun down, Rachel."

It was already too late. He was already on the floor.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and open my eyes again. "No." I sway from side to side so I have to pinch my eyes shut again.

"Butterf-"

"Fuck yo-"

"Why the fuck did I choose you?"

"No."

"I hope someone slices your neck open one day, Harry. Before I do it by my fucking self." 

"His organisation is trying to kill us, Harry. Come wi-"

"You're not wanted here any-"

"Stop!" My eyes shoot open and I look down at blood dripping from my fingertips. "For fucks sake." I grit my teeth together and look at my other hand and its clenches, my knuckles like paper. My hands sweating, everything is cold but my right hand is soaked. I open my hand, and a blade falls out, with blood dripping from it. "What's wrong with you, Harry?" 

I feel like I have goosebumps. I'm freezing but sweating buckets. My hair is wet, I'm dripping with blood and on the floor, my blood shows my reflection.

"Who fuck are you?" 

"Who the fu-"

My head swings to the door and I see Louis. He looks down at the small pool of blood and paces up to me. "Harry, what the fuck man? You're freezing." He holds my face to grab my attention, but my eyes are scattered and are looking anywhere but him. "Harry." 

"No, no. I don't... Where... The... Fuck!" 

"Harry!" He slaps my face and I pause. He lifts my right hand and sees the cut from the blade. "Hold on let me get the kit out. Sit down." He pushes me down and all I can feel is the shiver in my skin.

He comes back in and starts cleaning my hand and I don't feel it. I'm too high, I think. "What happened?" I open my mouth but I'm tongue-tied.  "Is it Hazel again?" My eyes look at him and he pauses and looks up before signing. "Fucks sake, man."

He starts wrapping my cut arm. "Harry, please listen. You're crazy. You have thick fucking skin. I've never seen you do this shit over a person, H. You must care about her so fucking much to go through this shit each day."

"I don't car-"

"Fuck off. I know you know you do. Harry, you pent up all this raw emotion, I feel. So much fucking emotion since you were small. And now you have someone to take it out on. Harry, you're so much better around her. She lights up the darkness in your heart. And I know that's sappy and shit bu-."

"No-"

"I'm not finished." He pauses then exhales. "My point is, I'm not good at this stuff. You care about her. Fuck, I don't believe in this love shit but I could say you love her too."

"You know love's no-"

"Acceptance, Harry. Let emotions be emotions for a bit, yeah?"