09

"Get up." I hear this familiar voice echo through my head.

Harry.

I must be dreaming. Right?

Before I get to pinch myself, I'm torn out of the warm sheets of my bed and into consciousness.

My eyes snap open as my feet touch the cold, hard ground and, all I can see is Harry. My eyesight's blurred and I'm longing to wipe them but I have no time to.

"Harry?" The words flow out of me without thinking. He takes my wrist, leaving one arm to be free.

What's actually happening? My brain is still very much asleep. I feel the pit raging in my stomach telling me we'll have to flee like last time, but I am sure I would've heard gunshots if we had to do so.

"Let's go." Harry drags me out of the room, as my unsteady feet drag behind me. I have a moment to wipe my eyes so everything is visible and a lot more clear but my head is still exhausted.

As we leave the front door, I see the clock reading 2 AM meaning I got only four hours of sleep. "Harry? What's going o-"

"You're coming with me."

Everything around me looks fake as if this is just an illusion, but whenever I reach out to touch something, it feels very much real. Too real. "Where, Harry?" I ask, confused.

"Out."

"But where?" I say a little louder, trying not to disturb anyone. Thanks to Harry, I'm starting to wake up and I feel lighter on my feet.

"To see my best mate for a little." He answers, giving me the bare minimum. He reaches into his back pocket and throws a blue sucker in his mouth.

In confusion, he takes me to the lift. "What?" I ask. I'm not even dressed to be going anywhere but that's the least of my problems. "Why am I coming?"

As we walk outside, the cool air of San Francisco blows through my hair as we walk over to a roofless car, similar to the one we had back in New Orleans. "Like decoration. Arm candy, to impress everyone."

Harry unlocks the car. Arm candy? The only reason why I got woken up at two in the morning was that he wanted me to be arm candy? But then, what do I expect from him? This is something he would do because he doesn't give people a choice.

It's his way or you lose your life.

"What? No, I'm not going to be your arm candy, Harry. No way!" I try to yank myself from his hold but he's holding too securely. I look at him in disgust and right now I'd much rather be in my warm sheets, laying there as the sun catches my bed.

He ignores me, and grabs my arm once again, placing me in the car, like a mother would, placing the child in a highchair. "I'm not giving you an option, Hazel Woods. Saying no will just make both of our lives a lot harder."

I frown at him as he fiddles with the blue sweet in his mouth, making me feel a subtle flutter in my stomach. The flutter was small and delicate, but I could feel it ever so slightly. I don't know why my body reacted that way.

He started zooming off, his red flannel blowing in the cool breeze. "How is me being your arm candy going to make your life any easier?" I ask, not buying any of it.

He reaches for the back of our car, as he still pushes his foot down, going way past the limit. "Wear this." He says in his raspy voice, not making any eye contact with me. He throws material down on my lap.

I look down and see this vibrant red, silky material. It's a two-piece, the top is low and short and the pencil skirt is high waisted and looks like it'll go down to my mid-thigh. And all I can think about is the fact that I can't wear it. I can't bear the fact that I'm meant to wear that in front of loads of high and drunken men. "I'm not wearing this Harry. No." I decline, clearly getting my message across. My eyes still feel a little heavy and I feel unbothered to do anything- especially for Harry.