Always ( Epilogue)part119

Part 119

Soon Skipper's thoughts are quickly interrupted feeling how heavily her lover was breathing. Both girls stand embracing one another. She was surprised to see Alix standing on her sore legs a little holding her tight. Skip reciprocates placing her arms around Alix's neck. Alix could feel how warm Skipper was holding her close, she could hear her girlfriend panting while the scent of fresh grass fills her nostrils. The incident made Alix think that her precarious decision was worth it. 

 I  almost lost my life for the hundredth time for someone I barely know but for some reason, I felt the need to protect her. It's kinda like instinct I guess. Alix thinks to herself.

They quickly try to keep their balance feeling the ground rumble all around them.

The monster springs into action scurrying about the field aimlessly. Moving like an arachnid the monster's fingers move quickly across the dirt. Black blood at the base of the arm consumes the monster as it moves.

Like a bulldozer the beast charges both girls head on mowing down everything in its path. Alix throws herself to the right tumbling to the grass, Skip tosses herself to the left clearing a path for the beast raging toward them.

Enraged the monster darts at the teens seething with anger, Alix and Skip huddle close to one another while ducking down, they were trying to protect themselves the best they could. Limbs that look like thick black worms hang out the bottom of the beast as it charges them. The creature swings its tentacle sweeping them left and right whirling around in the clearing. Sensing very little energy from the girls the beast heads in their direction once again. Gaining speed the monster slithers aiming for the teens nearly mowing them over, it passes by them missing its targets by a centimeter. It returns as quickly as it left.

"Lookout." Alix closes her eyes. Eager to crush its opponents the beast stabs its fingers into the dirt.

Thunk!

Plunging its fingers deep into the ground the beast causes the entire area to quake with tremendous force. Both girls' hands slap flat against the dirt trying to keep their balance. Alix does her best to stay still feeling the ground rumble, she tenses up to force her body to stay still afraid she might alert it. With all its might the hand pulls its finger free.

Alix slowly opens one eye. She could see the monster running away then heading for them once again at full speed. Coming faster and faster the unknown entity was a black blur. Alix tries to move, Skip yanks her close by the hand.

"No love it's much too fast," Skip warns.

Alix takes a step away from her girlfriend, she feels Skipper pulling on her tank top sleeve as a second warning.  Alix looks back at her comrade, she could see Icy blue eyes giving her a defiant glare.

"Alix NO," Skip demands. 

Dashing toward the teens like a bull seeing red the monster returns kicking up gravel and dust. The demonic hand rises up to rake them with the sharp tips of its fingers, Alix and Skip sit perfectly aligned with the creatures razor sharp fingers unable to move. Alix holds her breath while closing her eyes, Skipper quickly shuts her eyes. The monster was moving too fast for them to make an attempt to escape.

Boom! 

 A thunderous boom filled both teens' ears. Alix's eyes pop open along with Skipper's, the girls felt a miniature earthquake rock their bodies.  Alix clings to her girlfriend tighter than before as they flop to the grass. The force was so close that they felt their slender frames shake uncontrollably, they freeze for a moment feeling something vibrate right beside them.