Cruel Intentions pt 2 Part 17

Hearing the bell ring Alix gets up from her seat yawning then heads out of class. She still felt lousy.  Alix couldn't decide was it because of the bluenette she adored? Or was it the test she probably failed?  Alix felt worst now just thinking about both problems, Skip hating her or being sent away for her poor grades.

 Skip doesn't want to be around me anymore because I kissed her. Alix places her fingers to her lips thinking of the kiss she and her tutor shared.

Alix drags one foot in front of the other moping while pushing open the double doors of the academy. She heads across the quad, now at the school entrance, her eyes widen with shock seeing Asher. 

 "Oh man, what the hell happened to you? your face, who did this to you? Let me at the bitches." Alix shouts. 

 The redhead had a  split lip and a black eye. Asher just sits quietly while Alix continues to rant raising her fist.

 "Let's go get whoever did this," Alix says.

 "It's  the  kids at school, I hate that  place,  besides  we can't retaliate remember no fighting you're trying to be a goody-two-shoes, right." Asher sighs feeling hopeless she then peers at Alix who stood before her out front of Evercrest Academy.

 "True," Alix replies eyeing two benches to avoid looking at Asher who had gotten beat up. She sits down next to Asher on a bench. 

 "You were in a rush to see your tutor last time. That's why you didn't tell me where you were going."

 Asher says.  Alix looks at her friend still ignoring her bruises then letting her eyes wander.

 "What I just didn't want to get into trouble," Alix replies.

  "You two are doing more than just tutoring," Asher says suspiciously. 

Alix shakes her head. 

"You're wrong,  there's  nothing  'going on', she dislikes me and we're complete opposites, we do nothing but study,  it  sucks." 

Asher stares at the pinkette, she notices how red Alix's cheeks were. 

"Why is your face turning red?" Asher asks. 

 "What?" Alix covers her face trying to hide the blush showing on her cheeks.

 "Well, it's summer you know I get hot easily." Alix sits silently waiting to hear a riposte reply from her redheaded friend.

 "Oh," Asher replies while she takes a drag of her cigarette.

She bought the cheap excuse. Phew.  The pinkette felt relieved. Alix felt at ease now. 

 " I can't fight back and those bastards know it. One wrong move and I'm done for." Asher grumbles.

 "Sorry to hear that, I studied so much for the exam I don't think I'm......" Alix says. The teen sits hesitantly to say another word. Alix peers at the grass with her lips frozen and her mind plagued with consequences. She opens her mouth but not a single word could escape her lips. She wanted to tell Asher that she might be sent away to boot-camp or boarding school but couldn't bring herself to say it.

She was going to miss Asher, her family, and most of all Skip.

At Evercrest Academy

An STC meeting takes place. ( Student Tutor Committee)

Greenmore sits at the conference table with her posture proper as always. Something was different, her mind was occupied, she began to fidget with her hands which was something shes never done in the past. Her concentration was zapped away every time she tried to focus. She taps her paper with a pen trying to be attentive. Belladonna displays textbooks and tutor packets to the group.

 "These are new lessons, here," She points. 

 "There is a math section and a science section." She consults with other student tutors.

 Skip peers to her right seeing Belladonna's lips move without sound. She sighs. Her mind was elsewhere.

 'Skip I want a kiss...' Alix's voice fills her ears. Where should you kiss me, how about my other set of lips. she couldn't believe she pictured herself saying such a thing. 

"Greenmore, Greenmore..."

"Y-yes." The blue-haired teen replies.

 Belladonna glares at Skip.

Everyone stares at Skip with their eyes like daggers.

"Greenmore, be sure to retrieve a packet for the summer lessons." Belladonna Demands.

"Of course." The bluenette says. Skip's face was now beet red. Nobody has ever seen Greenmore like this, daydreaming during a meeting. Never. Everyone leaves with their packets.

Belladonna heads out with the rest of the tutors.

Skip flips through her assignments, she double checks her packet. She remembers what happened last summer when she had forgotten her student roster sheet, she was so confused and could not keep track of her students. Her icy blue eyes scan pages as she flips through papers. Skip notices her roster page is missing. She sighs.

 How ironic, Last summer was about to happen all over again, Skip thought.

 She goes into Belladonna's office to retrieve a copy of the summer school schedule. Her pale hand shifts a few sheets of paper on Belladonna's desk placing them to the side. A bright red mark catches her eye as she moves a few more papers, Skip then notices a letter grade on a test paper,  She peers at the heading of the exam.

 "Alix." She whispers. It was her student's exam graded with an A.

Her icy blue eyes observe the pinkette's test paper. She gasps in realization, Belladonna had sabotaged Alix's exam by switching it with a test she intentionally filled in with incorrect answers.

The bluenette's chest aches from the mere thought that Belladonna would stoop so low to undermine her student.

Skip looks at the Roman numeral clock, it was noon around the time mail would be delivered. If she could somehow inform Alix's guardians that the test their daughter would be judged by was invalid, Alix would still have a fighting chance to continue attending Evercrest Academy.

Skip feels her pulse quicken as she strides down the hall in a rush. Doing her best to keep her composure while her mind was in a tizzy. 

 I must make haste. Skip thought.

Making her way down the crowded academy hall she was sure she would not make it in time.