Strongest Flame pt4 part 30

Strongest flame part 30

In an instant, Oben was swept away as a raging wave of fire just missed him. Oben peers up.  

"Rudden." 

Rudden held him securely under his armpits, His comrade flies him out of the monster's sight to a nearby marsh. Oben soon felt grass below his feet, Rudden had got him to the marsh area safely. 

Oben sits on the ground gathering what power he had left. The alien makes a fist, he watches as his hand is engulfed by a small flame.

  "We have to go back and save Nuvva," Oben shouts frantically.  

"I know, a good thing I was nearby training, I could sense the beast's strong aura energy," Rudden says calmly. Oben wipes sweat and blood away from his scaly skin.

"Speaking of strong power, I'm feeling kind of sluggish," Oben hustles over to his comrade ready to go.

I shouldn't have tried to do such a powerful attack, I didn't think my flaming meteor attack would drain me of so much energy.

"Lets move," Oben says only thinking of  Nuvva. 

 They both fly back to Aster lake where their fiend awaits. Rudden holds Oben by both wrists flying him back to where the treacherous beast resides.

There, they could see the creature thrusting its tail wiping away trees, it heads in Nuvva's direction. She girts her teeth in pain, will no one save me?

Nuuva closes her eyes bearing more pain, she then opens them horrified, she and the creature were eye to eye. She was face to face with death, Its mouth opens wide as vicious flames come bursting from between the monster's jaws. Rudden appears.

 "Inferno guster." He blasts a gigantic flame from his mouth burning the creature's face, it retires. 

 With his claws raised Rudden lunges a hand forward digging his claws deep into the creature's eye socket. Rudden applies pressure allowing his claws to seep deep into the beast's face. His fingers wrap around the monster's eyeball then with all his might Rudden yanks at the monster's eye. He draws back his hand grasping the creature's eye. The beast shrills rearing its head back, the burly warrior jumps back to the ground with ease as the gargantuan monstrosity wriggles in pain.

The creature dives back into the lake.

Rudden rushes to Nuvva who was still suffering stuck under a tree. 

Nuuva peers up, My prayers have been answered.

  There Rudden stood before her with his muscular physique blocking out the full moon's light. His strong hands grip the tree as he hoists it above his head, then with gusto, he hurls it to the opposite side of the injured demoness freeing Nuvva. Even though she was suffering she managed to smile gazing into his golden eyes. 

Nuuva's pain seems to subside looking into Rudden's golden orbs, she knew her nightmare had come to an end.

Oben strides to the scene slowing his pace when he saw Nuvva and Rudden hugged-up, his heartbreaks. Oben felt inferior because he was too weak to actually fight when they did return to face the monster.

They turn around to see Oben standing behind them feeling defeated. "Its okay bud. you tried, she needs a strong fighter like me, I'm a rank one warrior now." He places his hand on his friend's shoulder, Oben shoves his hand away. 

Oben was surprised and speechless.

 "What did you think I was doing while you were away for some time, I spent a lot of time in the training realm," Rudden says. 

Oben thought he was getting the upper hand with training in secret but his comrade was doing the same.

Nuvva faces Oben, " I'm sorry you are not worthy of my love,  thought your flame was strong but I was wrong."

Oben glares at Rudden, their friendship was over at this point, he had stolenNuvva's heart with his elemental strength.

Rudden peers at Oben one last time before the couple disappears beyond the trees of the forest leaving Oben behind.

" How could Rudden that ass," Oben mumbles. 

He hauls off and punches a tree leaving a deep indentation in the bark. A voice is heard from the shadows of the forest. 

"You were much too hasty and underestimated your opponent," Obu hisses.

    "Get lost Obu," Oben replies.

  "A sore loser perhaps," Obu says sternly.

 Oben walks away thinking of the incident repeatedly in his mind while regretting his actions, I should have been more focused instead of trying to show off.

" I vow to be the strongest flame bearer," He clutches his fist staring into the night sky.

Oben now buried the memory and smirked at the two girls across the courtyard. I will not be a fool this time, he stands ready to display his strongest attack yet.  

What could Oben be planning? Alix wanted to ask but Skip seemed tired of her questions who was immersed in thought while sensing Obu. 

Was Obu worst than he appeared to be?   Obu appeared lanky and old, could he really be a threat? Would they be able to handle  Oben now that his brother had healed him? Alix had many questions running through her mind as usual even though she was a hothead at heart.