Calm after the storm Part 7

Thank goodness Greenmore's residence was not too far the rain had gotten heavier.

"Welcome to my humble abode," Greenmore says. Alix was fascinated by Greenmore's estate, it was more lavish than her mansion. There was a hedge maze of rosebushes and a tennis court.  So much for humble. Alix thought. The large foyer had two winding staircases that met at the bottom. They seemed to ascend into the heavens. An elegant chandelier hung from the ceiling of the commodious mansion. The room was decorated with Roman statues and expensive paintings created by historical artists. Roman pillars aligned the entryway into the foyer with gold adornments that graced the walls and floors. The furniture was white with a  sleek style that sat on white marble floors, her place was exquisite even though a bit bland but not gaudy, definitely the home of an aristocrat.

Geez, Alix thought as she glanced in another room, she even has a theater room to screen films.

Greenmore leads Alix to her master bedroom which was suited for a king.

Alix was about to complain when her legs felt weary after taking several steps but before she could whine Greenmore pushes open large cherry oak doors to her room, which was elaborate. The enormous bedroom had a few throne chairs with ottomans, a  balcony outside, her own bathroom and a  fireplace decorated with luxury vases. It  appeared that she had a small library in her room,  it reminded Alix of a palace throne room. Red velvet carpet led to the bluenette's large bed, everything was adorned with gold and crystals.

Alix gasped in awe with how beautifully styled her master bedroom was. The canopy bed was a custom size bed as big as two California king beds combined. The bed was fit for royalty. Alix plopped on the bed happily.

Greenmore takes off her tie and sinks down into her ottoman chair.

Alix glances around her tutor's lavish bedroom, "Where are your parents? She asked.    "They are overseas." The blue-haired girl replied.

It continued to pour outside.

Alix thought to herself everything was extravagant and massive at Greenmore's place.

"Thank you for saving my life yesterday." 

Alix leans up from a sea of pillows on Greenmore's bed shocked to hear the bluenette's voice calm without the harshness. There was a slight sweetness to her voice.

Alix grins, "No problem, you would have done the same for me."

" I don't quite understand the situation at the moment, that is why I was at the park to begin with, I was in search of clues. I had a dream that, that creature of gargantuan stature was attacking me at the park. " 

"You too, we had the same dream then." Alix felt relieved that they were both in this mess together.

"Now what to do?"Greenmore questioned, to herself.

"Don't worry about it Green..." The blue-haired girl interrupts Alix.

"Call me Skip."

Alix pauses. Silence fills the room, they could hear rain beating down on the roof.

"It's my name after all, "Greenmore says.

Greenmore seemed more authoritative and formal than the name Skip, it was an embarrassing name to her.  The bluenette wanted to be respected by her peers, she did not need to feel superior around Alix because she belittled her already.

" I'll call you Skippy peanut butter." Alix rested her head on a pillow.

"No nicknames." Now she wished she never tried to be informal with the girl. Skip leans back in her chair.

"On the other hand, I have something to confess."   Skip puts her hands together as if she were conducting important business.

"I was in the same boat you were back there, I could not abandon you even if I wanted to. "

Silence.

Skip awaits the pink-haired girl's response of devastation. A few seconds pass.

Skip peers over at her canopy bed not hearing a  sound, she inches to the side of her bed. Skip lifts her canopy curtain slightly, then peaks inside. There, she saw Alix sound asleep. The pinkette reminded her of a child who passed out on the floor after a long play day.

She appeared cute to the bluenette. Skip loved her soft pink hair, her fiery temper, and that toned physique. Suddenly the covers rustled bringing Skip back to reality. She peers down quickly startled,  Alix had turned over in her sleep.

She decided to let the girl rest, Skip gently covers the girl with a heavy warm comforter.

Skip takes a seat and reminisces her time at the academy before meeting  Alix.