The Strongest Flame pt 2 Orbit Bros. part 27

Strongest flame pt2 orbit bros. part 27

" Brother please help me, arrrrghhh,"  Oben grunts trying to drag himself forward.

 He grasps the ground digging his fingers into the earth's crust. Oben tries to pull himself to his knees but the demon could no longer move, he flops to the ground.  

Obu slowly raises his hand.  

"Quit standin' there and help me," Oben says frustrated.  

Obu doesn't move an inch.  

"I've grown weary of your ways brother, when will you learn your lesson," Obu hisses.

Alix and Skip glance at one another then focus their attention back to Obu and his brother. 

I wonder what the brothers are talking about? Alix thought.

Skip observes Obu sensing his strong energy flow.

 "Brother pull yourself together," Obu snaps.

 Obu holds his hand out, it begins to glow after a moment. He stretches his arm to Oben's leg placing a hand over his brother's wound. A pink glowing aura covers the area where the skin had been torn. After a few moments, his torn flesh knits back together. The hole slowly closes up as if it were never there. Both teens watched in awe seeing that their opposers wound was no more. 

 "No way," Alix Shouts seeing Oben's leg now unscathed.

Skip peers at Alix with a stone face.  

Must she be so boisterous? 

Skip reverts her eyes back to Obu, She had become skeptical of his actions. 

 Why did he utilize his healing ability for Oben and not Obbo earlier, could it have been that he was inept from the start? It would only be rational that he would save such an ability for Oben because he was stronger.

 "Thanks, brother," Oben grins.  

"You always were a hothead, now focus." Obu draws back his arm irritated. 

Those words reminded Oben of a time in his life when he had vowed to be the strongest flame bearer. He refused to let himself down, he's come too far, This bout meant everything to him.

In the demonic realm of Dismul at a demon warrior training ground.

"Yaahhh,"  Rudden leaps into the air kicking at Oben.   

Oben dodges his opponent's foot. He teleports behind Rudden. Rudden twirls around. 

"Arm buster," Rudden shouts while performing an attack that struck Oben with a heavy blow. Sending the demon to his knees. 

Rudden whirls his arm around creating a gust of wind then belts Oben in the jaw with his elbow.  He rushes to Oben's body with his feet ready to stomp the ground, in a nick of time Oben rolls out of the way, Rudden crushes the ground leaving a void. Oben leaps into the air with his arms spread out.

 "Now for my strongest attack,"Oben says confidently.

  With this fatal ability, he would surely defeat his opponent with ease. 

"Meteor reign," Oben  yells.

 Rudden peers at a blood-red sky, Oben grins with malice as the sky transforms. Rudden blocks his face with his arms ready to try and withstand Oben's attack.  He waits, Oben waits, nothing happens. 

What the hell. 

 One tiny meteorite plummets from the sky to the dirt. Rudden lowers his arms looking around the training ground arena when he didn't feel any pain. Rudden looks from side to side looking about the demon dojo then spots one small meteorite on the ground. 

Oben was shocked.

 "That can't be right, I obtained enough energy," Oben says trying to reassure himself that his powers couldn't be that weak.  

" What a weak ass you are," Rudden says while grabbing his sides laughing hysterically. 

That's your strongest attack?" Rudden asked in a condescending manner.

 Embarrassed Oben hovers to the ground slowly. 

"Quit laughing, you lummox," Oben snaps.  Oben wasn't too siked about the guy he was up against, his comrade was better built than he was.

Rudden had a burly build and was ripped with muscle, Oben could only dream to be built like his sparring buddy. He would have to work out twice as hard to be as strong as Rudden.

"It was just a fluke so stop your cackling frog face," Oben says feeling defeated. 

Rudden continues to laugh hysterically.

 "There's no way your gonna make the cut for the Demon Fist Tournament, your gonna have to do better than that," Rudden says between chuckles.

Oben folds his arms.

"I 'm just tired, I'll cream ya next time," Oben grimaces at his comrade, Rudden smirks.         " 

"Well, I'm waiting for that day," Rudden says.

 "Screw you blockhead," Oben snaps. 

 Before Rudden could speak another word to ridicule his comrade a female demon strolls through the warrior training grounds.

 "Aye it 's Nuvva, there she goes." Rudden points a finger at the slender dainty figure, she enters the temple floating down a hall aligned with pillars.  All the other demon warriors gawked at the sight of  Nuvva.  

Oben gazes lovingly at Nuvva who sways from side to side as she glides past. Rudden peers at  Oben whose in a trance.  

"You into her huh, " Rudden says.  

"Yeah so what, you gotta problem? "Oben says with a hint of irritation.  

 "Nah but you do, she only dates high ranking demons," Rudden warns.  

"Yeah, yeah,  I know smart guy," Oben turns away quickly to see Nuvva a little bit longer before she left his sight. 

Rudden was right, Oben was a rank five demon, her taste in demons was way out of his league. She was the demon master's daughter.  Her father the elder demon was one of the most powerful demons in the  Dreer region of dismul. He ruled the demon-fighting grounds and was also their sensei and mentor who ran the demon fighter's temple.

" I'm going to ask her out on a date," Oben declares. 

"Yeah well, good luck your gonna need it," Rudden laughs.

Time had past and Oben spent his days occupying the training grounds more frequently than most demons in his fighting rank. 

 Rudden sits with Oben dining in the demon training grounds mess hall.  

" I'll be back  I'm gonna grab some grub." Opens felt his stomach grumbling, after all that training he was starving and eager to order his lunch of bloody innards. 

 Rudden nods while stuffing his face with guts.

 In a rush,  because he was so starved Oben darts down the narrow cafeteria aisle in a rush because he was starved. He hustles past a couple of big demons standing in line for a meal  Oben felt his arm collide with another monster. 

His arm bumps a demon's tray knocking their food to the floor. A massive demon turns around to face the perpetrator who ruined his lunch. His gargantuan build was covered with muscle, the burly beast had broad shoulders and a mane of hair around his head like a lion. He turns around slowly expecting to hear fleeing footsteps.

"Aye, you little bitch I just got this meal of hot innards, Now eat it off the floor for me ya scum. " 

Oben had almost made his way down the cafeteria aisle to his table when he heard a gruff voice from behind him.

A beast of gargantuan stature stood before him, Krok was one of the toughest demons to attend the training grounds. He was a rank two demon fighter, knowing this Oben refuses to back down.