Last but not Least Part 39

Both girls lay defenseless what could they do now, Alix's mind races but nothing would come to her mind. Come on damn it think she tells herself. She peers to her right. there she spots something on the pavement, there sits a small oval object about six inches away from her. 

 "THE VITAMIN BULLET!" Alix shouts excitedly. Obu turns around slowly, his body weary. He starts to move toward the pinkette at a languid pace.

Skip lifts her head surprised. A vitamin bullet, this could be our last hope after all, she thought. The bluenette couldn't remember how they used the vitamin bullet to save her life. Now that she thought about, she hadn't a clue how they utilized it for the battle at the park.

Skip observes her surroundings, she realized that the contents in Alix's messenger bag had been dumped out everywhere, she could see that Alix's miscellaneous items were sprinkled about the courtyard.

 Skip thought If she could get to the vitamin bullet maybe she could figure something out. She begins to pull herself slowly across the courtyard once again, moving at nearly a snail's speed. She clutches the cold earth, her body almost unwilling to move she propels herself forward. She could feel discomfort with every movement from her arms. The bluenette felt excruciating pain as she lugged her body in Alix's direction.

Skip senses Obu's energy while making her way through a patch of grass. His energy was nearly depleted, what could he be planning, she thought as she watched the demon stagger back toward Alix. His steps shaky, his balance was unstable with every step. Obu falters slightly then catches his balance in a nick of time, he stands up then slouches in agony walking toward Alix. The demon's body was bloody and battered. Obu determined teeters along, one foot drags past the other as he stumbles toward his target.

Damn. Skip tries to accelerate her pace but it was no use, she could barely move to begin with. She must of torn several tendons in her muscles, it was pain beyond a mild strain. Obu was heading right for Alix. Skip peers to her left, she notices a shiny metallic object. 

 There a strange futuristic gun lays in the grass. It appeared familiar to the blue-haired girl.

That odd firearm. Skip was stunned that it was here at the courtyard, but how?

Skip reminisces a couple of days ago. 

A couple of nights ago, She laid in bed rigid as a wooden board and as stiff as a mannequin. Skip was never one to toss and turn in her sleep. She seemed to stay in one position all through the night. But this night was different, it was a stifling summer night and the bluenette could not get comfortable. Skip was now irritated due to her hot room. She had a window open but it did no good with warm air coming through.

Skip wished she had invested in an air conditioner.

She gives in, the bluenette decides to turn over, the heat had gotten worst. Skip turns over on her side letting her foot hang off the bed. With her other foot she could feel something between her covers. The object was cold which felt nice against her warm skin, but uncomfortable because she could no longer stretch her leg out. The hard item that lay next to her foot was heavy. Skip leans up forcing herself to investigate, what could be ruining her sleep besides this humid summer night.

Skip peels off her sheet to find a metallic futuristic firearm on the bed.

She yawns. " If I want to continue my career path, this supernatural jargon cannot interfere with my future plans." She tosses it in a trash can outside her apartment, then goes back to bed.

I am certain that I disposed of that device long ago. Skip stares at the futuristic gun.

Skip returns to reality hearing Alix's voice. " Get back you scum!"

Obu stands before Alix. He gives a malicious smile.

He spots the vitamin bullet near Alix who could do nothing, "No, damn you!" She shouts.

Skip peers over from across the way she was about 15 feet away now and there was no way she could reach Obu in time.

Obu raises his foot then stomps down on the vitamin bullet crushing it to smithereens.

Their faces were shocked, Alix felt her stomach drop laying before Obu in disbelief, Skip hung her head in dismay. Neither girl could believe what they just witnessed.

All hope was lost.

Obu grins with glee. " If you girls think this bout is over guess again, I refuse to fail to amateurs. And I won't let mother down."

It was over for the girls at this point. Skip grits her teeth.