Extra A tear in our world. pt 7

part 7

Gertrude saw plenty of marked school assignment sheets. She notices a letter grade, it was a B on Alix's homework paper,  another good grade that caught her eye, it was an A -, her eyes scanned several other grades which were pretty good.

Gertrude takes a pair of glasses out of her robe pocket, in disbelief, she peers at the homework assignments while adjusting her glasses, NO her eyes were not deceiving her Alix was actually receiving great grades.

  I still need to do something about the girls, Gertrude sighs.

Alix waits by a tree in the academy's court yard, she watched as students head to class and chat with one another, It appeared warm and sunny outside but it was freezing. These cold November days were full of sunshine but they were chilly.

 Great I didn't want to wear my ski jacket , I wanted to wear my cropped hoodie.  Alix thought. her thoughts are soon interrupted when she feels a finger tap her lightly on the shoulder. She looks in the direction she felt someone touch her.

It was her beloved tutor.

"Skippy," The pinkette shouts full of glee, Skip gives a slight smile.

 "Please be quiet." Skip whispers. Alix smiles from ear to ear gazing lovely at her girlfriend. 

Skip always looked so stylish and sophisticated in her black double-breasted peacoat.  Alix thought in a loving trace. She wore a green skull pattern scarf that was wrapped around her neck twice, the scarf was huge and puffy. 

 Alix giggles because Skip looked as if she was being swallowed by the large scarf in a cute way. Like a mouse wrapped in a blanket the poor thing wouldn't be able to fit it.

Skip peers at Alix, "What is humoring you, love?" 

Alix stops chuckling. "It's nothing you look cute,"  Alix replies. Skip did her best not to blush, It was easy to pass it off that she had rosy cheeks because of the cold weather.

"We could utilize study hall period for tutoring  since I 'm prohibited to enter your home." Skip suggests. Alix eagerly agrees as her face lights up with elation. A frown wipes away her happiness. 

 "Oh that's right. "  Alix puts a finger to her chin.

 " I forgot, I have detention today for tagging the walls of the locker room last week." Skip glances at her lover.

 "Yes I remember, it was a foolish dare Asher insisted you do, vandalizing academy property." Skip places a handkerchief to her face with poise to blow her nose which was now turning red.

Alix leans into Skip's face as If to examine her, they were less than an inch away from one another almost nose to nose.

 "Babe you don't look too well are you feeling any better?"  Alix asked. Skip sighs. 

 " You are correct Einstein."  Skip replies. 

Alix always disliked Skip's riposte replies. She figured her girlfriend said those things because Skip felt undermined when she pointed out the obvious.

 Skip disliked the fact Alix would be overt about her issues. She knew she shouldn't attend classes while sick and stating the obvious always made her feel embarrassed or vulnerable.

Alix noticed Skip walking slower than usual, her girlfriend always ambled about like she had all the time in the world but today her pace was very languid. Alix peers at Skip observing her girlfriend a little more as they walked to class from the courtyard.

Her eyes were cloudy and slightly pink, she constantly had the sniffles, and it seemed like every minute she was coughing or sneezing. Alix inches closer to Skip as they make their way to their classes. 

"I will visit you in detention this afternoon," Skip says.  Alix could see her cheeks becoming a bright red.

Alix stares at the bluenette while she picks her ear. Skip quickly averts her eyes to the floor, she turns to leave for class. 

 "Babe you're forgetting something," Alix says. 

Skip turns around seeing the pinkette with her lips puckered. 

"No, I refuse."

 "What why ?" Alix says feeling disgruntled. 

"Because I have a cold, I do not want to spread my germs."

"But you came to school whats the point," Alix argues. She's such a kid. Alix thought.

"Skippy I don't care about that." Alix pulls her girlfriend close near a storage room where nobody could see, they kiss. Skip gives a slight smile.

 "Bye Love." 

 "Bye bye Skippy."  Alix waves then steps into a near by classroom.

On her way to class Skip stops in a restroom, She felt her temperature rising. 

Ugh, I should be in bed but I cannot afford to fail I have so much responsibility at the moment. Skip thinks to herself. 

She stumbles a little into a bathroom stall. Skip sits down on top of a toilet seat feeling worst than she did earlier. Her head and chest ached even more now. She just wanted to lay down , but she couldn't let the headmaster down, he was giving her so many opportunities with help  from the class president Belladonna.

Later that day Skip sits at her desk doing her best to stay alert and focus on her work, at this point her stomach ached as well as her glands under her chin. She peers at the roman numeral clock in her study room, it was 2:30 pm school was about over. Skip eagerly packs up her belongings placing her school materials daintily into a black attache case. She was exhausted but she wanted to keep her word to meet with Alix in detention.

Skip wobbles down the hall, her face was very hot and she was burning up. She feeling a jolt of pain run through her body. Skip could feel how sore her throat was, it felt raw with every bit of saliva she swallowed. Placing one foot in front of the other Skip clutches onto the railing while trying to take  a step forward up a  flight of stairs. She was becoming sicker by the second with every step she took, climbing the stairs was becoming a daunting task for the poor girl.

Alix raises her hand in detention.

 "Hey teacher, I gotta pee." 

 Mrs. Windbag looks up from her desk giving Alix a stern look.

 "Fine, here's your hall pass, come right back." She knew she was wasting her time Alix rarely returned to her detentions.

Skip stumbles a little, she quickly places her hand to the wall for support, Skip felt like she was going to pass out.