Chapter 6: Reunion with the Familiar Stranger

Y/N POV

I don't know why, but there was something off about that 'Dante' that I encountered earlier. I couldn't quite place my finger on it, but there was certainly something familiar about him, almost as if we had met someplace before.

Then again, my entire experience within the Temen-Ni-Gru had been beyond anything I had ever encountered before. And I'm not talking about the Demons, those I could handle. What I mean is, that since I've arrived here, I've constantly been left puzzled about something or someone that I had encountered.

First that mysterious 'Arkham' shows up in my hotel suite and offers me answers to my past, next the Temen-Ni-Gru emerges bringing hordes of Demons along with it, shortly after my arrival I encountered a woman who looked similar to Arkham who attacked me on sight before running and finally there was this 'Dante' who not only looked familiar, but also his blade possessed a similar energy to my own Eclipse.

Regardless of my thoughts, I pressed on further through the tower, naturally there were Demons along the way however I just put them down no problem, I had no concern for a longer drawn out battle. I just wanted to get the answers I desired and leave.

While I was continuing my exploration of the demonic tower though, I stumbled across someone fighting off another batch of Demons, and to be a good person, I decided to lend them a hand. I drew Cinder and shot two of the demons in the head.

I then brandished Eclipse and dashed forward, cutting through a third demon. And after that, it wasn't long until me and my unknown partner, took down each of the demons and it was at this point that I was met with the same woman that I met earlier!

The two of us just stared at one another as she spoke in a tone that seemed more curious than angered "You." I responded to her single answer by saying the exact same thing "You." That's when she suddenly pointed one of her handguns at me and snapped "Why are you following me?!"

I glared down at her, heterochromatic eyes meeting E/C ones before I pushed her arm out of the way and asked in an angered and annoyed tone "What makes you think I was following you? It is pure coincidence that our paths would cross again."

Pointing at her I stated "You still haven't told me what you know about Arkham." Once again, I noticed the bitter expression appear on her face as she spat "What's it to you?" I answered "I would very much like to know about the person who dragged me into this mess."

The woman kept her gun aimed at me and this eventually angered me making me snap "Will you stop pointing that damn this at me?!" She responded "I'd like to see you make me." I swiftly moved her arm out of the way as she opened fire.

She tried again with a submachine gun in the other hand however I avoided that shot as well. I quickly pulled Eclipse out once again and went in to slash at her however she raised her rocket launcher and blocked my slash with the bayonet.

She went in for a stab attack but I countered that with Eclipse and with that, we began duelling with our respective blades. Suddenly we separated and leapt away from one another. Once again, the two of us just stared at one another.

The woman raised her rocket launcher and fired a missile at me however I was able to jump upwards. The projectile collided with a wall and exploded upon impact. Luckily I was unharmed by the blast and used this chance to counter attack.

I landed back on the ground and instantly raced forward, preparing a slash with Eclipse however she once again raised her bayonet at me. This time we clashed mid-way and began to glare at one another. It was now that I spoke up.

"Listen lady, I don't want to fight you! I can tell you have some sort of grudge against Arkham, but please. If you know why he would bring me here, please tell me." Suddenly out of nowhere, Lady abruptly yelled "He's my FATHER!"

This caught me off guard as I withdrew from our clash and staggered back. The woman didn't counter though, instead she just stood there for a moment, catching her breath before saying "He killed my mother in order to try and become a demon-"

I finished her sentence "And because of this you came here to kill him?" The woman nodded before sighing and shaking her head, saying "I don't even know why you're telling me this. You wouldn't understand."

That's when I sighed myself before stepping forward, saying "I understand more than you could possible realize. And I want to help you." She looked up at me surprised before asking "Pardon?" I repeated myself, saying.

"You heard me, I want to help you. I'll make you a deal, you help me figure out what I want to know and you get your father. Sound good?" The woman thought about it before asking "And what do you want to know?"

I responded "Arkham brought me here, saying he knew the truth of my past, though he said he couldn't tell me, he claimed that right belonged to someone else." The woman continued to think about my offer before bluntly saying "Fine.  But after this, we go our separate ways."

I smiled and said "Deal." We shook on it before I asked "So, what is your name? What am I supposed to call you?" The woman shrugged and said "I don't have a name." I nodded and added "Very well then lady. Partners?"

For once she smiled faintly as well and repeated "Partners." Little did either of us know, this little partnership would develop far beyond either of us could have possibly anticipated...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. I'm sorry for not uploading before, the Wi-Fi where I was on holiday went a bit strange. Hence why I decided to wait until I got back to continue properly. I really do hope you enjoyed the chapter, it was quite fun to write this one and as always, thank you for reading.