Chapter 109: Mastery of the Devil, Returning to One's Senses

Y/N POV

"Y/N?"

Dante just stood opposite me, no longer in his new demonic state. He still held his sword in a defensive stance. He just looked at me confused however I didn't answer his call at first, instead I just stared at him in silence.

A faint chuckle escaped Dante as he joked "So, what's all this then? Are we good now, or am I going to need to crack open the egg a little harder?" To that I just nodded, using my silence as a way to almost make fun of my brother in a joking way, not a cruel one.

This caused Dante to ask "Is that a nod that everything's okay? Or a nod that I need to crack an egg open more?" I didn't reply again and we were in silence. In truth, while I was keeping silent to mess with my brother, I also was somewhat overwhelmed by this new form I was in.

I took this time to raise a hand a look at it. It was more demonic in nature than my Devil Trigger, certainly more demonic than my human appearance however it looked slightly more refined than the state I was in before. I calmly stated "This, this is interesting."

I continued to analyse the new forms, the demonic wings, the clawed hands and even the spiked tail which I now possessed. I swatted the tail on the floor before finally the new form wore out and for the first time in a month, I was allowed back to my human state.

Luckily for me, unlike Trish and Lady, I'd been allowed to keep my clothes since my transformation was the equivalent of a Devil Trigger form, I was just stuck in it 24/7 and had no control over my actions. One difference was that my originally immaculate purple attire looked tattered and even torn in some places.

I fell down onto my backside and caught my breath. I will admit, I was actually tired out from the battle with Dante. Even though it wasn't actually me consciously doing any of the fighting, it was still my body. I looked up at Dante and between breaths said "Yeah, I think we're good."

Dante sighed before saying "Good, I didn't want to knock you out. Just enough to knock some sense into you." I just chuckled lightly at his comment, I suddenly remembered something which caused me to look down sadly. Dante must have noticed because he asked with concern as he stepped forward with his hand extended "Hey, I didn't hit you  too hard did I?"

I shook my head saying "No, I just thought about something. I was trapped like that for a whole month right?" Dante nodded and said "Yeah, but at least you weren't in a coma for that time." I didn't acknowledge the last comment and instead told Dante my concern.

"I remember everything that I've done under Eclipse's influence. I know that Nero was able to save Lady from her fate. I just haven't been able to be there for her. I don't know how she is feeling after the whole ordeal. And S/N? Where has he been this last month? We weren't meant to be gone long."

Dante kept his hand extended out to me as he said "Don't worry Y/N, Lady's made of tough stuff, I'm sure she'll be fine. And as for the little man, I'm sure Morrison's doing a good enough job taking care of him."

Morrison POV

"Come on kid, just a nibble. You can do it." I sat in front of S/N in his high chair, attempting to feed him some of that baby slop that I'd been told to feed him. I'd had to go out and buy some more since I'd been babysitting way longer than I'd thought I would be so I ran out of Y/N and Lady's original stock.

S/N wasn't having it though, as I tried to push the spoon closer, he'd just back his head away. For an nine month old baby, he was pretty stubborn. I suppose he got that from his parents. I sighed and said "Come on, it's good for you."

When that didn't work, I tried something else. Sacrificing a piece of my dignity in the process, I took the spoon and raised it to my mouth. S/N just stared at me with interest as I brought the spoon to my own mouth.

Taking a tiny taste, I nearly gagged at the foul texture. I put on an act though and said "Mmm, see? It tastes good."  I then began bringing the spoon closer to S/N once more. I'd thought my earlier demonstration would be enough to convince the kid to have a taste and at first I thought it would work.

S/N took the spoon and I thought he was actually going to use it himself but no, instead he just flailed his arm about while laughing causing the slop to spill all over himself, with bits also landing on the table.

I sighed before saying "Damn. Now I've got to clean all this up. Great." S/N just continued laughing and began clapping his hands. I was glad to see him happy again especially how he was a month ago.

The night Dante and the others went to confront Urizen, S/N wouldn't stop crying. Of course, that was the same night that Y/N and Lady didn't return. I don't know how but it seemed S/N somehow knew what had happened, even though he wasn't there.

I was glad to see S/N laughing again, he was a good kid, if not a bit stubborn when it came to food. One thing was clear though, when Y/N and Lady came back, I was honestly considering docking their pay.

Y/N POV

I grinned faintly before taking Dante's hand. He helped me back to my feet and I asked "So, now that that's over with, what now?" Dante grinned "Well you came around just in time for the main event, while we've been fighting among ourselves, Nero has gone and tried to get a rematch with Urizen. And you know what that means right?"

I nodded slightly as he said "Yep, time for a rematch baby!" His attention shifted to Eclipse as he asked "Are you okay still using that sword with everything that happened?" I replied "I'm fine" glancing at the blade I added "Let's just say, I think I'm in control now."

 And with that, we both took to our new demon forms and took to the sky side by side. It was finally time for me to get my revenge...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, the next one will of course by Dante and Y/N against Urizen. I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.