Chapter 73: The Encounter and the Demon Arm

Y/N POV

I just stared at the boy in front of me for a while. We both just stood with our respective handguns aimed at one another. No words were spoken, the intense gaze in our eyes didn't falter either. Lady just glanced back and forth between us with her own handguns drawn, ready in case anything happened.

I took this moment to analyse the boy. He wore an Order of the Sword attire, however his was black and red as opposed to the usual white and gold I'd seen up to this point. He had a unique type of sword strapped to his back however it was his face that stood out to me.

He had white, almost silver, hair. His eyes were a piercing blue. His general facial appearance bared great resemblance to Dante and Vergil. I thought back to what Trish had said about a boy who had similar appearance and mannerisms to Dante. However that boy also had a-.

And then I noticed it, a crimson demonic arm with a bright blue glow emanating from it. Now it finally clicked in my head. A grin stretched across my face, keeping my gun aimed at the boy in front of me I stated "So, you are the boy I've been hearing about. Nero was it?"

Image of Nero:

Nero's eyes widened as he asked in shock "What? How did you-?" I cut him off saying "Surprised? I have my sources

Nero's eyes widened as he asked in shock "What? How did you-?" I cut him off saying "Surprised? I have my sources. An ally of mine tipped me off that there was a boy with a demonic arm running around, but you have that blubbering scientist Agnus to thank for pointing me in the right direction."

He slowly lowered his gun and asked "So, what now?" I replied "Well I don't WANT to fight you. I just want you to answer a quick question for me." To this Nero said "And what question is that?" I also began lowering my own gun as I asked "Do you or do you not possess the sword Yamato?"

Nero glared at me and asked "What's it to you?!" I muttered "I choose to take that as a yes." Nero suddenly aimed his gun at me again and snapped "You'd better start talking sense soon or I'm going to end up pulling this trigger!"

I raised my hands and said "Easy kid, we don't want any accidents here." Nero stated angrily "Then you'd better start talking and tell me who you are right now." I sighed before saying "Very well." I then introduced "I am Y/N, this is my partner Lady. We're both demon hunters."

Lady gave a faint nod as a greeting as Nero asked "Why are you both here?" I replied "Now that I'll have to draw the line at. Not that I don't mind the small talk. But you aren't exactly trustworthy as of yet." Nero just said "Heh, fair enough."

I deflected his question as I asked "And what about you? What are you doing here, so far from other members of the Order?" Nero let out a faint chuckle and said "Seems we have the same answer, you aren't exactly trustworthy as of yet." I chuckled as well and replied "I suppose not."

Suddenly he raised his gun and fired, at first I thought he was shooting at me however turning around I saw a scarecrow demon fall to the ground. I stared at it, then at Nero and said "Huh, usually that's my thing." Nero replied "I've always had an aptitude when dealing with demons." I responded "Really, same here."

There was definitely something about this boy, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. But both his likeness to Dante and even somewhat to myself was definitely noticeable and I had a nagging suspicion that it wasn't just a coincidence. Again though, I didn't want to assume to much so I just kept my thoughts private.

As you'd expect, with Nero slaying that scarecrow, more slowly began to emerge around us. Me and Lady both drew our weapons. I turned to Nero and said "You can show me this aptitude first hand." Nero withdrew his gun and drew a sword. He stabbed it into the ground and began revving it up like an engine.

As soon as the demons attacked, I leapt into the air and aggressively cut down three of the demons with ease. Nero dashed forward with his own blade in hand and also managed to effortlessly slash at two of the demons taking them down with ease. What he did next especially caught my attention.

Lashing out with his demon arm, a blue projection of it emerged enhancing his range as he effortlessly took down five more of the demons at once and it was here that things finally clicked completely in my mind. I muttered quietly enough so no one heard "I see, now it makes sense."

How he was apparently able to wield Yamato, why he bared a striking resemblance to Dante and Vergil, why he seemed to have a natural talent for dealing with demons and more importantly why he had a demonic arm that created familiar blue projections!

With this strange ability, Nero easily began slaying the demons one after the other. Me and Lady were able to pitch in somewhat however ultimately we were mostly surprised at this gift that he possessed.

Suffice it to say, we got through this batch of demons far faster than any of the previous ones we'd encountered. I slew the final one as I cut through its body with Eclipse. Once all of them had been dealt with I turned to Nero and said "That was an impressive display."

Nero grinned and replied "Thanks, you didn't do that bad yourself." We were silent for a moment before Nero said "Look, it was good meeting you Y/N, whoever you both are. But I really need to get going there's someone that I'm after and I can't let him get away."

With that he literally just turned and walked away. I didn't try and stop him and once he'd disappeared from sight Lady walked up next to him and asked "So, you're just letting him leave?" I replied "Yes, I think he's more than capable of looking after himself."

Lady must have noticed the slight discomfort when she asked "So, you noticed it as well?" I nodded and replied "Yeah, it can't be a coincidence, the pieces fit too much for that." Even with this slight discomfort I couldn't help but grin as I said.

"Well Vergil, I must say I'm surprised..."

??? POV

I tilted my head to the side and asked "So, I trust your encounter with our little intruders went well?" Agnus just stood next to my throne, a big grin on his face as he stammered out "Y-you won't have to w-worry about them. I-I left them in the hospitable treatment of o-our very own holy knights."

My eyes narrowed as I stood up and spoke in a calm yet firm voice "I believe you underestimate our guests Agnus. It will take more of that to take them down. The man did best Credo after all, we should at least give them credit where credit is due."

I asked "Where is Credo?" Agnus stuttered "H-he s-should already be at our headquarters, l-lying in wait f-for Nero's arrival. Yamato will be in our possession a-again soon." I nodded and said "Very good, I want you to head out there as well and take a little incentive to make sure both Nero and Credo cooperate." A smirk appeared across Agnus' face as he replied "It will be done, your holiness."

I approached the window and stared out at it. I had somewhat anticipated Nero becoming a loose end and Dante's involvement in my plan. However this new intruder if he was as skilled as he seemed so far, he may prove to be quite the problem. I would have to tread lightly, especially if my theory was true...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, Nero has officially been introduced. I really hope you enjoyed this and as always, thank you for reading.