Chapter 117: The Final Confrontation

Y/N POV

At long last, we made it. The highest possible point of the Qliphoth. The sight where it appeared this final battle would take place. Following the defeat and disappearance of V's three familiars, we had headed on to where we knew Vergil was waiting and now we were finally here.

Sure enough, we found him, sat on some form of makeshift throne with his back to us, overlooking everything below. Dante soon got his attention by announcing "Hey Vergil! Your portal opening days are over. Give us the Yamato"

Vergil didn't look at us but replied "If you want it, then you'll have to take it." He stood up out of the throne causing it to disappear as he added "But you both already knew that." I simply nodded as Dante said "I had a feeling you'd say that." We both drew our swords ready for battle.

Vergil asked, directed at Dante "How many times have we fought?" Dante replied "Hard to say, we've been doing it since before Y/N even entered the picture." He said that part gesturing towards me before saying "It's the only memory I have of us since we were kids."

That's when I remembered, one of the reasons I insisted on accompanying Dante here. "Wait!" I yelled, causing both Dante and Vergil to turn to look at me. I stared directly at Vergil and said "You've still got to tell me, what did you hear your mother telling mine? How did you find out about me?"

To that Vergil just grinned "Now that dear brother. You will only find out AFTER we battle. Once this business is concluded, I will gladly tell you what I know." I sighed and said "Very well. If that's the way you want it."

Dante readied for battle and said "Time to finish this Vergil, once and for all." Vergil just raised Yamato and clicked it out of its sheath, staring intensely at us before saying "I won't lose to the likes of you two. Little brothers."

Before I could react, Dante instantly raced towards Vergil, swinging the Demon Sword Dante in a sideways motion. Vergil managed to avoid the attack by jumping upwards and sending a cascade of those holo-blades down.

Dante flipped backwards, causing the projectiles to hit the floor and shatter like glass. I chose this moment to join the fight as well, leaping up into the air and went in for an attack of my own. Vergil finally drew Yamato and we began to duel.

We slashed at one another relentlessly before meeting in a clash. Vergil leaned close and spoke "You know Y/N, when we first met, I thought you would just be a problem, aside from needing your blood for Temen-Ni-Gru, you served no other purpose to my goal. But now, now I feel you are an opponent I will relish in defeating. Almost as much as Dante."

I retorted sarcastically "I suppose I should feel honoured. BUT-." Dante drew Ebony and Ivory before shooting at Vergil. He placed Yamato behind him and spun it around, stopping the bullets in their track.

I used that opportunity to kick of Vergil's chest, making him gasp. I then fired rounds from Cinder and much to my surprise, even with the speed enhancements Nico had upgraded it with, Vergil STILL managed to stop the rounds much like he just did with Dante.

Bouncing back, I went in to attack with Eclipse as Dante leapt up swung in with his own weapon. Our goal was to strike Vergil in the middle of our two attacks however he rapidly ducked to the ground, displaying speed greater than that of us two.

We both came back to the ground, Dante instantly engaged in a one on one duel, meanwhile I stayed back for a moment, Dante yelled "Y/N here!" And tossed the original Kalina Ann towards me. We heard Vergil saying "It will take more than projectiles to defeat me Y/N!"

Nevertheless, I opened fire, using both the original Kalina Ann as well as Kalina Ann II. Duel wielding them, I was able to fire two rockets at one instead of one. Unfortunately, Vergil was right, the projectiles didn't do much good as Vergil just batted them away like they were baseballs.