Chapter 104: The Word of V

Y/N POV

Malphas may have evaded being assimilated by Eclipse. However the information she had given me was invaluable. Of COURSE Dante would have gone back to confront Urizen, I was a fool to have not figured that out sooner myself.

Needless to say, I took the the skies, leaving that dark chasm behind for good and instantly headed back to the main body of the Qliphoth itself, sure, its roots were all around me, but we weren't actually inside the demonic tree which is where I now knew Dante was heading.

Flight certainly had a large advantage here, instead of having to slowly navigate myself through the sea of destroyed buildings and Qliphoth roots, however with my wings, I just flew right over them. I didn't make it all the way to the Qliphoth though as while looking down at what was bellow me, I noticed something or someONE that caught my eye.

Stood completely still on an old cracked road was V, there was no sign of Dante however I did notice someone else lying on the ground with a blanket over them. Upon closer inspection I realized it was TRISH! Seems they found her after all.

I knew exactly where Dante would be, so it didn't matter if I took a little longer to get there. I once again took a descent towards the ground and landed right behind V. The sound of me hitting the concrete surface caught his attention, making him spin around and stare at me.

His tone held shock yet still somehow sounded completely calm as he said "Y/N." I commented "So, you managed to find Trish then? I should give you credit where credit is due." V instantly stated "He's not here you know."

I knew instantly he was referring to Dante and I retorted "Dante? Of course, I'm already aware of where he's heading. I'm just taking a detour as it were." As these words were spoken I revealed Eclipse and held it out ready to attack.

V remained calm, he raised his book and opened it up. His eyes analysed the pages for a moment before he murmured a passage. "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

I looked at him in confusion and lowered Eclipse slightly. His words were strange. I was familiar with the passage he was quoting however why he brought it up now was beyond me. V looked up from the book asking "Do you know that passage?"

As I nodded, V said "An interesting line, don't you think. In phrasing alone it fits quite well with your situation. But it of course holds a deeper meaning. Do you know what that is?" It was at this point I caught onto his plan and grinned sadistically.

"I know your game V, you're trying to buy time. Stall for something." V simply closed his book slowly before looking back up at me. A sigh escaped his mouth as he said "Even under Eclipse's influence, you're still sharp." 

He put his book back in the pocket of his sleeveless coat and held his cane firmly. He stared at me and said "I'm sorry this happened to you Y/N. It wasn't my intention for you to wind-up like this. Urizen was just far stronger than any of us could have anticipated."

I laughed coldly before saying "What have you got to apologize for? I feel more alive and powerful than I ever have! With this power, I can finally let lose and reach my full potential. Once Dante has been assimilated, I will hunt for Nero and finish what I couldn't before. But before any of that, I have my appetizer to enjoy!"

Raising Eclipse once more, V sighed again "Fine, if that is how it has to be. So be it. I cannot let you get in the way of Urizen being stopped." He braced himself  with his cane and I will admit it was kind of amusing considering that V couldn't lay a finger on me when he was alongside Nero yet here he was planning to fight me alone.

He tapped his cane twice on the floor and just like that, his panther familiar manifested and wasted no time lunging towards me with a roar, bearing its claws. It attempted to slash at me however I leapt back, using my wings to gain more distance before doing a 180 and rushing forward towards the beast.

Before it could defend I slashed towards it causing it to recoil as the blade cut across its side. The spectral familiar let out a roar of pain however it didn't take long for it to recover and attempt to counter by clawing at me with both of its front legs.

I began dodging with only minimal effort before going in for another attack. I raised my hand and instantly shot a stream of lighting from my hand. This stunned the familiar and allowed me to follow up with a powerful barrage of slashes.

The result of this was the panther familiar Shadow collapsing to the ground before disappearing. I landed in front of V and smirked at him however he simply raised his hand into the air and called on his strongest defender.

His hair turned white as a dark aura briefly enveloped him. From the ground, I was once again met with the same giant familiar Nightmare. It towered over me however I didn't flinch. I'd already dealt with this so-called 'secret weapon' before.

Nightmare lashed out, attempting to punch me however I flapped my wings and ascended until I was eye-height with it. It instantly followed up by firing a purple beam from its eye. The beam hit me head-on and was able to push me back quite hard.

Despite the knock back, I was still barely phased by the attack and after a few moments, I spread my wings and let out a roar which caused the blast to instantly stop. I remained in the air for a moment just staring at the familiar before finally acting.

I dashed forward, Eclipse out in a stabbing motion. However the Nightmare familiar's eye began glowing once again. I knew this meant another beam so I halted my movement and fired a stream of lightning as the familiar's beam fired.

The two purple projectiles hit one another and there was a brief clash. Both attacks pushed against one another and for a moment it seemed neither would overcome the other. Eventually though I proved victorious as my lightning shattered Nightmare's beam and hit the familiar right in its eye!

It staggered back from the pain and I used this moment to end the battle. I lunged forward, cutting right through the familiar! Not only that but my blade lashed out and nicked V's cheek, causing a cut to appear and dribble blood.

Suddenly V began to chuckle ominously and at first I was confused however in an instant I felt a sharp pain in my chest. My eyes widened when I looked down to see his cane stabbed into me!

Instantly, I leapt back, pulling the cane out of me and tossing it aside. V continued to chuckle as his hair returned to its original black colour and he spoke, saying "I see, no matter what I try, I can't beat you. It is all up to Dante."

I glared at him as he explained "You see Dante may have discovered a means to surpass your gift. When you next meet, he will best you and free you from your blades corruption." I instantly asked "What means are these?!"

V replied "Eclipse was what gave you this power. What powers do you think Dante would gain by having both Rebellion and Sparda?" My eyes widened at his statement. Not in fear or shock, but in joy. If I harvested him while he had such power, he would be unlike anything I could imagine!

I asked "Where is he?" To that V replied "That is for you to find you. But I warn you, when you find him, he will be unlike anything you've faced before." I grinned and retorted "That's what I'm counting on."

That's when I took off again. I completely forgot about harvesting V, at this point both him and Nero were living on borrowed time. If Dante had somehow gained great power then I wanted to acquire that for myself! I flew around frantically resuming my search...

V POV

I watched as Y/N flew away and disappeared out of sight before turning around and turning my attention back to Trish. I raised my hand a wiped at the cut on my cheek analysing the blood on my hand with interest before looking up again.

Dante was the only hope at stopping Y/N now...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. Now I might not upload tomorrow because I have something going on in the morning that if it goes badly, I won't exactly want to write, if it goes well though, I will upload as normal. We're getting close to the big face-off with Dante so there's that to look forward to. I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.