Chapter 20: The End of Things, Vergil's Fall

Mysterious Woman POV

I finally made it to the top of that wretched tower that my father talked so much about. Sure enough, overhead there was the large portal presumably connected to the Demon world. Suddenly a pillar of light emerged from the portal and I heard a familiar cry.

My father plummeted back through the portal. He hit the ground in front of me with a thud, at first I thought he was actually dead however, I then noticed his hand move followed by his voice barely rasping out "Why, how could I-?" He reached out in front of him saying "I shall become a god. No one here can stop me!"

I slowly stepped forward, gripping one of my handguns with murderous intent. This was my chance, the chance to finally avenge my mother. As I stood in front of my 'father's' weakened body, I said "What a surprise, here I was looking for you and lo and behold, you come to me."

Father rasped out "Mary-" I quickly cut him off by saying with venom in my voice "Don't ever call me that again, my mother was the only one who could say my name." To my surprise father tried begging "Wait, please, do you really want to shoot me? Can you shoot me? Your own father?"

I kept my grip on my handgun as he suddenly yelled "WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?! Even heroic Sparda sacrificed a woman so that he could become a legend! I wish to be a GOD! And I sacrificed one miserable human being for that reason! That is all. Was that really so awful?"

My rage only increased at his words as he continued "I have some unfinished business to take care of. Help me Mary." I raised my other hand and clutched my handgun with both hands now as I answered.

"Mary died a long time ago." I paused for a moment before finally finishing "My name is Lady." I raised the handgun higher so it was pointed directly at my 'father's face as I said one final word to my so-called parent.

"Goodbye father."

Image of Lady killing Arkham:

Father's eyes widened as he exclaimed "Wha? NO-!" I cut him off when I pulled the trigger, unloading the entire clip in my handgun into my father's head until I had no more bullets to fire

As I stared down at his now lifeless body, I dropped down to my knees in fits of both laughter and tears, tears of joy that is. I muttered to myself "And I thought I wasn't gonna cry..." Suddenly my mind flashed to Y/N, I looked up towards the gateway, where exactly was he?

Y/N POV

The Force Edge blade landed in what appeared to be a flowing stream. Me, Dante and Vergil all landed on opposite sides of it and dashed forward. Vergil got hold of Force Edge, while Dante gripped one of the two amulets, I unfortunately didn't get anything though I didn't care in the slightest, I only followed them because I thought it would be the way out.

Vergil reached his hand out and said "Give that to me." Dante put the amulet away and replied "No way, you've got your own." To this Vergil then said "Well I want yours." I growled and said "You two are nothing more than bickering children I swear, it seems I have to keep you both in line."