Chapter 106: The Clash Between Red and Purple

Y/N POV

As I was flying through the air, I noticed a faint outline coming into my field of view. Drawing closer it soon became apparent that this being was in fact some form of winged demon and as the distance continued to shorten my eyes widened and a grin spread across my face.

DANTE! He was unrecognizable with his new demonic appearance however I could tell it was him. At last, my hunting and patience had paid off. I would take great pleasure in assimilating this newfound demonic power into myself!

I picked up speed and it seemed he did the same. It seemed this was a chicken game and I had no desire of giving in! It seemed neither did he as we both continued to go faster. I angled Eclipse ready to strike as Dante did the same. The suspense continued to build up until we both swung out and our swords collided.

The clash caused red and purple lightning to shoot across the black clouds around us. I stared directly into the glowing red eyes of the demon opposite me as I pushed my blade forward only for him to do the exact same! Sparks flew from the friction, neither of us backed down and neither could overpower the other.

Eventually, we separated however we remained in the air flying opposite one another, the only sound present was the hammering of rain and the flapping of my wings. I used now to get a better look at Dante's new demonic body.

It was definitely him, the red colour that emanated from his body was unmistakable. He also looked much more demonic than even in his Devil Trigger. My eyes shot to his new sword, I noted that it resembled the Sparda sword and even held hints of Rebellion, I supposed this was the result of him merging the two together.

Image of Dante's Sin Devil Trigger:

There was silence between us for a moment before  I raised Eclipse and commented "You have no idea how long I've been looking for you

There was silence between us for a moment before  I raised Eclipse and commented "You have no idea how long I've been looking for you." A sadistic chuckle escaped my mouth before adding "Now it's finally time for the main event."

Strangely enough Dante remained silent for a moment. Usually I'd expect him to make some form of witty or sarcastic remark at my expense. However there was nothing. Once that was certain I grinned and said "Very well then, have it your way."

I raced forward, Eclipse in hand, wasting no time going in for a swing. Too my surprise, Dante instantly parried the blow, blocking with his own sword before retaliating and slashing at me, I barely had time to evade the attack.

I turned around and commented "So, you're faster that I'd given you credit for. I'll admit that." I instantly went in for another attack, rushing forward and proceeding to try and stab at Dante however once again, he parried and tried to strike back.

This time I was able to counter as well and we instantly began trading blows. Our respective swords clashed off one another relentlessly. From the looks of things it seemed whatever gifts Dante had gained, he had somehow managed to match me which I honestly hadn't anticipated.