Chapter 69: A Clever Disguise and a Useful Tip-off

Y/N POV

"Well, seems you're already making a bit of a scene aren't you?"

I spun around  at the sound of faint clapping, high heels clacking on the marble floors and the female voice. My eyes landed on a dark skinned woman, short white hair and a rather revealing white attire. I saw right through this instantly.

Even so, I played along for a moment, asking "Who the hell are you?" The woman gave me a suggestive wink and responded in a seductive tone. "The name's Gloria. I'm with the Order of the Sword." She held her hand out.

Image of Gloria:

That's when I just laughed to myself causing 'Gloria' to raise an eyebrow in confusion, asking "Is something the matter?" I calmed down before replying "You do realize I was joking right? I know it's really you, Trish

That's when I just laughed to myself causing 'Gloria' to raise an eyebrow in confusion, asking "Is something the matter?" I calmed down before replying "You do realize I was joking right? I know it's really you, Trish."

It was obvious that this 'Gloria' was in fact, actually Trish. Her voice was a massive giveaway, they sounded almost identical. My point was only further solidified when Trish just laughed and asked "Was it that easy to find me out?" She shrugged and said "The order seemed completely fooled."

I replied "Your voice is the main giveaway. And besides, the Order don't know you as I do. Other than the voice, I'd say it was a very clever disguise on your part." Trish gave a brief "Thanks." Before grinning and saying "And what about you? You and Dante are already the talk of the Order's inner circle."

This time I was the one to raise an eyebrow as I asked "Is that right?" Trish nodded, still in her disguise as she replied "Yeah. You've both caused quite the stir. First Dante ambushes a ceremony, killing the 'Holy leader' or whatever. Then next thing we know, the captain of the holy knights is complaining about how a demon looking like a man in a purple coat with a demonic sword beat him in a fight before fleeing. It was quite funny to be honest."

"So, the elder is dead?" Trish pointed at me and said "Now that's what I wanted to tell you. The leader of the Order is very much alive." My eyes widened a bit as I asked "How is that even possible?!"

Trish explained "It seems the order of developed something which they call the Ascension Ceremony. I don't fully understand it but I know it harnesses demonic energies to an extent. That Credo you fought also seems to have undergone the ceremony so should you encounter him again, stay alert."

I nodded, saying "Thanks for the heads up. What else do you know? Is the Order tied to any of these recent demon attacks?" To this  Trish replied "I'm not sure, it's still too early to tell. Their leader seems very suspicious though. I'll try and see if I can find anything out."

Turning around so that my back was facing Trish, I stated "Good luck. I'm going to look around here, see what I can find." I was about to step away when Trish abruptly said "You'll find nothing in the castle you know."

I turned back to face and asked "Hmm? What do you mean?" Trish approached "There's nothing of use in this castle. There was a strange demon here before, used the fog to hide its appearance. But that's already been dealt with. There is something else though."

She stepped forward as she explained "Beneath this castle is a laboratory that belongs to the Order. I don't know completely what's going on down there but I suggest you check it out. You'll probably find more than you would just wandering aimlessly around here."

I nodded however she still wasn't done as she suddenly said "I encountered a strange boy recently." I just looked at her confused and asked "And? What was so strange about him?" I honestly wasn't expecting what she said next.

"He has a demonic arm. And strangely enough, he kind of resembles Dante. Same white hair, same eye colour, even that same arrogant attitude." I turned to her "Did you catch his name?" She nodded and replied "Yes, Nero. He's a member of the Order as well which makes his resemblance to Dante even stranger."

I sighed, saying "I see. So where is he now?" Trish shrugged "I don't know, I encountered him on the bridge outside the castle and that was about three quarters of an hour ago, maybe even an hour. Since then he's already defeated that demon I mentioned earlier and is more than likely already on his way down into the laboratory."

With those words, my objective was clear. I asked "How do I access the laboratory." Trish sighed and said "That I'm not too sure. I only overheard the Order's leader Sanctus telling his lead scientist Agnus to head there. If you do find it, I'm certain you'll also find plenty of opposition."

And with that, she finally stepped back and said "I'd best be going now." I nodded and said "Same here, I've got to find Lady and we'll check out this laboratory. Thanks for the info on it." Trish smiled and said "You're welcome and good luck."

With that she just turned and walked away leaving me once again alone in the empty room. Once she'd completely disappeared from sight, I finally got moving myself. It seems I had an even larger task than before.

Not only did I  have the demon threat and the Order of the Sword to deal with. But now according to Trish, there was a boy wandering around with a demonic arm who looked suspiciously like Dante. It seemed things were beginning to take an interesting turn...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, we're getting closer to Nero's introduction now so hopefully that goes well. I really hope you enjoyed it and as always thank you for reading.