Chapter 36: Beyond the Mirrors, Trish's Trap

Y/N POV

Now with that Elixir of the Philosopher's egg in hand, me and Dante began our final hunt for Mundus. The sooner he was found and dealt with, the sooner we could leave this freaky castle and just go home!

Much like when we defeated Vergil, once Nightmare was gone, another portal appeared on the ground under us. The portal lead us to a room with a spiralling staircase which we descended. We met a few Marionettes though they were soon reduced to nothing.

We then found another portal in a small room that upon entering lead us out to that outdoor platform where we accessed the first mirror portal. However this time, the elixir from the egg we gathered appeared to be resonating with the second gateway, causing another image to appear.

It was safe to assume that this would be our best bet for progression. We leapt through it and found ourselves in some sort of luxurious bedroom. Dante looked around, saying "This place again. I encountered Vergil here. He came out of this mirror." He pointed to a large mirror on the wall.

I stepped forward thinking "If he came OUT of the mirror, then perhaps there may be a way for us to find a way in. That may be our best chance of progression." Dante thought about my suggestion for a moment before eventually saying "Sure, why not. Let's give it a go."

Dante stepped forward and sure enough, as he touched the mirror, his hand began to phase through it. He stepped right through and I followed close behind, now we found ourselves standing in a parallel version of the bedroom we were just in.  

We headed over to the door that lead out onto a balcony and instantly hopped over the edge into a grassy courtyard which was a darker reflection of the place where we fought Vergil for the first time at the castle.

On a pedestal in the middle was none other than the Philosopher's stone itself! You see, the egg didn't provide us with the stone itself! But rather the elixir needed to access this mirror dimension that would then allow us to get the stone.

Upon picking it up though, we heard strange laughter that instantly caused us to stand back to back with our weapons drawn. Surrounding us were these new demons, they looked somewhat humanoid but also possessed large arms protruding from their back!

Image of Nobody:

(So yeah, these demons are apparently actually called Nobody

(So yeah, these demons are apparently actually called Nobody.)

These demons actually proved to be far more troublesome that I had first suspected. Some of them seemed to grow larger and for some reason, this made them more durable as we needed to slash away at them until they shrunk back down before finishing them off for good.

Luckily though, I found my Grenade launcher worked wonders against them. I was able to keep up a constant bombardment and with that, it didn't take all that long until me and Dante had effectively taken each of them.

Now with them out of the way and the stone securely within our possession, we leapt our way back up to the balcony and we found ourselves heading back through the mirror into the real world.