Chapter 50: The Pendant and the Disturbing Intruder

Y/N POV

Me and Lady both approached Dante, sitting alone at a table in his favourite parlour. I could tell from the expression he had, he wasn't in the best state right now and judging by Patty's absence, I suspect she had something to do with it. He seemed to be transfixed with a strange necklace in his hand.

Lady asked him "Why the long face?" He ignored us, which caused her to add "If you've got time to sit here grumbling into your sundae dish, go do some work. You still haven't payed back all you owe us."

Dante rested his head on his fist and closed his eyes, saying "I'm doing work right now." He pointed to the necklace on the table. I just stared at it for a moment as Lady asked "What's this?" Dante bluntly replied "A pendant."

This only agitated Lady as she slammed her hand down on the table snapping "I can see that! You big dumbass! I'm asking what's with this pendant." I facepalmed before saying in an angered tone "Well you two just stop arguing for god's sake. It was funny the first time but now it's really beginning to piss me off."

In all honesty, ever since the incident with King, I hadn't felt quite right. I had never seen a demon die like that. And judging from the purple lightning and the rush I felt afterwards, it bothered me that Eclipse seemed to be at the centre of it all. 

Dante shrugged off my little outburst and replied to Lady's earlier question "I'm its bodyguard. No, necklace guard I guess." Lady chuckled as I grinned. We both sat down opposite him. Lady then said "Dante, that wasn't funny."

The waitress, Cindy rolled over with a pizza and placed it in front of Dante saying in a cheerful tone "Thanks for waiting!" She glanced at me asking "Hey Y/N, can I get you anything?" I shook my head replying "No thanks. I'm good." She nodded, smiled and rolled off once again to continue her shift.

Image of Cindy:

It didn't take long for Dante to demolish the pizza as Lady reached towards the pendant asking "Can it really be that valuable?" Dante quickly snatched it away causing Lady to ask "What's with you?" I added "Yeah, you aren't as obnoxious as usual

It didn't take long for Dante to demolish the pizza as Lady reached towards the pendant asking "Can it really be that valuable?" Dante quickly snatched it away causing Lady to ask "What's with you?" I added "Yeah, you aren't as obnoxious as usual."

Dante then said "This is something I can't let you turn into payment on that debt. So it's hands off Lady. Same to you Y/N." I raised both my hands saying "Fine, fine. No complaints here." Lady just slumped back down saying "As if I'd take it. Keep in mind, it's not yours."

She then abruptly reached out and snatched it saying "Got it!" She then held it up saying "Even I'm not evil enough to take something from your poor broke ass." Again, I facepalmed and said "Isn't that exactly what our debt is?"

Lady ignored my comment and looked at the pendant. She analysed it for a moment before tossing it back to him and standing up saying "Well, work hard and pay us back soon. Later." With that she walked out of the door with me close behind...

Timeskip...

I was back in our current hotel room, alone once again. Lady had gone out to the nearby library for unknown reasons. I believe it may have had something to do with that strange pendant that Dante was holding.

While she was doing that, I was sat in a dimly lit room, staring at Eclipse, the events with King had shaken me partially. I wanted to understand what had happened. Little did I know, King was only the first victim of this strange occurrence.

Suddenly, I heard what sounded like sickening laughter in the room followed by a voice saying "So, Dante does of a little brother.". I stood up and looked around the room before getting a feeling that caused me to spin around with my blade outstretched.

My eyes narrowed as  Eclipse was now pointed at a hideous looking man wearing a white shirt and black waistcoat. His eyes were looking off to the side and he had a grin stretched across his face showing a set of sharp teeth.

I snapped "Who the Hell are you?! And how did you get in here?!" I realized I recognized this man, the night Dante fought that masked demon, I had seen this guy jumping over the rooftops, fleeing the scene. The man chuckled again and replied "I am known as Sid."

Image of Sid:

I continued to glare at the man, upon closer inspection, I noticed his ears, they were sharp and pointed, almost like the stereotypical portrayal of an elf

I continued to glare at the man, upon closer inspection, I noticed his ears, they were sharp and pointed, almost like the stereotypical portrayal of an elf. I asked "Are you actually a human, or are you a demon in disguise."

'Sid' grinned and said "Perceptive aren't you. You're right, I am a demon-." Instantly, I cut him off laughing and saying "Well, you didn't exactly fool me. You must be a very weak demon since you can't even fully conceal your appearance."

My face returned serious as I maintained my stance with Eclipse and snapped "Now, why are you here?!" Sid kept grinning though his eyes held a glare as he said "I came to check if a few rumours were true."

"What rumours?" I asked as he answered "First off, I've had little run-ins with your brother Dante. I suspected he had siblings, but I wasn't sure." He eyes shifted to Eclipse as he said "Second-."

He stared at the blade in awe as he said "The fabled sword Eclipse, one of the four weapons of the hero Sparda. Yet you remain completely unaware of the power at your fingertips." "What power?!"

Sid didn't answer and instead just laughed before saying "Imagine if someone who actually understood, wielded such a blade." Then he let out a loud screech and ran at me. I dodged it easily, again, this guy was a pitiful excuse for a demon.

Though it seems hitting me wasn't his intention. As he reached the hotel's window, he gave me another look before saying "We will meet again." With that he opened the window and leapt through. I raced over to the edge however he was gone.

That's when my phone rang. I picked it up and listened to the person on the other end. I nodded and replied to what they said "Okay good. I'll meet you both there."

The end was near, I would finally figure out what was going on...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, we now in the finale of this segment, I really hope you like what's to come and I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well, also, as always, thank you for reading.