Chapter 110: The Rematch with the Demon King

Y/N POV

It felt good, I'll tell you that. The gift that came with Eclipse's truly awakened power. But it felt even better knowing I actually had full control of it. I had vanquished Eclipse's personality and somehow, I don't fully understand how, managed to merge it with myself, keeping the immense raw power it brought, yet retaining my mind and sanity. Now it was finally time for me and  Dante to confront the being responsible for awakening Eclipse in the first place.

Both me and Dante sped through the air, quickly making our way inside of the Qliphoth once again. This time we knew exactly where we were going and it didn't take us long to locate it, the same chamber where we had lost so badly last time, a fate that wouldn't be repeated again.

And as we smashed into the large chamber, it seemed we had arrived just in time. Because the first thing I noticed was a wounded Nero collapsed but still very much conscious Nero. And directly opposite was the demon responsible for dooming me to my cursed fate this last month. Urizen, this time though he was actually stood out of his throne, tentacles protruding from his back.

Image of Urizen:

There was an eerie silence

There was an eerie silence. Urizen's focus remained purely focused on us and we just both stared back at him. Behind us, Nero slowly got back to his feet and I could just about here him mutter "Dante, you son of a bitch... I knew you couldn't be killed that easily."

His attention must have shifted to me as I heard him murmur as well "Y/N, so Dante found a way to break through whatever spell you were under. Heh, I thought I'd be the one to do that." He addressed both of us this time, saying "Hey, he's all yours. But don't let it become a habit."

As he said that, he collapsed to the ground. As this happened, V's Griffon familiar showed up, possibly after having been trying to catch up with us all this time. He scooped up Nero in his claws and carried him off saying "Win you two! Win!" Before he then flew away.

We briefly gave him a sideways glance before turning our attention back to the matter at hand. Urizen also remained motionless and silent. Simply staring back at us. In an instant me and Dante both conjured Eclipse along with the Devil Sword Dante.

Urizen just slowly brought that annoying yet familiar crystal up in front of him and eerily said "Dante, Y/N..." In an instant we both made gestures with our blade that made red and purple auras burst out respectively. 

In an instant we both raced forward. As a testament to our new power, we effortlessly shattered that crystal that previously we had been unable to get past and wasted no time attacking Urizen with everything we had. As we did so he warned "Run while you can..."

Dante retorted to this by saying "You're one to talk! Do you know what you look like now?" Urizen attempted to lance at me with a swarm of tentacles however using my new Sin Devil Trigger form, I was able to easily evade and went in for a slashing attack that cut into the demon king's arm. Dante focused on the back and also managed to land several hits as we continuously dodge Urizen's attacks.

Unfortunately, just like the regular Devil Trigger, this new Sin Devil Trigger only had a limited time on it. And just as we were both gaining the upper hand, both our new forms wore out and Urizen performed a spinning attack that knocked us both backwards.

Even without our new powers, we charged in for another attack. Urizen once again sent barrages of tentacles from his back towards us, saying "Nowhere to go." We ducked out of the way before jumping and attacking the demon's torso and legs respectively.

I had to duck out of the way as more tentacles were sent towards me, as I landed back on the ground more tentacles came and tried to stab at me, one nicked my leg causing me to hiss faintly in pain however I recovered and continued my initial attack.

After a few minutes of this, it was once again time to unveil our new ability. At the same time, me and Dante transformed, revealing our new forms in bursts of red and purple. We kept on attacking as Urizen stated "What futile attempts."

He upped his game from there, the crystal from earlier returned and he began firing purple projectiles towards us. With our new forms we were able to quickly get past the crystal and began attacking.

Urizen lectured us "As long as either of you live. You will never understand, power is everything." In response to this I retorted "You see, that's where you're wrong. I have learned the importance of power. In fact it was that importance that gave me this gift and it was that importance that will be your downfall!"

Dante yelled "Y/N now!" With one final combined assault, we rushed forward. Swinging our weapons, we shattered the crystal with minimal effort from there we managed to constantly land attack after attack on Urizen.

He fought back, sending out tentacles along with purple projectiles, some of them still hit however thanks to Sin Devil Trigger we were able to withstand the attacks and keep up our assault until at last Urizen was pushed back and knocked down to all fours.

Me and Dante both returned back to normal as Dante began saying "All this time and you still don't get it." He conjured his new sword, I was about to step forward however he put his arm out to stop me.

I understood his gesture's meaning and nodded before stepping back. Dante approached Urizen however before he could reach him, the ground around us began shaking as the large demon got back to his feet, saying "It is you two who do not understand! It has begun!"

I snapped "What?! What has begun?! What are you playing at?!" Urizen simply stated "The Qliphoth is revealed in its entirety." He raised his hand as the crystal appeared in front of him again, it briefly took on a familiar shape before disappearing.

YAMATO, so Urizen did still have it. I didn't have much time to dwell on that as Urizen continued "This inconvenience matters not." There was a giant surge of blood behind him and he simply turned around and walked into it.

Me and Dante growled and rushed forward, we leapt through the torrent of blood however we simply came out of the other side, with no sign of Urizen at all! I let out a frustrated yell before snapping "Damn it where did he go?!"

Dante placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me down saying "We'll sort that out later. For now we need to regroup with the others. Come on." I nodded having managed to calm down.

We almost had Urizen, but this was far from over...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, another chapter I had fun writing so I hope you enjoyed reading it as well and as always, thank you for reading.