Chapter 82: The Snake Demoness' Return, Closing the Hell Gate

Y/N POV

"So, this is a Hell Gate?" Dante asked as we both walked towards the giant rectangle in the centre of the clearing. I stepped ahead of him approaching it as my eyes focused on the large fissure emanating a green glow that ran through the centre of it.

I reached towards it, replying "Yeah- and it appears to be opened. Which means-." I swiftly drew Eclipse and spun around just to cut through several plant-like potentials. Turning to face the source of the attack, my eyes narrowed as I finished. "-a demon should be present."

Sure enough, soaring through the air above us was Echidna. The same snake demon that I had fought a few hours ago. I knew she'd return however I didn't think it would be this soon. Allowing her to escape last time had proven to be a big mistake, and it was one I definitely wouldn't be making again!

She continued to loop around the trees, launching a few more projectiles in the process. Dante sighed and wasted no time, kicking each of them, causing them to ricochet off the trees. Echidna chose now to reveal her torso and head just in time for the projectiles to hit her in the face repeatedly.

This enraged her. She initially noticed Dante and barked "Who the HELL are you?!" Dante just turned and replied "Glad I got your attention, I was beginning to feel a little ignored." Echidna's eyes narrowed as she stated "You may jest, but the kindest fate I offer is to unify. And spend eternity with a child of mine!"

She appeared ready to charge forward when her eyes shifted to me. They widened and she seemed almost scared to see me. However she hid it behind rage as she yelled "You! Why are you back here?!"

I smirked as Dante turned to me and asked "So, you two have met each other?" I replied "In a manner of speaking yes." Dante laughed and asked "What? You haven't been going behind Lady's back have you?" I gagged a bit and said "Hell no! Lady was even there during our last encounter. She's just the demon that came out of that gate, we've fought her already."

Echidna yelled "Don't ignore me!" I didn't listen to her screaming as I continued "I'm not going to let her get away again. Sit this one out Dante. I think I deserve round 2." Dante groaned in annoyance at me before asking "Why? Can't I have some fun?"

I sighed before responding "I'll let you have the next major demon all to yourself. How does that sound?" Dante took a second to think before finally saying "Fine. It's a deal." We firmly shook on it, sealing the agreement.

Suddenly Echidna rushed towards me screaming "I SAID STOP IGNORING ME!" Before I could react, the giant mouth closed around me, trapping me inside of Echidna. Of course even this was a minor inconvenience for me.

With next to no effort whatsoever, I placed my hands on the top of Echidna's mouth easily prying the snake demoness' mouth back open again. She screamed "I won't let you get away that easily!" I just grinned before responding with "I'm afraid you've not got much of a choice."

I lashed out with Eclipse, slashing across her torso and as she let out a scream, I dived out of her mouth quickly landing back on the ground. She tumbled back a bit before quickly regaining her composure and coiled back up.

She growled before yelling "How DARE you strike me! You will PAY!" I just gave a smirk as she closed the large snake mouth and attempted to charge towards me once again. This time though I effortlessly leapt over her causing her to have to spin around to locate me.

I pulled out Cinder and fired shots toward her. Since they were hitting her snake-like body, she only took minor damage before retaliating with a series of her own projectiles. Of course by now I was more than capable of evading or just cutting through them.

A second time, Echidna attempted to launch herself at me, however once again I dived out of the way, causing her to go right past me, coil up and turn back around with anger present on her face.