Chapter 87: The Downfall of a Saviour, the End of Sanctus

Y/N POV

After me and Dante had forced Yamato into the Saviour's body, there was nothing we could do except hold it off and hope that Nero could take care of Sanctus alone. We could stall the stone giant, perhaps even damage it, however we couldn't finish it off for good. Not as long as Sanctus still drew breath.

I leapt into the air, avoiding another heavy punch and landing on the Saviours arm. I utilised Devil Trigger before sprinting full force up the giant limb. I heard Sanctus' echoing voice yell "BEGONE!" Before he attempted to swat at me like a common fly.

Effortlessly leaping over his hand, I reached the Saviour's shoulder and slashed at the colossal being's horn. Too my surprise, my blade was able was actually able to cut the right horn clean off, causing the Saviour to recoil briefly, this didn't last long though as it recovered soon after.

The Saviour then put a stop to my assault, slamming its hand down on its shoulder, almost hitting me if I hadn't managed to dodge by leaping backwards just as my Devil Trigger wore off. I was just about able to stab Eclipse into the Saviour's back, preventing me from falling to the town of Fortuna below.

I hopped up so I was actually balancing on my sword which protruded from the Saviour's back. I summoned Gilgamesh and began punching ferociously however even that wasn't much use. The Saviour didn't even react to my blows making me mutter "Come on Nero don't let us down kid."

Dante didn't seem to be having much better luck. With me balancing my sword trying to figure out a way around, he had become the Saviour's new target, he evaded attacks from the Saviour as it thrashed about trying to hit him.

This resulted in rather funny moment in which Dante was hanging from one of the Saviour's hands using Rebellion. The Saviour attempted to grab him with the other hand however it didn't do it much good as Dante avoided both hands and stood on top of them.

He avoided another punch before coming to a stop and looking towards the cracked blue gem, saying "Good luck kid." I chose now to finally make my move. I quickly withdrew Eclipse from the dent I made and flipped, I stabbed the body again and repeated this motion, slowly climbing up the Saviour's back before arriving back on his shoulder.

Conjuring Ifrit on one hand and Gilgamesh on the other, I smirked before tapping the Saviour's cheek quietly saying "Excuse me." As it turned to look at me, I performed a heavy punch that caused even the stone giant to recoil backwards at the force of it. 

It soon recovered and attempted to lash out. Me and Dante were both just about to fall however I landed on the Saviour's arm while Dante was left once again clinging to the stone torso with his blade.

Strangely enough, I'm pretty sure I could actually hear the voice of Nero coming from within the Saviour saying "Talk about shaking things up in here!" Dante must have heard it too as he replied "Hey kid! You should see what we're going through!" I also yelled in response "Yeah! It's not much better out here!"

We weren't wrong, after that statement me and Dante were forced to continue our effort to stall the Saviour. Constantly evading punch after punch. Since all the surrounding floating chunks of concrete and brick were gone so our options were limited to using the Saviour's own body.

Dante yelled "Come on kid! It's time to finish this!" I added "Best of luck Nero." I assumed Sanctus had hold of the sword Sparda meaning he was likely stronger now than when I had fought him. I just hope Nero was up to the challenge.

Soon our fight was relegated to the rooftops of Fortuna. Me and Dante kept on evading attacks as the Saviour went in for a punch that could easily hit both of us at the same time. That never happened though as we both raised Rebellion and Eclipse respectively and blocked.