Chapter 25: An Encounter with a Demonic yet Familiar Knight

Timeskip...

Dante POV

I have no idea where Y/N was. After we split up, I completely lost track of him, it was almost as if he had disappeared into thin air. The only clue I had to his whereabouts was a strange hole at the top of a flight of stairs. Even that didn't lead me to anywhere.

Nevertheless, I just pressed on through the castle, hoping that I would encounter him at some point. I briefly encountered a spider-like demon named Phantom who engaged me in battle. The fight was tough but I could tell it was already injured by something, possibly Y/N. It escaped though before I could know anything for certain.

I eventually found myself in a large and very fancy bedroom. Looking around, I saw a small statue near a mirror. Attached to the statue was a glowing orb and below it was a slot where something could be implanted.

I used an artefact called 'Death Sentence', a blade-shaped model I found that would be no good in combat. I muttered a quick "There we go." As the blade went in and the glowing orb dropped into my hand, losing its glow and becoming a plain brown orb.

That's when my new Demonic sword, Alastor started to spark violent electricity. I turned to face the mirror and was stunned when I saw my own reflection staring back at me with a sinister smirk that was unlike my own facial expression.

The reflection stepped forward and out of the mirror, as it did so, its appearance began to alternate into another form. Revealing a knight wearing black armour. His helmet completely covered his face and had large horns that protruded out and downwards at the same time.

Image of Nelo Angelo:

The knight abruptly drew his sword and I commented "This stinking hole is the last place I thought I'd find anyone with some guts

The knight abruptly drew his sword and I commented "This stinking hole is the last place I thought I'd find anyone with some guts." The knight remained silent, snapped his fingers which caused a door outside to open before gesturing me to follow and leaping out of it to the ground below.

I followed straight after, leapt over the balcony and into a grassy courtyard. I looked up and saw the knight standing on the room above me, his sword raised in the air before leaping down for a slash attack.

Barely dodging the swing, I quickly drew Alastor and went in for a counter attack. The knight blocked the attack with little to no effort before once again attempting a swing attack though this one was sideways and I used my Air Hike to dodge it with ease.

I retaliated with a stabbing attack and actually managed to connect this one actually hearing a low grunt from the otherwise silent knight. Before it swung a third time and slashed me faintly, causing me to fall back.

As I returned to my feet, the knight leapt onto one of the walls nearby. I followed close behind and we both slashed at one another in unison, this caused us to clash in the middle. We stared at one another, sparks emitting off our blades.

That was before we were interrupted by gunfire coming from the other side of the courtyard.

Y/N POV

I swiftly made my way through the castle until I arrived at another pair of double doors, bursting through them, I found myself on a high balcony overlooking a courtyard. On the lower wall opposite, I saw something that made my eyes widen.

DANTE was locked in a clash with a warrior that appeared to be a knight of sorts. Even though I couldn't see his face, there was something familiar about him. Even Eclipse seemed to be emitting a strange purple energy in his presence.

Regardless of the strange feeling I was experiencing, I morphed into my Devil Trigger and leapt from the balcony, almost torpedoing myself right towards the knight before slashing outward with Eclipse slashing at the knight's back, narrowly missing his cape.

My effort broke their clash as I landed in front of Dante, exiting my Devil Trigger, the Knight staggered back a moment before regaining his footing and clutching his blade with both hands, staring at us intensely. His helmet made it impossible to tell his facial expression.

Dante commented "Oh Y/N. Where've you been? I was looking for ages for you." I responded "Portal warped me to another part of the castle all the way up there." I pointed to the balcony I leapt off, it was the highest one overlooking the courtyard.

We turned back to the Knight and said "Seems you've got your hands full here." I then asked the Knight directly "Who are you?!" The Knight didn't answer and instead just pointed his blade at us.

With that, me and Dante both raced towards the Knight. We both split away from one another and attempted to attack from either side but somehow he managed to counter both our attacks at the same time.

He raised his blade to block Dante and simply used his arm to stop me. He then swatted us both downward however we caught out footing quickly and I instantly stabbed upwards towards his face. The Knight narrowly moved his head to dodge it before punching me in the chest.

As I hit the ground, I saw the Knight leap over to one of the other walls. Dante rushed over to me and asked "Hey, you alright?" I nodded and said "I'll be fine, I didn't expect him to be this powerful. Just go after him."

Dante nodded and leapt after him. I got up and soon followed as well. We all once again resumed our battle. Me and Dante both gave it everything we had and we actually dominated the battle at some points.

Unfortunately, the Knight wouldn't go down and eventually, he sent me back with an elbow to the face before picking Dante up by the throat and pinning him against the wall in a choke hold. I slowly got to my knees, prepared to attack however then Dante's amulet came into view.

The Knight looked down at it for a moment before suddenly dropping Dante and staggering back. He clutched both sides of his helmet as if he was in agony as electrical sparks completely covered his body.

He was then enshrouded in a blue light before disappearing from view. Me and Dante both returned to our feet and looked up at where the Knight had gone off to. Dante turned to me and asked "Who the hell was that?"

I shrugged and said "I don't know. But there's something about him that seems familiar. Regardless, I don't think this will be our last encounter with him..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, this one was much more fun to write than the last few, I really hope you enjoyed it. I sadly won't be able to upload tomorrow since I will only have time to write one chapter tomorrow and that will be for another book however you will get one on Tuesday so please bare with me. I really hope you liked this chapter like I enjoyed writing it and as always, thank you for reading.