Chapter 33: The Gelatinous Nightmare

Y/N POV

Following me and Dante's minor skirmish, we once again joined forces. With no further need to remain in the arena, we both exited back out into that large open courtyard once again, this time only to be ambushed by a group of those Sin Scissors demons

By this point, their ability to block our attacks was nothing to worry about and even the fact that there were four of them present at this point, didn't exactly make them all that much of a threat to us.

Drawing our swords, we instantly sprang into action. I rushed on of them, performing a fake-out stabbing attack. This was to lure the demon into blocking that attack and leaving them wide-open as I followed up with a downwards slashing attack.

I then inversed this attack by doing an upward slash straight afterwards before the demon had a chance to react. I then tried a sideways slash as well however that unfortunately got blocked, causing me to falter a little before recovering and going in for a stabbing blow.

My blade pierced right through the demon's torso and killed it. As I landed on the ground, I turned to another and pulled out my Grenade Launcher. Holding it in one hand, I fired a shell into the second demon that exploded upon impact. 

This knocked the demon back and gave me the perfect opportunity to leap up with Eclipse and perform a series of upward, downward and sideways slashes which in the end resulted in the second Sin Scissors demon dying as well.

As I was fighting those two, Dante also managed to dispose of the two he was fighting with about the same lack of difficulty as me. Once they were taken out, we headed back in the direction of the arena however this time we turned right.

You see, there was another door blocked by a shield and just like last time, we used the emblem shield we found in the catacombs and upon making contact, the shield blocking the door disappeared, allowing us to access the door.

This lead us into another underground network of tunnels with another backwards moving path and several spike traps, protruding out of the ground and the walls. Upon finally reaching the end of this passage way, we found a strange relic.

At first, it looked like a black statue however when Dante picked it up, he noticed an arm hole which he inserted his right hand into. As he did so, the tip of it opened up to reveal a small cannon of sorts.

Dante muttered "Wow." Before aiming the cannon at one of the walls. To my surprise, a bolt of green energy shot out and vaporized a large crater in the wall itself. I just stared at it in shock for a moment as Dante said "Well that looks cool."

Image of Nightmare Beta:

With this new and very destructive weapon in hand, we both backtracked out of the crypt and back up into the courtyard once

With this new and very destructive weapon in hand, we both backtracked out of the crypt and back up into the courtyard once. This time, we exited the same way we entered it the first time w were here.

This eventually lead us back towards the raised drawbridge leading back into Mundus' castle. Dante placed an artefact in a small hole and the drawbridge lowered, allowing us to retrace our steps in order to enter the castle where our journey started.