Chapter 14: Arkham's True Motives

Y/N POV

"BRAVO, BRAVO! I never dreamed that things would go so smoothly! Well done everyone! Well done!"

I will admit, I was somewhat surprised to see that clown demon from earlier, Jester I think he called himself. He approached us, clapping violently as Dante simply stated "You." It seemed he had also encountered this eccentric demon.

The woman attempted to aim her rocket launcher at him however he dashed forward and grabbed the end. I then heard him mutter "Don't be a bad girl Mary." My eyes widened a bit, so THAT was her name? I'm confused as to why she would hide it though I guess she had her reasons.

Jester flicked the rocket launcher upwards sending the woman, or 'Mary' into the air before hitting the ground hard. He added "Or you can expect a spanking from daddy later!" He then proceeded to chant "Jester's gonna spank ya butt, spank ya on the butt-!"

Vergil cut him off, snapping "Insane buffoon! I don't know where you came from but you don't belong here. Now LEAVE!" He raced forward and attempted to swing with Yamato however Jester effortlessly caught the blade.

He looked up at it before mockingly saying "That was close! But you've taken quite a trouncing today haven't you Vergil. You could have chopped me into confetti if you were in tip-top condition." Vergil growled out angrily "Damn you!"

Jester leaned forward and said in a completely different but still familiar voice "You've lost-." He then kicked Vergil across the room. My eyes widened in shock when in an instant, Jester was suddenly replaced with Arkham who finished the sentence "-Because you underestimated humans."

The woman looked up and asked "What's going on?" Arkham turned to face her and calmly spoke "Good girl. Pure and innocent, just like your mother." The woman snapped "You bastard!" She raised her handgun however Arkham was once again replaced by Jester who roughly grabbed her head and barked "It's time for your spanking my dear!" 

He then violently smashed the woman's head into the ground causing me to growl angrily. However it was also at this point that I finally realized the truth about Arkham and Jester. It would appear they were in fact the same person! But his motive still eluded me.

Still in his Jester form, Arkham turned to Vergil and asked "You want to know why the spell didn't break, hmm Vergil? You had the two amulets, and Sparda's blood, you had everything you needed to unleash the evil."

Dante suddenly stepped forward and said "I told you before, I don't like anyone who has a bigger mouth than mine." He then opened fire, even though he was shooting rapidly, Arkham effortlessly dodged the shots.

He ran up the wall saying "You are wounded and weak. Even I can do-" He leapt down and kicked Dante in the face, knocking him to the ground finishing "-THIS TO YOU!" He let out a psychotic laugh before suddenly morphing back to his regular form.

Arkham began explaining "Two amulets, a set of Sparda's blood. Now I need two more keys." He picked up the woman's rocket launcher and approached her, saying "He sacrificed two things in order to suppress the tremendous force of this tower. His own Devil's blood, and a mortal priestess."

He suddenly stabbed the bayonet down through the woman's leg causing her to cry out in pain. He said "I needed you, in who's body flows the same blood as the sacrificed woman, his spell cannot be undone without your blood."

I yelled out "Get your damn hands off her you bastard!" I don't know why but I felt a rage fill my body as I drew Cinder and swiftly opened fire. One of these shots actually hit Arkham head-on, causing a bleeding cut to appear on his cheek.

Arkham turned to face me, he wiped his cheek on his sleeve. Still clutching the rocket launcher, he began to approach me, saying "Can you imagine how surprised I was when I found out that Sparda didn't have just two children but THREE. I had at first thought it impossible to fulfil my ambition, after all, your mother did a good job of keeping you a secret from the world, but when I found out that you were in this city, I knew the time was right."

Suddenly he thrust the bayonet forward, right into my lower torso, the wound wasn't fatal but it caused me to grunt out in pain as blood began dripping out onto the floor. Arkham stared down at me before saying "I now have the blood of all three of Sparda's descendants."

Shifting back to Jester he pulled the bayonet out before tossing the rocket launcher back to the woman, he then began explaining "It was quite a ride you know. If any of you had died before getting here, our little plan would have gone to waste."

He paused for a moment before continuing "Therefore, my job was to make you battle each other to weaken you. But at the same time, I had to guide you here and make sure that you were kept alive. I even went so far as dressing like a complete idiot!"

Forgetting about me, he turned his attention back to the woman as he said "It's time for bed Mary. You can visit your dear mother." He then began letting out hysterical laughter.

Surprisingly the woman flipped upright, grabbed her rocket launcher and pointed it at him saying "Try me." Dante and Vergil both appeared behind him and pointed their swords at him. I even got up and did the same, now we all had him surrounded.

Vergil said "It's time for the clown to bow out Arkham." Dante added "Dude, the show's over." I finally said "Don't make us slice you into sushi clown boy." Arkham just shifted back to his usual form and spoke in that same chilling tone.

"Impressive, I expected nothing less from the Devil's descendants. But aren't you forgetting something Vergil? The spell is broken, what do you think will happen next? Let's welcome chaos."

Suddenly a small pillar emerged from the centre of the room, emitting a red aura that spread outward, plunging us all into a red light. The ceiling opened up and the entire room began shaking violently.

The platform we were on began ascending, all four of us attempted to attack Arkham however he surprisingly ducked before performing a sweeping attack, followed by a spinning kick. First we were knocked off our feet, then we were launched back off the edge of the platform.

I impacted the ground but quickly found my feet once again. I could hear Arkham's voice from the platform above, saying "Just sit and wait. Wait for the birth of a new god." He then proclaimed "I will take over the power of  SPARDA!!"

I looked over and saw that woman also looking up, however the ground underneath her crumbled away. She nearly fell however I raced over and grabbed her hand before pulling her back up.

We both looked upwards as the platform continued ascending to the top of the Temen-Ni-Gru. We could hear Arkham's laughter slowly fade out. I growled to myself, it seemed we had yet another problem to deal with...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, again, this was a particularly fun chapter to write so I really hope you liked it. I won't be able to upload in the morning again tomorrow however I will try and get a chapter up in the afternoon. Either way, as always, thank you for reading.