Chapter 11: The Time-Leaping Horse, Geryon

(So, I've decided I'm sticking with my original Devil Trigger idea, though if you want it to look different, it can. I've just decided Devil Kazuya would be much better for the Sin Devil Trigger form.)

Y/N POV

I quickly made my way back into the tower. I didn't exactly know where I was going. All I knew is that I needed to stop Vergil from unlocking the gateway to the Demon World. I didn't care if I possessed a Demon's blood, I couldn't allow innocent people to suffer based off Vergil's petty quest for power.

If anything, this 'Devil Trigger' power that I had now unlocked was exactly what I would need in order to even the playing field with Vergil even more. As you may remember, I didn't stand a chance in our last battle even with Dante present.

(Even though Y/N still strongly disliked Demons, he openly embraces his Demon side now since he knows it's the only way he can hold his own against the likes of Vergil.)

I continued to cut through lesser demons with no issue whatsoever. I was used to them by now so I didn't pay them any mind, just slashed my way through them and continued on with my path.

That was all until I arrived on some sort of bridge. I knew that I had never come across this location before now and for some reason, I was left somewhat on edge by my eerie surroundings, I was unsure if this would actually lead me to wherever Vergil was located.

As I began crossing the bridge, I noticed a few lesser demons on the other side, I partially unsheathed Eclipse and slowly made my way closer to them. However suddenly a series of blue flames lit up across the bridge.

My eyes widened as I looked down the bridge. Out on no where a giant, blue, flaming horse pulling an equally flaming carriage came running towards me, it instantly killed all the lesser demons upon contact and to make matters worse, it was now racing directly towards me!

Image of Geryon the Timesteed:

If I'm not mistaken, this was part of a rare species of Demon named 'Geryon'

If I'm not mistaken, this was part of a rare species of Demon named 'Geryon'. They possessed a unique ability that allowed them to manipulate time itself, an ability which would serve me greatly.

I was snapped from my thoughts when the Timesteed nearly trampled me. However I was lucky and just in time, I leapt over the horse, performed a flip before landing behind it. However as it reached the other end of the bridge, it disappeared in a faint blur.

Suddenly it re-emerged back where it was originally and raced at me once again. I smirked down at it this time before saying "So, you want a chicken game. Is that it? Very well, I shall oblige." With that I once again entered my Devil Trigger state.

I used my enhanced speed to race forward, directly towards the Geryon. We continued racing towards one another for some time. When we met in the middle however, I leapt upwards yet again, drew Eclipse and sliced along the creature's back.

The Geryon stopped and I was given this chance to slash away at it. The Timesteed tried to kick at me however I kept dodging its attacks and following up with a few of my own. That's when the floor beneath us crumbled away!

Both me and Geryon fell for a short moment before we eventually landed in what seemed like some kind of arena. I stood up and turned to the horse that was now looking down at me. I spoke up "So, this arena was located within the tower as well. I must admit, it's impressive. Now, where were we?"

Geryon ran towards me, just like before however I dodged. It followed up by repeatedly running around the outskirts of the arena, firing missile-like projectiles towards me. I relentlessly dodged the projectiles, even though my Devil Trigger had worn off for now.

Eventually the horse ran directly at me, however I dodged. Suddenly though I felt as if everything had been slowed for me. I don't know how it happened but I assumed this was the work of the Geryon's abilities.

During this brief period, the Geryon itself disappeared however when these effects wore off. It re-appeared and raced towards me yet again before coming to a stop in front of me. Even though it was still firing projectiles, I was now given the chance to attack it head-on.

The fight was surprisingly easy. This cycle kept going, it would run around the arena firing projectiles at me, it would then use its time-slowing abilities to try and get the drop on me, then it would stop and leave itself wide-open to attack.

Sure enough, upon noticing this cycle, I was eventually able to take down the Geryon. Now we just stared at one another, I was slowly regaining my breath. The horse suddenly let out a loud noise as it burst into blue flames and collapsed on its side.

Floating above the corpse was a glowing orb, burning in that same blue flame. The orb began floating towards me as I extended my hand towards it and was surprised when it disappeared into my hand.

I looked down at my hand, I don't know how but it would seem I had somehow absorbed the abilities of the Geryon. A grin stretched across my face. I knew the ability to slow time would definitely serve me well, especially in my battle against Vergil...

(Yes, Y/N now has the Quicksilver ability. I chose to give him this since I want his next battle with Vergil to be a much more even fight since Vergil will have those Beowulf gauntlets at that point. Also this chapter takes place during Mission 9, hence why Y/N encountered and defeated Geryon before Dante.)

Vergil POV

I followed Arkham as he lead me through the tower explaining "Soon we will reach the lair of judgement. Temen-Ni-Gru will finally regain its full function and lead us into the Demon world. The world where Sparda's power has been sealed, and the one who will lift the incantation is you, his own son."

He began opening the large door while looking down at the book he always carried. As the door opened he gestured inside. I walked past him before stopping and finally asking "Does that woman really bother you?" He turned to me shocked and asked "What are you talking about?"

I asked "Why didn't you kill her? Perhaps because she is your daughter? Did some pesky fatherly love get in your way?" Arkham stepped forward, angrily saying "That's none of your-!" I cut him off by spinning round and impaling Yamato through his torso.

He dropped his book as I stepped round him, saying "To further your study of the black arts, you sacrificed your loving wife, to become a Devil as well. Knowing this, I thought you'd be more useful to me. But I was wrong." I drove the sword deeper into him, causing his blood to drip onto the book.

I then glared directly at him and said "No wonder your attainment of power is incomplete." Arkham stared up at me and asked "What about you? You're an incomplete being as well. Both Demon and human blood mingle in your veins. 

I withdrew Yamato and carelessly said "Shut up." As I placed the blade in its sheath, Arkham's body fell to the ground. The last thing I said to him was "Now that the final door is open, I have no use for you."

With that, I walked away, leaving Arkham's body to rot...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. Now tomorrow I won't be able to upload in the morning however I will be able to do so in the afternoon, so that's when I'll try and get the next chapter up. Anyway, I do hope you enjoyed this one and as always thank you for reading.