Chapter 107: Forced to Re-live the Past

Y/N POV

I was left confused and even somewhat scared as to what was happening. One second I was fighting Dante, my mind flooded with the voices, the rage and the calls of Eclipse. Next I was here, now I felt nothing, I heard nothing, saw nothing but the dark void around me, it felt like I was floating in an ethereal plain.

For the first time at all in the last month, my mind was free of the voices, of the corruption and I was finally given a chance to think. I started by looking around at my surroundings, sure enough, there was absolutely nothing around me, and I had no means of moving, instead I was just left drifting through this unknown realm.

Looking down though, I noticed I still had Eclipse, even though I was in my human state once more, that sword remained with me. My eyes narrowed, I knew now that this blade had been the cause of my corruption and quite frankly, now I wanted nothing to do with it!

I grabbed the sheath and was about to toss the purple blade into the void when suddenly right in front of me, I saw a light off in the distance. It started out far away however it began drawing closer as it did I had to raise my hand to shield my squinting eyes. The next thing I knew the light completely consumed me and my eyes had to close my eyes properly to close it off. 

What happened next was even stranger. I must have blacked out, because the next thing I knew my mind was transported. I was no longer in the here and now, but rather inside a memory from my distant past. And not just any memory, but rather that of the day my mother died!

Flashback...

I remembered that day very well. My eyes slowly opened and I found myself lying down on the wooden floor of my home living room, mere hours ago a horde of demons attacked our house without warning and one attacked me, I don't know how or why I wasn't dead yet, I also didn't know where my mother was.

MOTHER! Where was she?! Straight after the demons attacked, she told me to find somewhere to hide however I didn't make it, as I was coming through the living room a demon smashed through the window in front of me it was probably that which knocked me unconscious.

I got up on all fours and looked at my surroundings. The entire room was in complete disrepair. The windows were all shattered, the carpet was ripped up, the sofa was overturned and the walls looked charred and damaged.

Slowly getting back to my feet, I gasped in pain as I felt a sharp sting in my side. Clasping the wound, I found a slash made by the demon that attacked me, blood leaked out and dripped onto the tattered carpet.

Standing upright, I began limping out of the room, making my way into the large entrance hall. That room was just like the lounge only there were small fires here and there that would soon expand, I knew there was no saving my home now.

Outside I could hear hammering rain. I was just about to head up the stairs when I happened to look out of the door which had been blown off its hinges. Collapsed on the grass outside was my MOTHER, she wasn't showing any sign of movement so naturally, I feared the worst.

I moved as fast as I could, gasping in pain due to the wound in my side. As I approached my mother I called out "Mother?! Mum?!" She didn't reply and I picked up my pace. The grass outside was slick with mud from the rain and squelched beneath my feet however I didn't care.

Upon reaching my mother's body, I dropped to my knees at her side and rested a hand on her shoulder. Gently shaking her again I asked "Mum?" Her eyes opened slowly and glanced up towards me.

Analysing her body, my eyes widened upon noticing a giant wound in her stomach that was profusely bleeding, staining the already soaked grass around her. I then moved my attention to her face as she stared up at me.

"Y/N..." She weakly rasped out, I stroked my hand on her cheek saying "I'm here, just hold on." Mother just stared at me before saying in the same weak tone as before "Y/N, be strong... Don't lose sight of who you are... There are people in this world who will need-." She cut off suddenly and I noticed her eyes slowly begin closing.

I panicked exclaiming "Mum?! Mother?!" She didn't respond, I shook her further, adding "Please, please wake up! Mother!" I looked up and in the sky I saw a trio of red dots, looking down on me from a shroud of darkness overhead.

I felt a great amount of rage fill my body before I let out a yell fuelled by pure fury. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" It echoed throughout the surrounding area. Our house was oddly isolated, located in a thick woodland area away from prying eyes.

My rage was cut short when a bright purple light coming from behind me. Spinning around, I raised my hand to shield my eyes. Too my surprise, the light appeared to be coming from INSIDE my home.

I turned back, reached out and gently closed my mother's eyes. Standing up, tears fell from my own eyes before I sadly said "Goodbye mum. I'll miss you." I got back to my feet once more, this time the pain in my side was almost completely forgotten as I limped back towards my house, intent on finding the source of the eerie purple light.

My search lead me all across the house, avoiding the continuously spreading fires until I finally came across my mother's study. In all my years that we'd lived in this house, I'd never once been allowed in this room. Mother always kept it locked however the demon attack had broken the double doors down.

I stepped into the room, it was filled with many strange objects, many of which bared the insignia of a company named 'Uroboros', I had no idea what that was, however I didn't care too much as my focus remained on what I believed was once a hidden cupboard, presumably once concealed behind a series of shelves,  that was directly opposite, the door of which was hanging ajar by one of its remaining hinges, the multitude of locks either completely destroyed or damaged.

The glow appeared to be emanating from inside of there. I kept my hand covering my eyes as I approached, the light still too bright to look at directly. As I approached the cupboard though it began to die down just as I opened it up completely.

What I found inside was strange sword, completely purple in colour. It also held a demonic quality towards it. It was also at this point I began to hear voices seemingly emanating from the blade itself. "Come to me. Come to me."

The words continued and the more I listened, the more I seemed to be hypnotised by them. The next thing I knew, I was reaching out and I clasped the blade by the hilt causing a sudden flash!

Back to present day...

As soon as I'd grabbed the hilt in the memory, I was brought right back to the present, floating in that dark void. I remembered that day all too well. Shortly after finding the sword, I went back and buried my mother near the ruins of the house, where she remained to this day. I would one day want to take Lady and S/N there to meet 

Suddenly I heard a voice, at first it didn't seem to have a source but rather it was coming from the void around me. "Do you understand now?" Soon a manifestation appeared in front of me, it appeared to be a mass of black fog as it continued "You were lost when I called you to me. And it was through me that you found your way."

I came to the conclusion that this was a manifestation of Eclipse. I thought back to my mother's dying words "Never lose sight of who you are, there are people in this world who will need-." She never finished her sentence but I understood what she meant now so I spat.

"It was you who used me, to feed your sadistic bloodlust. You preyed on me when I was young and driven by rage. Why should I grant you control now." The black fog let out a laugh before yelling "FOOLISH BOY! You were gullible to take my service then and you cannot fight my control now. I'd hoped you would just quietly sit back however if you must resist me-."

The fog took shape, transforming into the same exact shell I'd been forced to live inside for the last month. The demon grinned before saying "-Then I shall just put you in your place."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, next up will be regular Y/N against Eclipse Y/N, I chose to do it in this order purely because Y/N defeating Eclipse and gaining control of it will be what allows him to awaken his own Sin Devil Trigger which will first appear at the end of that chapter. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.