Chapter 96: The Devil Breaker

Y/N POV

I instantly took off, flying back towards the Qliphoth, my head still pounded after what had happened. The events which had played out before still ran fresh in my mind and honestly, I was having trouble believing what I saw fully.

Lady had been alive all this time? I'd thought that she died a month ago following our fight with Urizen, it had become the only thing that made me consider going against Urizen however even if I did, I wouldn't be able to actually do anything and yet there she was, clearly still alive and trapped inside of Artemis all this time.

It explained why I had got them strange feelings, perhaps a fragment of my old self could sense that she was in there and perhaps it was that which also stopped me from attacking Nero before. Let's just say, if I wasn't angry thinking Lady was dead, I was LIVID knowing that she had been right in front of me all this time and I had been none the wiser...

My thought process was cut short when I felt something wrap around one of my ankles preventing me from flying further and jolt in mid-air. I glanced back and growled angrily to myself when I saw Nero standing there, an orange cord protruding out of his robotic arm and wrapping around my ankle.

I drew Eclipse and swiftly spun around, effectively cutting through the cord. Now would have been the perfect opportunity to escape. However I didn't move and for a good few minutes, we just stared at one another.

Slowly descending to the ground I landed directly opposite Nero and we stood in silence, our eyes staring at each other. Eventually Nero was the one to break said silence when he yelled "Hey Asshole!" He raised his gun and pointed it at me, adding "I'm not done with you yet."

I still kept silent, just blankly staring. Nero raised an eyebrow and asked "What, not going to say anything?" Again, no reaction and I could tell my silence was getting to Nero so he stated "Okay, then let me ask you this."

He pointed to Eclipse and asked in a hostile tone "How the hell did you get that sword?! It belongs to a friend of mine and I've not seen him in a month! What did you do to him?! Where is Y/N?!"

It was at this point that my bloodlust returned. While witnessing the battle with Artemis that feeling had somewhat been quelled. Yet now it was back, the tug on my mind was gone, as were the headaches. Now all I felt was said bloodlust and desire to harvest.

I let out a psychotic laugh before saying in an almost playful tone "Poor poor Nero, so confused and unaware to what's truly going on here. HAHAHAHA!" It seems from my distorted tone of voice, he STILL didn't recognize me as he simply asked "What?"

I pointed Eclipse at him and said "You'll find out soon enough." Nero instantly drew his Red Queen and stabbed it into the ground before giving it a firm rev until it was glowing red with heat as he spat "Fine, if I have to force an explanation out of you, then so be it."

He charged forward, weapon in hand causing me to do the same. We instantly met in a fierce clash that caused sparks to fly from our respective weapons. While he was distracted I instantly took that moment to kick him in the stomach making him gasp and double over.

I went in for a follow-up slash however Nero quickly recovered and leapt back and drew his gun which I believe was called Blue Rose, he fired several shots towards me, each one hit however they didn't do any notable damage, in fact I didn't even flinch and instead just chuckled menacingly causing Nero's eyes to widen.

I dashed forward at great speeds trying to land a multitude of slash attacks which Nero was doing his best to dodge however one attack in particular cut into Nero's side causing him to let out a pained "Agh!" I sadistically remarked "And that is just a taster, time for a full serving!"

Nero snapped "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He then thrust his cybernetic arm out towards me, it was much like before against Artemis, a giant purple electrical hand shot out and hit me head-on, the electricity actually stunned me for a while however I instantly recovered before leaping back to dodge a follow-up attack from my opponent.

His attack did give me an idea though, as I leapt back I shot a stream of purple electricity from my hand that hit Nero head-on and gave him a powerful shock. I fired another which managed to knock him back.

I took to the air as he stood back up and then I dived forward almost in a crescent motion. Nero barely was able to dive out of the way, collapsing to the ground on his front. As I flew up again, he began getting back up, still clutching the wound from earlier.

I'll admit, Nero was holding up surprisingly well and the fact that the electricity from his cyber arm was actually able to stun me was a neat detail. However with Eclipse guiding me, it would take nothing short of something BETTER than even Devil Trigger to best me and Nero didn't even have that.

I went in for another crescent slash, descending towards him, attacking before ascending up again. However just like before Nero was able to get out of the way, just in the nick of time. And once again, just like before we just stared in silence.

Nero kept clutching the wound I inflicted before as he asked "Who the hell even are you?" I will admit, I found it surprising that he hadn't caught on to who I was. 

Instead of directly telling him I just grinned and said "Use that brain of yours. You'll catch on." Next Nero asked "How are you so powerful?! And you still haven't told me how you got that weapon!" I just shifted my eyes to Eclipse and replied "Again, use your brain and think."

In an instant my wings spread as I said "Perhaps I'll give you some time to think and save you for later." I took to the air and replied "Until we meet again Nero." As I flew upwards I flicked my wings out causing a gust of which which held light purple fumes in it before flying away. As I flew I'm pretty sure I heard Nero say something.

"Y/N?"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, like I said before I don't think I'll be uploading for this book tomorrow, since the next idea I chronologically have is the 2v1 battle against Nero and V which naturally wouldn't make sense for the next chapter so I need to plan a bit to get some ideas to fit until then. I really do hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.