Chapter 88: Let's Rock!

Timeskip, the following evening...

Just as this whole ordeal started, it ended with me and Lady stood outside the Devil May Cry shop, Lady holding a briefcase in her hand containing the little reward we had for Dante and Trish's efforts in stopping the order, even if we did help them out a fair bit.

Before we entered though, Lady stopped me with a stern expression on her face as she said "Y/N, we need to talk." I turned to her and replied "Sure, what's on your mind?" Lady asked "Is it true that you attacked Dante? If so why? Surely he doesn't annoy you enough that you'd try to kill him." Despite her joking comment, her tone was completely serious.

I sighed, sitting down on the steps outside the shop resting my head in the palm of my hand. I looked at Lady and answered her question. "I don't know what happened, it was instantaneous. Right after I'd killed that Order Alchemist Agnus, I just lunged at Dante without any logical reason, and as quick as it came, it was gone and I was back to normal."

Lady sat next to me and asked "What do you think caused it?" I once again glanced at Eclipse, saying "I have a theory. But I can't be certain." Lady stood up, saying "Well we can discuss things later on. Come on, we've got important business to conclude."

I smirked and said "Right, lets get this done and dusted." With that, we headed up the steps and pushed the door open. As expected, Dante was sat in his chair with his feet up, reading a presumably explicit magazine again.

Lady instantly stated "You're a lifesaver. Now me and Y/N can finally do our job in peace." She placed the briefcase on the table as Trish approached, spun it around and opened it up. Inside was an underwhelming amount of money, but it was a suitable reward for the counter trouble Trish in particular had caused by bringing Sparda along.

I addressed this by asking "More? You're lucky that's what you're getting after the unnecessary trouble you gave us with your whole 'Gloria' act." Lady leaned forward smirking as she added "Was it not your fault that things escalated to the level that they did? Bringing Sparda into the spotlight?" 

There was silence for a moment before we all turned and looked at Dante who stared at us blankly for a moment before pretending to read his magazine again. Trish snatched it away and complained "Hey! I was just getting to the good part!" Trish told him "This is your case too Dante."

Dante just went back to reading saying "Yeah well, we take what we can get right?" Me and Lady smiled as I said "Well, then it's settled." We turned to leave when the phone rang, Trish picked it up, speaking "Devil May Cry."

She listened before saying "It's a customer with a password. They're nearby, what should we do?" Dante grinned before abruptly snapping the magazine shut. He stood up, saying "You really need to ask?"

He grabbed Rebellion, Ebony and Ivory before making his way towards the door. Lady asked "Can we come along?" Dante shrugged saying "Do what you want. But don't expect to get paid." He glanced at me, adding "Both of you."

Trish got up and stood next to us, Lady asked her "There's something so exciting about all this. You think so right?" Trish simply answered by saying "I won't lie." Lady asked me "And what about you?" I just said "If it stops the dust collecting. I'm all for it."

Dante stopped before asking "OK, are you ready?" I raised a hand warning "Wait! Don't kick the-!" I was cut off when Dante whirled back around, kicking the door and sending it flying off its hinges causing me to mutter the end of my sentence "-the door..."

Dante yelled "Come on you three!" We all drew our weapons and in a dramatic fashion, we did a group pose, Lady holding Kalina Ann, Trish next to her with her own handguns extended. I was behind them Cinder up in the air and Dante was down on one knee with Ebony and Ivory out in front of him. We all yelled out in unison.

"LET'S ROCK!"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter as well as the end of the Devil May Cry 4 segment. From here we're going into the finale of the story with Devil May Cry 5. I might take tomorrow off purely to compose myself a bit. I'm a bit anxious with two ideas that I have planned that will take place in this segment. First up there is the matter of Y/N and Lady's son who will be introduced in the first chapter and cameo every now and then, the reason I'm putting him in at the start of it as opposed to the end is because he will be Y/N and Lady's main motive throughout the segment as well as be the motivation for the ending. The second of these is how Y/N will be portrayed after that first encounter with Urizen, you may be able to guess what I'm planning to do since I've been heavily hinting at it in this segment but it's HOW I plan to do it that is important. After an incident with one of my other books, I've kind of had confidence problems when it comes to big ideas in my books. I just really hope you like what's to come, next up will be a summary author's note which I don't know whether will be up tomorrow or not. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.